shape
carat
color
clarity

how much can i sell a .25ct for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biggs

Rough_Rock
its a round cut .25ct clarity F and SI1
THANK U

biggs

Rough_Rock
sorry, its ofcourse colour F and clarity SI1

biggs

Rough_Rock
thank u leonid, i was wondering if i should have an jewelry store to apraise the diamond and give me a certificate on the stone.

biggs

Rough_Rock
i have been offered 100-150 dollar for it,i thinki thats a little low,what do u think.
thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Biggs,As you probably already found out, similar GIA certified diamonds are listed in the web for $320-$400. GIA report alone can cost $100.Perhaps you could get a better price if you'd find a buyer or try to sell it on consignment.Have you thought about eBay?

biggs

Rough_Rock
whats ebay?
well i dont expect to get the same price in the list you showed me, also my stones has no certificate,i was expecting about half the price.
thanks leonid

biggs

Rough_Rock
thanx to both leonid and oldminer,now i know what the price is,can u also tell me what i can expect for a .10ct and a 0.02ct they have the same quality as the .25ct stone.
i must also tell u that the stones are in 2 necleses,does that have an efect on the price i can get,i have 12x.25ct and 14x.10ct and 300x0.02ct the stones may even be a little bigger because i think the gold are hiding some of the stones. sorry if im talking shit, but i dont know much about diamonds.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Biggs:If you can get $150 for the diamond without a lot of fuss, get it and be finished. All the extra money you MIGHT get is going to take more effort and time than you will save by getting over with it...Unless your time is really of no value to you, or if this is a test of ability to maximize the sales price at all costs. ------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Biggs,I'd love to help but I haven't any experience/knowledge in selling diamonds myself...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would doubt the accuracy of the grading, but a .10ct diamond would be about $25 and the .02, figuring it is a single cut is about $2 or if full cut app $4. These are liquid, buying prices from a dealer for immediate payment. NOT RETAIL, NOT WHOLESALE.This is crazy to give this kind of 'advice" which is not advice at all, but just some general idea based on your grading specs...It is so likely to be wrong I nearly edited it away, but it could be helpful for you to know. I just want you to realize the unliklihood of it being correct.------------------
David Atlas

biggs

Rough_Rock
hi oldminer, are the prices u name the price i can get?why is it unlikely they have those grades? if they are little lower than i wrote
how much can i get then?
hope u will respond again, i will thankfull.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am giving you the prices I believe dealers will be willing to pay you should the quality of the diamonds be somewhat close to the quality you believe they are.Usually there is are problems:
Many times diamonds are misgraded.
Many times dealers hesitate to offer fair prices.
Dealers where you are may be different than where I live.The best education in this case is to simply go out and get some real offers from real dealers...I hope you will enjoy the struggle.------------------
David Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results