• $200-800

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • $3000-$5000

• $10000 plus baby!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
how much did you spend on your dress? (or plan to)?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It will cost me 325$ + 35$ shipping through netbride.com. The slip is 52$, the veil will cost me about 10$ to make, I already have my shoes from my prom and I''ll try to borrow my jewellery (pearls), so the entire attire will add up to 422$, give or take a few bucks... It will be a gift from my grandmother.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was on sale for less than 600, about 400 more than I wanted to spend.. but it was the only one that fit, and I really love it! Shoes I ordered for approx 40, borrow wedding jewelry, and veil will be made!
4.gif

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
looks like we''re a bunch of bargain brides so far...

my mom made my dress... a sleeveless, v-neck, slim a line gown with a short train made of alcenon lace that she individually sewed >2000 pearls on! the material cost right around $200. my shoes were $22 on clearance from dsw and my earrings were $25. i didn''t wear a veil or other jewlery.

now, if i hadn''t been lucky enough to have an amazingly talented mom then my answer to the poll would have been much different. a couple of my favorite recent gowns are maggie sotero''s ophelia (tybee''s dress) and melissa sweet''s nicollete (emphemery''s dress). i would have seriously splurged for one of these.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with novia! My mom will be making my dress and veil, I'm sure it will cost under $800 total. She's a brilliant seamstress--made ALL my halloween costumes, including a fantastic Jeannie (as in "I Dream Of")! I'm excited. It's going to be patterned after the top half of Claire Pettibone's "Juliette" and the bottom half of Watters' 9040B. I can't WAIT!
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My dress was $777 (seriously!) plus tax and shipping, so I voted in the $800 plus category for just the dress. The accessories would bump me up though. My veil was $525 (I can''t believe it either), my hair comb was $400-ish. Don''t have shoes or alterations costs yet and I''ll need a custom bra because I''ve got too long a torso to buy a long-line off the rack. And I''ll probably need a little extra crinoline underneath. Plus the jewelry which is custom and about $500, but that''s a gift from my parents... not part of the wedding budget. My mom says I still spent less than she was expecting. Guess it helps that my sister bought a $3k dress 16 years ago.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dress - $50
Flip flops - $14.99
Shoes to wear at reception (which didn''t stay on very long) - $50
earrings - $30

So my entire enchilada which includes two pairs of shoes was $150.
36.gif

SCAN0014a.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
$350, David''s Bridal dress.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gown was $130 and the shoes were $60. I made my own pearl jewelry and it added up to about $20. My mom is making me a lace veil for about $20.

However.....................I''m thinking about changing the entire gown!!!!! The guest list is getting bigger and bigger, the guys say they want to wear tuxes instead of suits as originally planned.......and I''m thinking about switching to a more formal gown that would be more appropriate.

More to come with this saga, I''m trying on gowns this weekend. I will still go with the same shoes and jewelry, but the veil might have to change depending on what I pick out. New budget for the gown is $400.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Dress about $270 including tax (got lucky w/a $50 off sale at David''s). Veil is free b/c it was my mom''s. Don''t know yet how much undergarments will cost and I''m hoping for rather inexpensive shoes since I probably won''t wear them ever again. I''ll probably wear jewelry that I have but who knows.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Well, the first dress I bought (I know I''m bad
15.gif
) was $500 on clearance at Demetrios. Then I changed my mind and got a completely different dress. Tried it on in a store and then bought it on ebay (brand new not a sample) for $500. I eventually sold the first gown for $300, so technically I spent $700 on the dress. I just bought my shoes for $20 at kohl''s, my hoop skirt I got for about $20 on ebay, my jewelry was about $16 (not including the diamond tennis bracelet I''m borrowing from my mom), my veil was $20 on ebay (I love ebay!) and my long line bra was about $50 at a specialty store here. I had a really hard time finding a bra that fit properly and wasn''t going to show through the original dress, so when I found it, I didn''t care how much it cost.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I spent $940+ tax on my Maggie S Grace Kelly.
(That just arrived at the shop today!!!)

My shoes- I''m a 2pair bride right now- one pair $29 from Target, one pair $29 from Kohls.

no slip, no nylons,

and sewn in cups instead of a bra.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, my dress is the most expensive so far, it was 1200, alterations aren''t included, my veil was free, a gift from my cousin. My tiara was 65, jewelry was 84 dollars, with a free bracelet, also from my cousin! No shoes yet, might not need a crinoline- don''t like too much pouf. I''ve got a strapless bra that is awesome- very supportive of my large chest! I honestly am not even going to add that up- I''m afraid!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Well.. My first dress was $1200 and looked horrible, but luckily the shop has sold it to someone else for the same price - YAY!! - Anyway, the dress I am actually going to wear was about $250 from David''s and I don''t have any accessories yet

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well, mine was $345, but with alterations of $226, my total with tax was nearly $600.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent about $2000.00 but that was over 16 years ago...

