shape
carat
color
clarity

How much cash do you usually carry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Usually anywhere from $10 to $50 for work. If I have to buy something, I just use my debit cards.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Maybe $60 - 130

By the way...not sure if others here are suspicious...but it is at least possible that Kenny and Dancing Fire are the same person!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I usually have about $150-$200 on me. I keep $100 in a separate part of my wallet in case I need it and the other money in my cles with my ID and debit card.

Yeah usually less than $20. I don''t like to carry it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, right now I think I could buy somebody a can of pop w/what I have in my wallet. Saaaaaad.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 10:21:43 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 1/6/2010 8:37:39 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
$300-$500...i feel naked w/o cash in my pocket.
I think carrying that much cash must be a ''guy thing.'' My dad always has a roll of cash in his pocket that he just rubber bands. He''s done it for years and years, it is something his dad and his grandfather did as well I believe. The bad thing about it is that it''s mostly hundreds with a few of each other denomination on the outsides. My mom and my brother and I are always telling him it''s not very safe to carry all that cash but he insists on it for whatever reason.
20.gif
I really don''t understand the logic behind it, I mean, his daily expenses consist of lunch and Starbucks. That''s like, $10 a day.
My dad is the exact same way! He always has about $300-$600 in his wallet, all in hundred dollar bills too. When I started to drive he made sure I had at least $100 on me at all times. I''m such a cash person because of him! I rarely use my debit card unless I''m buying something thats more than $500, I don''t feel comfortable carrying around that much cash.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 11:00:18 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Maybe $60 - 130

By the way...not sure if others here are suspicious...but it is at least possible that Kenny and Dancing Fire are the same person!
don''t think so.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think carrying that much cash must be a ''guy thing.'' My dad always has a roll of cash in his pocket that he just rubber bands. He''s done it for years and years, it is something his dad and his grandfather did as well I believe. The bad thing about it is that it''s mostly hundreds with a few of each other denomination on the outsides. My mom and my brother and I are always telling him it''s not very safe to carry all that cash but he insists on it for whatever reason.
20.gif
I really don''t understand the logic behind it, I mean, his daily expenses consist of lunch and Starbucks. That''s like, $10 a day.
more of an "Asian thing"
2.gif
i have this friend whom carries $10k-$15K cash.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 11:39:10 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

20.gif
My dad is the exact same way! He always has about $300-$600 in his wallet, all in hundred dollar bills too. When I started to drive he made sure I had at least $100 on me at all times. I''m such a cash person because of him! I rarely use my debit card unless I''m buying something thats more than $500, I don''t feel comfortable carrying around that much cash.

My father is like this, as well. We joke that he looks like a drug dealer. He gets the strangest look from people when he thumbs through his wad of bills... Fortunately I don''t think theft or mugging are much of a risk in suburban Ohio.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry exactly 7 dollars.

-A

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I typically take out several hundred dollars from the bank for routine expenses for a week (or so). What I am not going to immediately spend ends up in a lock box at home (I live 1/2 block from my bank).

On an average day I have between $10 and $50 in my wallet. If I''m going to purchase something - I may have considerably more as I tend to pay in cash for most items.

Perry

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I like to keep arouind $50, but then I HATE to spend it and generally end up using the card.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 1:05:02 PM
Author: kenny
What if you drive by a garage sale and find some cool thing you must have?
LOL. I picked up the greatest rocking chair this way. I was called into the Jr. High for an issue with my son. I was driving away and still annoyed at the school counselor at how she handled the situation and I saw a garage sale. Middle of a school day. I stopped and found an amazing hand carved rocking chair for $20. I asked if they could come down thinking it would be a no, and she said "sure, how about $10. And she had great never worn tshirts too because she use to own a boutique in town that closed due the economy and I picked up 2 for $5 each. Luckily I had a $20 in my wallet :)

I try and keep at least $20 but am not comfortable with more than $100. Plus I keep an emergency $20 tucked into my purse.

I take out $100 cash at a time and it lasts me a few weeks because I rarely pay cash anymore. I charge everything and pay in full at the end of the month. Easier to track expenses plus I get cash back on my credit card.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 11:49:24 PM

20.gif
more of an ''Asian thing''
2.gif
Hope your friend has a bodyguard! I guess it''s not much different than women wearing expensive jewelry, but still...jewelry can be insured, cash cannot!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 12:37:23 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

Date: 1/6/2010 11:39:10 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

20.gif

My father is like this, as well. We joke that he looks like a drug dealer. He gets the strangest look from people when he thumbs through his wad of bills... Fortunately I don''t think theft or mugging are much of a risk in suburban Ohio.
PnPM, theft and mugging aren''t that much of a risk here either, but then again we have all sorts of meth labs and drug-related crimes so you never know.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 12:37:23 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

