shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do your fingers swell in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve lost a bunch of weight, and I have no idea how to size my rings right now. Should I just wait to see when the weather gets cooler? If so, when would be a good time to check for a truer size?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would size it to fit your finger during the summer snug - not tight, so that when winter rolls around, it is what it is, but summer is the true test of whether it is beareable for you to wear or not but thats me personally.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
In summer, my rings are so tight I hardly wear them. In winter, they roll around and some times are really loose.

Good question Uppy, I would like the answer too.

In summer though, I swell up like a balloon from the heat.
14.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, right now it is 107.8 degrees in Oklahoma. So I guess it won''t get hotter than this! Until I go to hell.......
29.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 4:31:51 PM
Author: Upgradable
Well, right now it is 107.8 degrees in Oklahoma. So I guess it won''t get hotter than this! Until I go to hell.......
29.gif
lol.... here it is 112 degrees
14.gif
hate it! and its usually over 100 degrees from about June-August

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i would try now...b/c it''s easier to envision it looser than tighter. If you can squeeze a ring on, it''ll fit in the winter. But don''t go for a ring that is so snug it cuts off your circulation! Mine def requires a squeeze over the knuckle, but fits fine once over. Winter, it rolls around but can be secured by the e-ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
112?????????????????????????????????? OMG, stick my head in the freezer please.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Well it was 106 this weekend in north Texas, the humidity is what really gets me. My fingers actually look pretty slim today- nice and cool in the office
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 4:43:06 PM
Author: Linda W
112?????????????????????????????????? OMG, stick my head in the freezer please.
After leaving a fabulous air conditioned bulding walking to your car it feels like a nice OVEN breeze
23.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Our airconditioning fan motor went out last Friday. I had icepacks tucked in my armpits!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 4:48:28 PM
Our airconditioning fan motor went out last Friday. I had icepacks tucked in my armpits!
sooo I'm thinking now is a good time to get your ring sized
1.gif
like you said, can't get any hotter right?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:48:28 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha. I would have ice packs down my blouse too.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
So, I''ll trust the size that the jeweler measured, right before he told me that he''d sue me if I tried to copy the design?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Mine swell ridiculously. My ring size under "normal" conditons is 4.25. During the summer, I swell so much they are uncomfortably tight. I''ve been wearing a size 5 band I have on days when it''s really hot. I really wish they were a 4.5. I even mentioned it to the jeweler when they were made and they insisted it was better to size them for winter so they wouldn''t spin a ton. I wish I''d stuck to my guns and had them made a smidge bigger.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

Blech! It is SOOOOOOOOOOO hot here this summer! So glad to see my fellow Okie posting again!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
Well I''ll save you a barstool Uppy, for I fear Mr Gailey will be dispatching me there sooner rather than later when he finds out just how many projects I have in the works. Love the star sapphire by the way. I got to see a white one earlier this year and it was totally mesmerising.

I could barely get my wedding ring on and off yesterday, now I''m worried that the ring that''s being made at the moment will be the wrong size.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 5:54:07 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

29.gif

Blech! It is SOOOOOOOOOOO hot here this summer! So glad to see my fellow Okie posting again!
Smootch!! Are you in town this summer? We ought to meet for lunch sometime!!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes indeed I am! I''d love to!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m off NW36th and Robinson. Where and when??

icekid

Ideal_Rock
my rings are more snug in the summer, but not such that I would need to size them or anything. It''s better than when they spin incessantly on my freezing hands
3.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:55:26 PM
So, I'll trust the size that the jeweler measured, right before he told me that he'd sue me if I tried to copy the design?

ROTFL! Not!

ETA My fingers don't seem to change size much with temperature or weight. What kills me is the bloat from airline travel!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You pick! Since I''m in Norman I don''t know all of the good places to go to lunch in OKC!

I could do lunch next Monday or Wednesday...?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Monday is good. Are you downtown near the university? Are you acquainted with the mall area?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I feel terrible for the threadjack! Maybe we should start a new thread or figure out another way to contact each other?

I live about a mile from campus, but don''t mind meeting you in OKC. Which mall are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results