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
$3600, Melissa Sweet Lia

Whose got the $10,000+ dress? Let''s see it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d budgeted about $1000 for my dress and found one off-the-rack that was $1500, at 60% off - WOO HOO! So it was $595, and alterations will be $200, so just under $800 for the dress. The jewellery is all my own, veil $10 off eBay with $12 worth of Swarovski crystals, shoes were $95, a gift from mum and dad. I''m using mum''s wedding garter, so that was free, and a underwear I already have, so total comes to $920. I voted $200-$800 for just the dress.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I paid 1100 for my Rivini Sample. But it's um. Mythirdgown. Overall... I've spent quite a bit more than I'd rather admit to spending. (I'm not the 10 K bride though).

Shoes were 40. But I might be getting a diferent pair. I am hoping to wear borrowed jewelry from my grandmother (she has a nice collection).

And the veil I want wil be around $75. Undergarments are going to be expensive... over 200 proabably.

I too, would like to know who the 10k gown belongs to.

My rivini will need about 200 in alterations.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
you girls did great at keeping the costs so reasonable! i paid close to $2000 for a sample, it will require another $500 of alterations/cleaning. It was my big splurge, and was early in the wedding planning stage. Not so sure I would''ve done it today!

And I want to see the $10K dresses too!!!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
My dress was close to $3,000 - but it''s by Vera Wang and absolutely stunning.

I am certainly not the $10,000 dress bride, but I did try on some of Vera Wang''s Luxe Collection dresses which were $10,000 and up. They were drop dead gorgeous AND there were a couple of brides at the salon who were buying those dress - I know this because they were taking pictures and you''re only allowed to take pictures of your dress if you buy it.

I also tried on some $10,000+ Kenneth Pool/Amsale dresses which had beading and crystals that were just out of this world!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I paid $2K for my Rivini sample (worth EVERY single penny) I just loooooove it!

with tax, alterations (including the buttons that I had added at $50/dozen - which I was told I would need 4 Dozen.. yes 4 DOZEN...
20.gif
), veil, hair jewelry (i bought a tiara/headband, but ended up buying a hair pin to use instead), shoes... I''m probably in the $2700-$3K range.. ughhh..

This wedding is a monster... LOL

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
4000 CND, Melissa Sweet Dora (ouch, it hurts just typing it, but it was the only dress i felt remotely excited about--haha, i am always trying to justify it)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The dress was about $600, alterations were another $600, I included the whole cost in my answer to the poll.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Dress, $900+ (Watters)
Alterations, $60 (thankfully it fit almost perfectly!)
So $1K-ish total for dress.

Accessories:

Shoes, $50 I think
Veil, $30 (eBay)
Handmade jewelry, $120 for necklace and earrings

All in all, not too too bad. More than I wanted to spend on a dress, but at least my alterations were minimal.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
$3800, Justina McCaffrey''s Alexia II. I love it!

broadway

Rough_Rock
Haven''t actually bought the dress yet. But it''s for sure David''s Bridal T8818 - the very first dress I tried on. On a whim, by myself one afternoon.

I DID get my shoes last night and I AM IN LOVE!!!! I stumbled across them at Last Call Neiman Marcus. Gorgeous beaded Vera Wangs. Regular price $675 - more than my dress. I got them for ..... $91 - including tax!! I am in love with them. I put them on top of our tv so I can look at them from almost anywhere in our apartment. I''m attaching a picture - they are beautiful!

NMX6245_mn.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
My dress (with the incredible sash) is $2200 total. Amy Kuschel''s "Maribelle" with the applique beaded sash.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Well, I was a 4 dress bride (I know, horrible!). I paid $100 on ebay for an over the top beaded to dealth David''s dress, and used the crinoline that came with it, which has now been pased on to other brides. The second dress was a beautiful Demetrios I got at a thrift store for $90, but some how it made me look like my legs were too short? The third dress was also ebay, organza and lace for $80 (proceeds when to a woman''s charity, so it made me feel good buying it). Then hubby says he doesn''t like anything other than satin... SO, I went shopping and got a Mori Lee sample for $371, with dry cleaning, home-made veil, and bustling it was $500. I then traded in the first 2 dresses at a hair salon/bridal salon. They did 4 hair do''s, my nails, toes and make-up in trade for the 2 dresses, so I think I made out fine
1.gif
. The third dress i sold on ebay a few months back (5 years after the wedding) for $40.

After all that, I don''t really know how much it cost me in the end!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results