shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you pay for medical insurance a month?

How much do you pay on a monthly basis?

• D-$100 to $200 for myself and family

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • E-$200+ for myself

• F-$200+ for myself and family

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
This is for my own curiosity. This is just medical insurance and does not include any dental, vision, or special plans you may have. You can explain if you''d like but don''t have to. TIA
35.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I pay about $150 a month, although that''s because I don''t work full time. If I was ft, it would only be about $80 per month.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have such an amazing deal right now...we pay $21 a month for our family. And we have cadillac coverage-for example I did not pay one cent for any of my prenatal care or the births of my babies at all. We don''t have co-pays either, don''t have to deal with referrals, it''s sweeeet.

I am practically cringing at the thought of having to pay hundreds of dollars per month in insurance when we move next year!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Approx $80/month for myself.

I have the best offered at my place of work, but definitely not the best out there. It''s fine for now, since I''m rarely sick, and I am fully covered.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 10:40:19 AM
Author: neatfreak
We have such an amazing deal right now...we pay $21 a month for our family. And we have cadillac coverage-for example I did not pay one cent for any of my prenatal care or the births of my babies at all. We don''t have co-pays either, don''t have to deal with referrals, it''s sweeeet.

I am practically cringing at the thought of having to pay hundreds of dollars per month in insurance when we move next year!
6.gif

Can I be your roommate? LOL

I have the same coverage for $160 a month for myself! I think its due to the lack of options provided by my company. You either get the insurance that hardly covers anything with a huge deductible for cheap or the super expensive insurance that covers everything.

I''m trying to decide whether I want to keep my insurance after or continue shopping around.

Also I''m a big dum-dum because I forgot all about the $50 to $100 range. Sorry about that!
37.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- i couldn''t vote because I''m in that range! I pay $65 per month for myself.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 10:45:32 AM
Author: fiery

Also I''m a big dum-dum because I forgot all about the $50 to $100 range. Sorry about that!
37.gif
Forgiven
28.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s $160/month for our family for medical/dental/vision. Dr. writes off copays etc for employees/spouses/minor kids, so that''s been incredibly helpful.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
E. My husbands coverage is paid for by his company, mine however is *wait for it* $130 per 2 weeks!! So 260 per month Eek! The rediculous part is I have no pre existing conditions, or anything. But, like you Fiery, my Dh''s company only has 2 options. And while I think its still a HUGE rip off, better than its alternative.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before I married DH ... as a freelancer I was topping out at $650 per MONTH ... with no regular RX, no major health problems, hardly ever seeing a doc. All courtesy of being of "child bearing age".
20.gif
When I started paying for my own insurance at about age 30 .. it was about $265 per month -- by now it would be $800+??!!! I''m so grateful DH''s company has good coverage & that he still has his job! The medical costs out there are outrageous.
23.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have asthma, and allergies and all sorts of issues. We''re currently on DH''s plan, which is something like, 200 for both of us for medical only, although we have dental and vision as well, which takes us up to 400 or so- but my boss reimburses us for ME per month, so it''s really like, 250 for medical, vision and dental. We have a small co-pay and all things are covered, which is nice. We pay maybe,$250.00 for the hospital admittance for the birth. No deductible (actually, I think it just changed to the $250.00), but my asthma meds are SO cheap- 40 bucks for three months of something I used to pay $25.00 a month for.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours is $90 for our family and that is under my husband''s parents'' company (who DH still works for once to twice per month). That covers half of brand-name prescription RXs. I''m on a medication that is about $100-110 per month, so we still pay a lot for medical expenses.

If we signed up with my husbands FT employer, it would be $30 for him, but for the four of us, it would be $400!!!

Our dental is $14 per month. We do not have vision coverage.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
We pay close to $500 a month for our family coverage!
7.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
for just DS and i, we are paying close to $600 a month. DH doesn''t get insurance through work since it''s mainly family owned, and i''m a SAHM, so we have to invest in private insurance.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
We pay $968 a month for my husband and myself.
face8.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
We pay $200 per month for DH and myself. Our deductible is $5000 (ouch) so basically our insurance is for major medical things (emergency room, hospital) One of the pitfalls of being self-employed. no vision or dental.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 12:30:05 PM
Author: BizouMom
We pay $968 a month for my husband and myself.
face8.gif
6.gif

sweet pea

Rough_Rock
Mine used to be $140(ish) each month until I needed maternity coverage.
Now it is $430/mo!! AAAHHHHGGGG! That''s one of the downfalls of being self employed I guess. DH works for a family owned company and to be added to his insurance was going to be around $350/mo with a higher deductible and no dental, so I decided to go out on my own.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I pay $330 a month for a PPO plan for the two of us. We don''t really use conventional medicine, so this past weekend when I fractured my elbow is the first time I''ve had to use it for anything other than my yearly lady dr visit. I have no idea how much it will cover, but I do know that we don''t have a copay and I''ve never paid anything out of pocket yet for those routine visits. Still, $330 a month feels like a lot!

lili

Ideal_Rock
We paid $600/month with our company insurance for family of 3.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My company doesn''t offer health insurance, so I had none until I married DH. His is almost completely covered by his company, and of course they deduct the cost of mine from his paycheck. So, total, we''re paying just under $200 per month, and the coverage is pretty nice . . . prescriptions, low co-pays, etc.!
21.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
240 or so a month for a fam of 3. Amelia is under TGuy''s PPO and I have HMO.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
We pay only for the twins and my coverage. It''s around $210 a month. However, my coverage is taxed because we''re not legally married.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just under $400 for a family of 3. It was $500 EXTRA a month to add a maternity rider.
23.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I pay around 40/month for me and I am not sure how much adding DH will be, probably about 80, so 120 for us both. We are lucky and have fantastic insurance, with really low copays, etc.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I pay about $100 for myself and the baby through my employer, and DH pays $30 through his. He also gets free dental, and mine had vision included. I have the HMO, but it was only $250 for my 4 day hospital stay (including c-section and the baby in NICU), so I''m pretty happy with it.

If I had stayed with my last employer I would be paying $400 a month for the 3 of us, and would have been out about 2k for my delivery!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
DH and I pay €110 total per month for private health care.

IMO worth every penny.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
I pay $160 a month to cover my husband and myself.... the coverage also includes out of network expenses, and expanded dental, vision, and hearing. If I dropped all the extras and went with the basic health coverage it would be around $100 a month.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I pay $200/month for me, DH and 2 kids through my company. That includes medical, dental, vision and prescription plan. I definitely need to hold on to this job! When it was just me, it was fully paid by the company.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, some of you ladies have really good insurance.
My premium is after the company subsidized....else it would be about 3x that
23.gif
and that's just medical w/ just vision exam.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results