shape
carat
color
clarity

How many upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2006 1:57:16 PM
Author: kaleigh
So as not to incriminate myself I plead the 5th.
31.gif

Ha! Ditto

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 10:10:30 PM
Author: sevens one
Date: 1/22/2006 1:57:16 PM

So as not to incriminate myself I plead the 5th.
31.gif

Ha! Ditto

naaaaaaaaah! no fair youz..fess up!
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To add to Lynn B's tag line.... That's our story and we're sticking to it, like glue, haha.
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
oh come on, it can't be *that* many times...
can it?
32.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys!

I have absolutely loved reading your confessions!

I will tell you my number of upgrades, but don''t gasp, as I am on my second marriage.

Started with a small ''chip diamond solitaire'' in 1983. 5-years later, when we had some money, i bought a .25ct solitaire. Sadly the marriage ended. (perhaps he started to get the idea that i was going to be high maintanence)

I remairred (1992) and had a 1ct yellow gold ''daisy'' cluster ring, with 6 side stones. Then (5-years later) bought a platinum solitaire .82ct with baguettes from Shenoa & Co. (big mistake, but that''s another story)

Finally bought my latest upgrade from Jared in Ohio. (1.15 Leo diamond, set in plain platinum setting, and has the most fabulous light return, sparkle, etc..)

And that''s it....nothing more for me....ever!

I have found contentment. From now on...I''m just looking (honestly)

Bloddie
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not ever Bloddie???????? Still it is a great feeling when you have found the one your soul loves as the saying goes
28.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 11:28:41 PM
Author: kaylagee
oh come on, it can''t be *that* many times...
can it?
32.gif
It''s too embarassing to say. (even here with all my diamond crazed sistas)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even I was shocked, Lol!!!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 7:38:52 PM
3.gif
Watch it woman!
29.gif
29.gif
9.gif
(I''m not even sure anymore
41.gif
) I lost count!!!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 7:43:20 PM
Author: sevens one
Date: 1/25/2006 7:38:52 PM

3.gif
Watch it woman!
29.gif
29.gif
9.gif
(I''m not even sure anymore
41.gif
) I lost count!!!!

Ohmyguuudness! i''m skerd now! Does this mammoth number include re-sets? Are we talkin'' diamond changes, trade-ins, multiple diamonds? pleez just a hint..a number range...please give me something here. lol
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, how many fingers do you have???
31.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 8:15:09 PM
Hmmm, how many fingers do you have???
31.gif

LOL!! ten or twelve depending on how drunk i am.
19.gif

j/k

if that''s nearly true, Kaleigh, you''re my guru!

1.gif

I shall henceforth refer to you whenever dh balks at my jewelry ideas/goals.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not me silly, Nan. My upgrades are less than ONE hand, hehe.
3.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

When I first started posting on Pricescope, I got major shrinkage syndrome!

Pricescope can be soooo dangerous. LOL!

My hubby proposed to me in Hawaii with a beautiful 3 carat RB and I have small fingers!
emwink.gif
Back then, it looked enormous on my hand. But even so, he was fond of saying that we will upgrade for our 5-year anniversary and turn my current e-ring into a pendant. (When we shopped for e-rings I liked 3.5-4 carat RBs the best.)

Since then (nearly 1.5 years ago) I have decided that 3 carats in a RB is more than enough for my hand. It feels perfect. It doesn't get caught on anything and it's a stunner without screaming, "MUG ME! MUG ME!"
31.gif

But then again, being a woman -- I could change my mind and take up my husband's offer on an upgrade!

Most people in the world won't ever own huge diamonds, and I sometimes feel uncomfortable getting so much attention even from my lil' blinger. Strangers come up to me as it is to grab my hand, and it makes me wonder how much attention a 4-5 carat diamond would garner.

But then again, if no one got upgrades - whose rings would we drool over?
The Eye Candy Folder would be empty. Quel HORREUR!!!!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I upgraded just last year -the first one was less than ideal. The new one really shines....Oh you mean a ring Upgrade...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Julian you rock girlfriend...you have what many women's ultimate size is on your hot little tiny finger already...and your fab hubby is telling you to upgrade for year 5? Send him over to my house for some hubby lessons eh?!
2.gif

I think I could go to 3.5 or 4c for a RB but in a fancy that's too large..I tried on a 5c oval a year or two ago and it really looked horrible on my hand. But RB I think people can get away with more!