That''s what my dad thought as he was held up at shotgun point while he was sitting in a Pizza Hut in Wichita, KS. They held up the whole restaurant
32.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 8:51:02 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 1/6/2010 4:43:37 PM

Date: 1/6/2010 2:49:26 PM
Author: vip0802
i always have cash on me, and it can range from as little as a few dollars to $100+. then again, i work at a sports bar so it''s a given that i''ll leave work with cash. i''ll use it for groceries, gas and little odds and ends, and then i''ll deposit most of it in our account. whatever coins i get from change, i dump into our 5-gallon water jug ''piggy bank'' at the end of the day. every 6-months or so, we''ll take it to Coin Star and whatever cash we got out of it goes into our savings.

i also carry my check card and credit card too, but i recently paid off all my credit cards so, the one i carry is for emergency uses.
Gah!
29.gif
Saving change is awesome, but those Coin Star things are such a rip-off! Don''t they charge like 9% of what you put in? I used one once a few years ago when I didn''t realize how high the charge was and will never do it again. $100 worth of change and I have to give them almost one roll of quarters for the convenience? No thanks!
I never understood why anyone uses those coin counting machines. Why not just take your change to the bank? That''s what we do. They''re always very nice about counting it, and they never ask if I bank there or anything. I just changed out over $130 in change for cash the other day.
My bank won''t take more than 10 rolls (or something small) at a time, so if you wanted to deposit rolls, you''d have to make multiple trips for $130. I can''t imagine they''d be pleased about dumping all that change. But Coinstar is a rip off.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
At present I have... uh... 56 cents. WIN.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding banks and coins -- my usual branch will only take rolled coins. I do not believe they have a maximum, though the banks in the grocery stores do, I assume because they are smaller.
33.gif

When I was last at my branch (months ago because I usually never go inside), I asked about bringing in A LOT of loose change. They told me that they do not have the coin counting machine at that location, but another branch does have the machine. So, if your bank only allows rolled coins, you should ask if any of the other branches have the counting machine.

I too would never use the machines in the grocery store, but of course, I do see people using them all the time.

Oh, and to answer the question, about $20, give or take a few, along with my favorite Travelocity Master Card.
30.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I probably have on average €20. I rarely carry much cash, everything goes on the debit card! I just spend cash so quickly...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 3:04:26 AM
Author: Arcadian
I carry exactly 7 dollars.

-A

You can''t leave a post like this. Please, WHY??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Dh wants me to add. He carries 120 Jamaican dollars every day. (from our honeymoon) I think that equals approx $1.50.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Right now I have $7. That''s more than I usually carry unless I am getting my hair done and paying a tip in cash
3.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I used to use debit cards for most of my purchases, but I''m crazy about balancing my checkbook and it was such a headache. Now I withdraw about 2-weeks'' worth of cash at a time, and it''s SO MUCH easier for me. I''ve definitely been converted to a cash-carrier. Spending has never been a problem for me, I''m equally cheap with my cash as I am with my card.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Whatever I need for the tolls for work that week, which is $10, and that''s kept in my car. I almost never carry cash, and on the rare occasions I do, it''s maybe $2 or $3.

April20

Ideal_Rock
If I''m lucky, a few bucks. I had to get the people I was traveling with pay the parking garages twice this week because I didn''t have $2 and then $1.50 in cash!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 1:12:18 PM
Author: Mara
i never carry cash. i am lucky to have $5 or $10 with me actually.

i use my cc for everything and pay it off every month. the miles are how we flew first class to Spain.

the only places i ever NEED cash is bubble tea houses, damn them! haha.
We do the exact same thing with our air miles credit card. We''ve got about 140K miles on it. We haven''t redeemed them yet, but I''m plotting and planning!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 11:34:08 AM

Date: 1/6/2010 11:49:24 PM

20.gif
more of an ''Asian thing''
2.gif
Hope your friend has a bodyguard! I guess it''s not much different than women wearing expensive jewelry, but still...jewelry can be insured, cash cannot!
only our group of friends knew he carries that kind of cash in his pocket,but none of us could figure out why
33.gif
after all these years.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 6:06:00 PM
Author: April20
If I''m lucky, a few bucks. I had to get the people I was traveling with pay the parking garages twice this week because I didn''t have $2 and then $1.50 in cash!!
April...remind me not to rob you.
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 6:42:31 PM

Date: 1/7/2010 6:06:00 PM
Author: April20
April...remind me not to rob you.
9.gif
I know, pathetic, right? I couldn''t even find a quarter in my ash tray today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results