kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much do you like the time change?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it.
It's bad enough that it is darker when I get off work ... but for it to suddenly get a full ADDITIONAL hour darker really sux! :roll:

They should change the clocks in the OTHER direction! :angryfire:

Better yet, just leave the clocks alone all year!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have small children who do not care what the clock says. So I do not get an extra hour of sleep. I realized today I couldn't remember the last time I drove home in the dark, and i dont think my eyes like night driving.

My dog won't walk in the dark , and he won't do his business if he doesn't get walked, so now its too dark for me to get him out in the by the time I'm out of work.

Im waking up at the same time, so that does give me an hour of time more in the morning, however then my body isn't ready for the hour later lunch and hour later dinner.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of an extra hour of sleep, but I never really feel more rested than before. I do hate how dark it gets in the afternoon.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can never remember if I'm in Daylight Saving Time or Daylight Standard Time or whateverthefvck they call them.

Why not just name them Winter Time and Summer Time?

Reminds me of how apple expects us to remember which fricking cat we have, leopard, lion, jaguar, pussycat, or whatev ...
Just call it the number!
I can remember that OS 9 comes after 8, but how the hail am I supposed to remember which cat or which friggin National Park follows which? :angryfire:

There.
Thanks.
I feel much better now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's called daylight savings time, but when referring to time there is, using eastern as an example, Eastern Daylight time and Eastern standard time

Daylight time is summer, standard time is winter.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1446516864|3944987 said:
It's called daylight savings time, but when referring to time there is, using eastern as an example, Eastern Daylight time and Eastern standard time

Thanks but with me it's in one ear, out the other.
I'm really good at understanding things but worthless at just memorizing something when I see no meaning or reason. :knockout:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's stupid. We're not "gaining" any time, we're just adjusting our clocks an hour, not giving ourselves a sudden 25 hours in a day, so there's no "extra" anything. It's the same amount of day/night we would have regardless what the clocks say. Part of the year the sun isn't up as long, the other part it is. That is something we have no control over, no matter what we set the clocks to-the sun and moon aren't beholden to our timekeeping devices.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want it to go away. I'm pretty tired of it after all these years.
It is very disruptive to everyone.
My cat's feeding schedule is all jacked up. :tongue:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that it's lighter when I get up now, but HATE that it's nearly dark at 5pm.

Honestly, I'd like to just leave well enough alone. Whichever is the standard time (I can never remember, either) let's just stick with that.

Does the rest of the world do this, or is it yet another crazy American idea? I really don't know.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae|1446519433|3945002 said:
I like that it's lighter when I get up now, but HATE that it's nearly dark at 5pm.

Honestly, I'd like to just leave well enough alone. Whichever is the standard time (I can never remember, either) let's just stick with that.

Does the rest of the world do this, or is it yet another crazy American idea? I really don't know.

Not all of the US does, Canada does for the most part, as well as Europe

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1446519903|3945005 said:
KaeKae|1446519433|3945002 said:

Not all of the US does, Canada does for the most part, as well as Europe

Thanks, Niel!
I knew there was some part or parts of the US that doesn't change, but not about Canada or Europe.
I suppose it's good to be crazy together. Right?
;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I give it 5 years.
The Internet will help end this madness.

With the Internet we finally have a voice.

Only 10 votes in but already they range from I hate it to neutral.

screen_shot_2015-11-02_at_7.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it. I don't know anyone who likes it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a night owl, I love it in the summer. Love, love, love having it light until late in the evening. Daylight savings time better corresponds to my natural rhythms than standard time.

The switch TO daylight savings time used to be hard on me, however, until I (and my cat) adjusted. And I when I was working, I didn't much like the 4-block walk to the parking garage after DTS ended, but really, that's a factor of the shorter days and not daylight savings time versus standard time.

I'm realizing that it was working, not the time switches, that was the problem. ;))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up without ever observing it. Never observed it until I was 23? So it was a pretty big adjustment the first few times. Moved back to my home state in 2008 and wouldn't you know Indiana picked that year to start observing it after not having done so in the past. :angryfire:

I don't like it. Life worked just fine without it, and I don't think Indiana (and Arizona?) were ruining it for everyone else by not helping conserve that alleged 1% of energy. :rolleyes:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it.

