shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you spend eating out per month

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 11:21:06 PM
Author: Phoenix
Goodness, some of you seem to have such great discipline. I guess it''s hard for us because eating well / eating out is part of our chosen lifestyle. We''ve cut down on other areas like shopping for clothes, shoes and buying knick-knacks for the house which aren''t necesssary or which we may not keep long-term. We figure, we''ve worked so hard, we have to reward ourselves with something and foods and drinks are not something that we''re willing to cut down.

Groceries are another area where we spend a lot of money on. We easily spend $300-400 a week on food shopping (excluding going out), so our eating out (not counting things like Starbucks) is not so much compared to our groceries. We''ve also chosen to have proper lunches instead of fast food (that stuff is so bad for us). What we haven''t done though is buy organics completely (we buy some). I''d hate to think how much our bill would shoot up if we did!
4.gif
i understand...bird''s nest are little expensive.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 1:04:28 PM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 4/17/2009 12:12:36 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

One thing FI and I love to do is take advantage of happy hour specials. For example, you can go to McCormick and Schmick''s (Seafood restaurant) and order anything off their bar menu for under $5. And they''re good sized portions too. Part of the fun is finding places like this and part of it is ordering a few smaller things and trying new dishes.

I like almost nothing better than eating small plates for dinner!! Yum!

Oh me too! I love doing that.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 3:33:31 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Goodness, some of you seem to have such great discipline. I guess it's hard for us because eating well / eating out is part of our chosen lifestyle. We've cut down on other areas like shopping for clothes, shoes and buying knick-knacks for the house which aren't necesssary or which we may not keep long-term. We figure, we've worked so hard, we have to reward ourselves with something and foods and drinks are not something that we're willing to cut down.

Groceries are another area where we spend a lot of money on. We easily spend $300-400 a week on food shopping (excluding going out), so our eating out (not counting things like Starbucks) is not so much compared to our groceries. We've also chosen to have proper lunches instead of fast food (that stuff is so bad for us). What we haven't done though is buy organics completely (we buy some). I'd hate to think how much our bill would shoot up if we did!
4.gif
i understand...bird's nest are little expensive.
9.gif
He he, not counting birds' nest, DF!
9.gif

How much do YOU spend eating out a month, DF? We know you enjoy eating out all the time!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 5:29:03 AM

Date: 4/19/2009 3:33:31 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Goodness, some of you seem to have such great discipline. I guess it''s hard for us because eating well / eating out is part of our chosen lifestyle. We''ve cut down on other areas like shopping for clothes, shoes and buying knick-knacks for the house which aren''t necesssary or which we may not keep long-term. We figure, we''ve worked so hard, we have to reward ourselves with something and foods and drinks are not something that we''re willing to cut down.

Groceries are another area where we spend a lot of money on. We easily spend $300-400 a week on food shopping (excluding going out), so our eating out (not counting things like Starbucks) is not so much compared to our groceries. We''ve also chosen to have proper lunches instead of fast food (that stuff is so bad for us). What we haven''t done though is buy organics completely (we buy some). I''d hate to think how much our bill would shoot up if we did!
4.gif
i understand...bird''s nest are little expensive.
9.gif
He he, not counting birds'' nest, DF!
9.gif

How much do YOU spend eating out a month, DF? We know you enjoy eating out all the time!
2.gif
about $600 per month.i eat mostly chinese foods and sometime steaks or roasted prime rib for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results