shape
carat
color
clarity

How much did you spend today?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far (it''s only 8:28 am):
$1.50 on a New York Times and a Philadelphia Inquirer
$1.25 on a bagel and a half pint of milk

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Nothing today, but it''s early.

Yesterday:

$12 lunch for 3
$63 paint for the bedroom
$5 treats for the kids
$20 pizza

Does paying bills count?

Yesterday is not typical....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My youngest was home sick so it was a low key day.

Normally I am BAD, so it is nice to have a quiet day!

My credit card numbers got stolen and I had to cancel my cards. Hubby said the person who stole them could not possibly spend like I do, so maybe I should not report it, a win win, I would have no cards at all and hopefully the thief is not a shopaholic...

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh! Love this topic!

Hmmm Yesterday I spent:

2.00 - bus to work

2.25 - three cans of diet mountain dew

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Im Back! long time out.

Coreyj

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you Iceman. I miss your posts and have wondered why you were never on Pricescope these days.
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh good question!
I have been so good today-spent absolutely nothing! Was at the farm in college today and they pay for us to get the coach out and I brought in my own lunch. I walked into work afterwards and then D collected me afterwards. Not too bad at all.

Wednesdays are my treat day so D and I go to our favourite cafe and get a lovely focaccia bread sandwich which costs 5.85 euro. I cant wait until the summer to have a bit of money for things!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
today

$5.86 for breakfast
$10. at the pharmacy
$53.00 for vehicle maintenance- oil change/tire rotation
14.gif

$18 at the Liquor Store
$5.50 at Starbucks- but on a gift card
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday:

3.95 for breakfast.
12.00 at Safeway
40 dollars at Costco (4 dinners worth of Pork Tenderloin, rubber gloves, and a magazine-- which I almost never buy, but did yesterday).

Today:

Lunch with FI at El Pollo Loco (YUM!) $16.00.
Nails : $25
Gas: $40
Cat food: $20

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
$0.00 for me again today...Still a bit under the weather.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
$0.00 again today. But I should have spent about $40 on gas. That will have to happen tomorrow...or I''ll be stuck somewhere!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 9:30:38 PM
Author: KimberlyH
$0.00 again today. But I should have spent about $40 on gas. That will have to happen tomorrow...or I''ll be stuck somewhere!

ME tooo!! $0.00 so far... but i am on E..... so i will prob
20.gif
go get some gas tonight or i won''t get to work?
25.gif

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
$250 at the vet''s

My baby cat was getting spayed....animals are expensive..but I couldn''t live without them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2.50 for lunch at school and didn''t go anywhere else today!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today, mine was:

$5ish at the post office
$18 at the Grocery store
$20 gas station

Tomorrow, I may hit the Nordstrom Cosmetic Department, so hopefully I have something more fun to list
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today was my hair day, single process and haircut was $130, including tips.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
$0 today! That feels good to say!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
0 today. I am doing this crazy thing where you try not to buy anything new (other than true necessities) for 1 year. Dining out is not a necessitiy Argh!
7.gif
I committed to 6 months for myself and the house. I cut down on the kids stuff, and my husband is not a spender. This is rough considering I used to be a major shopper. I am planning on treating myself to some bling with the $ I''ve saved. I am surprised about the things I miss and the things that I don''t.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The TJ bug bit me about 3:30 this afternoon...I stopped by and grabbed a few fun bottles of wine to add to our stock, plus some salad mix, hummus, and frozen tiramisu (we''ll see how it is, I''ll let you know on the TJ fave thread) to go with my semi-homemade veggie lasagna tonight...all told about $42, and that INCLUDED 4 bottles of wine, lol!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
This is a very interesting topic! So far it has been $0 yesterday and today (still early in the day)..

For a while i tried to follow this ''spending'' scheme and it actually worked really well and wondering if i should go back to doing that. What I would do is every month after paying off all my expenses, take the remainder ''spending'' money and save part of it and the other part I would divide equally by day over the remaining days I have till my next paycheck . So for instance I would allocate $15 everyday for spending. If i was a good girl and didn''t use it today, then it goes into tomorrow''s pile so I have $30 spending for day 2 and so forth. Now if I over spent on the day for instance $20 then the next day I would have $10 instead of $15. By doing that I eliminated the need of going to the ATM and withdrawing ''extra'' money that i really don''t need but will spend if it was in my wallet and i was able to learn self-control where i really did NOT need to shop for something everyday :) I saved soooo much money this way and i never felt that i was in any kind of rut coz i hardly went out during the week so over the weekend i had a nice little ''pile'' of cash that was saved from the days i didnt spend
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results