shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you tip your mailman tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
None, he can''t ever get MY mail in MY box
29.gif
Which is why I have a PO box

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez-I never thought about giving the mailman a gift! Our usual one is SO nice!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a $1000 bucks if he brings me a 2.5ct diamond.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
$100. He deserves that and more. He goes above and beyond for us. We will miss him as he''s retiring this Spring!!!
39.gif

Everyone loves him, he''s a friend to many... I know so sappy,. but it''s true...
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I heard that they are not allowed to accept cash gift, only gift or gift cards. I am thinking of getting him a Target gift card as everyone can prob use some, right?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Nada & same for the garbage men, sorry.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 10:30:31 PM
Author: exoticisabella
None, he can''t ever get MY mail in MY box
29.gif
Which is why I have a PO box
took the words right out of my mouth

The USPS lost so many packages of mine this year and refused to take any ownership of the situations and treated me like garbage when I tried to locate them. I refuse to give them any business unless I have to. Hundreds of dollars in purchases - gone. Thanks USPS.
29.gif

Sorry for the rant- short answer: I would be fired if I did my job that poorly - No tip.
38.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 10:50:38 PM
Author: zhuzhu
I heard that they are not allowed to accept cash gift, only gift or gift cards. I am thinking of getting him a Target gift card as everyone can prob use some, right?

We always do a Target gift card because, like you said, it is a good general store, and anyone could make use of a card there. I *thought* I had read in the past that there was a $25 gift limit and that they do not accept cash; however, I was not able to find this on the USPS website just now.
33.gif

Whenever my mail carrier leaves a package, she always leaves treats for my dogs.
1.gif
We all like her very much.
16.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never done it either, but this is my first year in the burbs (never did it when I lived in the City--I was in an apt of 400+, and I never saw the guy).

One thing I''ve heard is mailmen cannot accept cash gifts..is this some urban myth?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None - I''ve never tipped the mailman. If I had a relationship with them or they did something special for me above and beyond the
usual then I would consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results