shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do custom jewelry people charge to make a Tiffany style?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I know art is relative, but if a Jewlery maker who taught at one of the top schools in the country were hired to make a 6 prong Tiffany out of 18K yellow gold with a Platinum head, how much would some of them charge? $400? $1000? $2000? $4000?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
You've posted some good stuff here before, but how could anyone answer that question? :))

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I figure someone would say "I had one made for me... this person did it... I love it, and they charged $XXXX."

geo10000

Rough_Rock
Tough question. On average in the Atlanta area it would run you around $400.00 for a nice weight shank and platinum head with assembled components. One that is completely made by hand would run around $850.00. Hope this helps

George

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
After talking to a number of busissman type jewelers, I decided to go with more of an artist type jewelry maker. He won some award for making this http://www.agta.org/consumer/images/spectrum/2002phbridalyaroslavshukel.jpg. Not what I got, but I was happy with seeing his work and the price. It will be a custom 18K band with a factory made Platinum head of a shape which I like very much -- more than the ones I saw at other places, even if the prongs are coming from a catalog. He will carve a wax prototype for me to see, then vacume cast the ring. I did not like how most Tiffany styles break the gold ring at the top and have the Platinum head sunk down, so he is going to have the ring be continuous and sink the head into the wax to have a nice continuous yellow gold look. If I was doing 100% Platinum the standard Tiffany would have been fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results