I am a hermit and love that it gets dark out earlier.

I also love that I can stop worrying about sunscreen earlier.

And for extra enjoyment I make sure to not change some clocks so that for at least a few days I can get joy out of looking at the clock thinking it's a certain hour and then realizing I have an hour more.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I have always hated it, and never really understood the purpose. We recently moved to Washington, where it is still dark at nearly 8am in December. Without the time change, it would be dark at 9am. So I sort of don't hate it as much.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it so much that I considered just leaving myself on summer time, with two watches so I won't be late for stuff.

Agree about the fricking Apple cats and about whether we're on Saving Time or spending time or whatever the hell they call it. Pet hate: Stupid names for stuff that do nothing but complicate everything.

Bahhhhhhh fvcking humbug.

Q

Queenie60

Just leave it alone!! Can't stand manipulating the time. Ugh!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Being that I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, our clocks go forward for extra daylight. Which is fine with me as it means more time on the dusk fishing session :D

Although I have to be up insanely early some mornings for work and going to bed early can be hard as we can have daylight until 10pm during the summer

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1446530951|3945040 said:
Being that I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, our clocks go forward for extra daylight. Which is fine with me as it means more time on the dusk fishing session :D

Although I have to be up insanely early some mornings for work and going to bed early can be hard as we can have daylight until 10pm during the summer
I live in an area just east of a time zone meridian and it stays dark until 10 a few times as well. That used to be fun when I was younger and wanted to be out all summer long. Now it's whatever lol.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it! I am a morning person but do not need daylight at 6:00 a.m. - would much rather have the light hour in the evening. By 7:30 p.m. I feel like I should be going to bed given that it has been dark for a couple of hours. I wish they would leave us in Daylight Savings Time forever!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate this time change and I much prefer the extra hour of daylight in the late afternoon/evening we get in Daylight Savings Time. I much prefer having daylight savings time to standard time and I already feel the sadness I start feeling when it is dark so early in the evening now.

I hate that the day feels as if it is over to me by 6PM then 5PM then 4PM when it is pitch dark out. I don't mind if it is dark when I wake up because it is always dark when I wake up usually anyway with or without DST.

The only good thing about the time change now is I am an hour closer in time to a friend who lives in Arizona because they don't observe it and did not move their clocks back an hour this weekend. But that's the *only* good thing I can think of re this time change.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1446523795|3945019 said:
I love it.

Love it for the same reason.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1446553230|3945069 said:
CJ2008|1446523795|3945019 said:
I love it.

Love it for the same reason.

Haha my mom loves the switch to daylight standard time too but not that she is a hermit cause she is very social but loves that it gets dark out earlier so she can go to sleep earlier. LOL I don't need any such excuse. I go to sleep when I want to usually. Social norms be damned. :cheeky:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1446517477|3944994 said:
I think it's stupid. We're not "gaining" any time, we're just adjusting our clocks an hour, not giving ourselves a sudden 25 hours in a day, so there's no "extra" anything. It's the same amount of day/night we would have regardless what the clocks say. Part of the year the sun isn't up as long, the other part it is. That is something we have no control over, no matter what we set the clocks to-the sun and moon aren't beholden to our timekeeping devices.

This! If I want to go out when it is lighter or darker, I will adjust my schedule accordingly. This way, it does not interfere with my internal body clock.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking today I think everyone has it revered.

Kenny and those who hate it dark so early, this is the "standard" time. If we had no daylight savings, you would not have that part of the year where its lighter later.

Those who like it dark early should hate daylight savings, because it would be dark earlier always without it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's pointless, but that's all I really feel about it lol. I think it was originally for farmers or something, but it just doesn't seem practical anymore.

I did get an extra hour of Halloween party in over the weekend, so that was nice!

But I am on the side of daylight later in the evening. Up here, we are probably similar to Jordyon with our wonky times. In the summer we have full daylight until 10pm, and sometimes it's still light out around 11 during the sunset. In the winter, the sun rises around 9, sets at 4-5. So, dark when I leave for work, dark when I come home!

But really, just pick one and leave it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results