I won't get my eventual 3c (or by then I will have made it 3.5c due to 'diamond interest' for having to wait..ha ha!!) until ~year 10 or so...the injustice of it all!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just had to chime in...I have had 3 rings. First original e-ring was "lost" by my oldest daughter so I got a replacement ring, which is ring #2, the .71 carat princess cut. My first ring was a RB and probably .60 points total but I loved it cuz it came from my DH. My most recent upgrade is my 1.21 cushion and I hate to admit it, but...I am already looking forward to my next cushion which will be more rectangular in shape and closer to 2 carats in size. But I am not saying when that will happen.

...Oh, and yes, diamond shrinkage has begun
emsad.gif
...but I still love my ring and stone!
emsmiled.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
We got married young, both of us a few days short of 23. When we got engaged, I got a .96 Pear cut, on a wide YG band. This was in the early 70''s. The stone was garbage, but we didn''t know it at the time. (and his uncle actually was a partner at the jeweler we bought it from !)

After 5 years I added 2 diamond bands on each side. I was satisfied and really the thought of getting another stone never entered my mind. And we were not in a position financially to do that.

Fast forward to today almost 29 years of marriage. Yes, I have been in the market for about 3 years, but I truly do not know what to get. We bought the Tiffany 16=stone band and I added two eternity bands. Nice, but I know I want the honker! And I can have it - I just could not find what I originally starting looking for.

I feel like I would be giving up saying ok let''s just get a round and be done with it cus the cushion is just not out there. But maybe I need to.

We just ordered a new Corvette. It will cost about what I was going to spend on the ring. But dear hubby says get what you want, but hell, I don''t know what I want!!!!!!!!!! UPGRADE HELL.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This is my new upgrade!

Mine will look exactly like this one. Hopefully I will get it mid-March. We are doing the museum delivery in Bowling Green KY. Should be a trip!

At least the color is platinum like!! haha!

silverandred (4).jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW Ann!! Lucky you! I would call it upgrade heaven though, not hell!
9.gif
2.gif

Heather

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Ann, that is one sweet car!
emrainbow.gif

Mara, your diamonds keep growing and getting prettier and prettier!

Whew! You seem really really petite, so I''m sure it looks ginormous on your hand!!!

emwink.gif
Hubby lessons? If you can teach mine to put the seat down, I''ll be in heaven! LOL.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I have upgraded once and that will be it. I wish we could have kept the original stone, but couldn''t afford the new one without giving it up. Maybe if I had waited longer...but I guess I need to learn about patience!

The original: .74 VS2 F Princess

The final: 1.53 SI2 J radiant

I originally intended on just under 1.5 and a Princess in better color, but this was a ''surprise'' stone and I just went with it. Ultimately, I am verey happy with the decision.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It would have been nice if I attached the pictures!! haha

mine1.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 2:28:36 PM
Author: Sophie
I have upgraded once and that will be it. I wish we could have kept the original stone, but couldn''t afford the new one without giving it up. Maybe if I had waited longer...but I guess I need to learn about patience!

The original: .74 VS2 F Princess

The final: 1.53 SI2 J radiant

I originally intended on just under 1.5 and a Princess in better color, but this was a ''surprise'' stone and I just went with it. Ultimately, I am verey happy with the decision.

Gorgeous ring! Yes, that''s my issue too, I wish I''d been more patient... good things to those who wait and all that jazz. LOL!

Some of those later anniv. upgrades are the best!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Here you can all have a good laugh at my upgrades.

Got engaged with a 1/3ct princess and anniversary band 1/4 ctw for planned wedding band in yg

8 months later before wedding (wedding was set for 1 year after engagement) upgraded to a 3/8ct princess with 1/5 ctw sidestones in wg, traded in both the previous e-ring and wedding band. wore with a plan band

3 years later upgraded to a platinum wedding set with 0.4 ctw sidestones and .3ctw anniversary wedding band meanwhile the 3/8 ctw stone chipped so replaced it with a little better color (went from H/I to G) 0.71 ctw, this is what it looks like today. (as I am saving for a new center stone, probably in a couple years, if I can wait that long)

Picture of it today (please excuse the lint)

dscn06262.JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Looking for new upgrades...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I only upgraded once (so far) in six years.

My sister lives in England - that''s where you said you were from, right? She is married to a British man for 13 years. She has a very small e-ring: 3 little RBs on a gold band. This is all she wants. I told her we were upgrading my ring and she thought it was "utterly foolish". Diamond desire definitely does not run in the family! OR she is completely absorbed into the British culture.

Whatever she wanted she could have, but she indicates no desire for any diamonds at all. Hard to understand this tale of two sisters.

When she was visiting I gave her a 14K yellow topaz ring that I have hanging around and never use. she plonked that topaz right next to her e-ring on her wedding finger. It didn''t look bad! I could see her husband''s eyes starting to get big (he was sitting right there). She seemed happy with this ring, so maybe I am planting the seeds for the future.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results