shape
carat
color
clarity

how much are invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
They can range from practically nothing to in the thousands. It really all depends on how many you need, what kind you get, and if you DIY or have someone else print them.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i would need about 100 and want to get them to be traditional and done professionally..

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
The online places I''m looking at are around a $100 for a 100. I think. It sounds about right to me anyway.
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 6:39:04 PM
Author: IndieJones
The online places I''m looking at are around a $100 for a 100. I think. It sounds about right to me anyway.
2.gif
Wow $1 for each invitation. What''s a steal.

The price of invitations really depends on the type/style of invitation and printing cost. It''s a big range like Ebree said.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
JG-
it''s based on a couple different things-
1- type of printing- letterpress, engraving, thermography are all different types of printing
2- type of paper (quality- weight, cotton content, etc)
3- elements of the invite- size, shape, reception card, type of response card (postcard or traditional)- if it''s in a pocket-fold/envelopment, if there is an inner and outer envelope, if the envelope is lined, map/direction insert

I had engraved invites from Reave''s Engraving w/ inner & outer envelopes and the inner envelopes were lined, also I had the traditional reception card and response card.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks all. so for high end invitations--are we saying $5 per invite, or more like $10? It seems v. high but i guess no surprise there! thanks again...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t find the breakdown of my invites- I know that the total cost was like $850- but that included our social stationery. I got the whole Mrs. his first name, his last name notes, notes w/ my new married monogram and he got notes w/ his monogram on it. I would need to see the receipt to let you know how much each element costs...

Their website- http://www.reavesengraving.com/ does have price listings...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, i''d say highend is more like $8- $10 and up.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 11:22:46 AM
Author: jcrow
*Choke* What end does that make me, Jcrow?!
2.gif

I am embarassed to say that I will have spent more than this...much more. But that is certainly not the norm, and I don''t recommend it. If I could do it over again, I would do things very differently.

I think that if you want thermography rather than engraving or letterpress, you could probably get the whole shebang for under $400.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 11:19:02 AM
Author: dtnyc
I can''t find the breakdown of my invites- I know that the total cost was like $850- but that included our social stationery. I got the whole Mrs. his first name, his last name notes, notes w/ my new married monogram and he got notes w/ his monogram on it. I would need to see the receipt to let you know how much each element costs...

I just ordered my invitations from Reaves yesterday, and it came out to $675. They''re engraved, and the price includes:

100 Invitations ($168.25)
Engraved return address on envelope flap ($46.25)
100 Response cards, including engraved address on response card envelope ($144.50)
3 extra lines of copy on response cards (3 x $4.75)
100 2-sided map/direction/accomodation enclosures ($69.75)
Navy ink (there''s a surcharge for this) (3 items x $16.50 per item)
200 engraved monogram notes ($154.75)
Shipping and handling ($18.50)

We went ahead and ordered 100 of everything, despite only needing about 65, because it was bizarrely cheaper than buying extra envelopes in case we messed up addressing them.

If you want engraved/letter pressed invitations but don''t want to spend so much, cutting back on enclosures and the extras would help -- they add up FAST.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 6:56:21 PM
Author: Blenheim
Date: 1/30/2007 11:19:02 AM

Author: dtnyc

I just ordered my invitations from Reaves yesterday, and it came out to $675. They''re engraved, and the price includes:

100 Invitations ($168.25)

Engraved return address on envelope flap ($46.25)

100 Response cards, including engraved address on response card envelope ($144.50)

3 extra lines of copy on response cards (3 x $4.75)

100 2-sided map/direction/accomodation enclosures ($69.75)

Navy ink (there''s a surcharge for this) (3 items x $16.50 per item)

200 engraved monogram notes ($154.75)

Shipping and handling ($18.50)

We went ahead and ordered 100 of everything, despite only needing about 65, because it was bizarrely cheaper than buying extra envelopes in case we messed up addressing them.

If you want engraved/letter pressed invitations but don''t want to spend so much, cutting back on enclosures and the extras would help -- they add up FAST.

I know it sounds like my invites were a LOT, but I think we have a lifetime supply of stationery. Also we had 2 "custom" monograms embossed (engraved w/o ink) so there was a fee for that. I found Reaves v. easy to work w/ and was so pleased w/ the invites.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Dtnyc, you don''t have to defend the cost! You just mentioned that you weren''t sure of the breakdown, and since I had the order form sitting right next to my computer (as I faxed it in yesterday), I decided to go ahead and post my breakdown. The cost comments were more directed towards other people, like Janine, who might be encountering a little bit of sticker shock.

I am SO happy with Reaves so far. I''ve pestered them with questions about five times so far, and they''ve been so gracious and nice to work with. And they sent me proofs a mere 24.5 hours after I sent in my order.

I know it seems like a lot of money to go ahead and buy all of the social stationary, but I think it''s so worth it if you''re one to write letters. I routinely go to stationary stores and buy things that are about $2-3 apiece, and the monogram notes come out to less than a dollar each.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 6:36:46 PM
Author: fatafelice
Date: 1/30/2007 11:22:46 AM
Author: jcrow
*Choke* What end does that make me, Jcrow?!
2.gif

I am embarassed to say that I will have spent more than this...much more. But that is certainly not the norm, and I don''t recommend it. If I could do it over again, I would do things very differently.

I think that if you want thermography rather than engraving or letterpress, you could probably get the whole shebang for under $400.

mine were too, and i agree, i know it''s not the norm. however, i wouldn''t change a thing
9.gif

but then again that''s my passion.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 8:07:06 PM
Author: Blenheim
Dtnyc, you don''t have to defend the cost! You just mentioned that you weren''t sure of the breakdown, and since I had the order form sitting right next to my computer (as I faxed it in yesterday), I decided to go ahead and post my breakdown. The cost comments were more directed towards other people, like Janine, who might be encountering a little bit of sticker shock.

I am SO happy with Reaves so far. I''ve pestered them with questions about five times so far, and they''ve been so gracious and nice to work with. And they sent me proofs a mere 24.5 hours after I sent in my order.

I know it seems like a lot of money to go ahead and buy all of the social stationary, but I think it''s so worth it if you''re one to write letters. I routinely go to stationary stores and buy things that are about $2-3 apiece, and the monogram notes come out to less than a dollar each.

I figured the stationery would be good for all of the thank-you notes (that''s why we got some for the husband as well- he he!

I was SO happy w/ them as well- I really went back and forth w/ them a lot as I chose a "new" style, so the available paper grades and envelope options (inner/outer/lined.) I really loved the sales rep that I worked with- she also had the typesetters make me some PDF''s of our joint monogram so I could have an embosser made by wilshire graphic press and give it to our cake person, so it could be used post-ceremony.

I wasn''t trying to defend- but just explain that at more than 800 for 125 invites- it seems like they were a lot per piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results