shape
carat
color
clarity

how many TV do you have in your house? you and SO always watch TV together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does your SO watch different programs in another room?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 TV

We rarely watch TV together. I put the TV on for noise and cheap entertainment, I''m watching CSI right now. DH watches only when there is something he really wants to watch on.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Are you casing the joint? I know times are hard but crime is not the answer. We have 2 tv''s and an excellent alarm system, high gates and 2 rabid dogs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, didn''t you ask this before?
25.gif
We 6 TV''s. Not my choice...
20.gif
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have 1.

We watch most everything together, but I'll watch other things while he's not home and vice versa.

We both really enjoy TV, have (for the most part) all the same favorite shows, and get a lot more out of it than just idle/brainless entertainment
1.gif
- we pick apart every episode's acting, writing, etc. and in some cases the academic and psychological stuff behind it (primarily in shows like LOST and House). TV is great fun for us, and has been a big bonding experience!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
2, but only one is hooked up to cable and yes hubby and I usually watch together which means I suffer through Spike TV shows and he suffers though american idol and the bachelor
3.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
We have a couple, a 19 inch in the bedroom and a decent 35 inch (a hand me down). I suppose someone could try to steal the larger TV, but it's old, extremely bulky, and weighs over 100 pounds! Good luck to the burglar to tries to run with that thing!
9.gif

ETA: We only watch TV together during the baseball season or if our favorite show (24) is on. We <3 Jack Bauer!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Three TVs - living room, bedroom, and guest bedroom. My SO and I almost always watch TV together, we have a lot of shows we both love and we record everything and watch it when we can rather than ever watching anything live. My parents almost always watch on two different floors, because they can never agree on anything to watch so I think SO and I are lucky that so much of what we like overlaps.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
1 tv, we don''t have cable though, it''s only used for video games and movies.

If there is something we want to watch, we can usually find it posted on the website of the tv station. Our regulars are The Office and Lost and I watch Battlestar Galactica alone.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
4 right now. But one was a tiny kitchen one that was here when we moved in, we love it though. Prob going to buy another big one soon here. I remeber my science teacher in 5th grade asking us all this question. For some odd reason we had 11 TV's in our house (only 2 kids)... Which was more than my firends very affluent family that has 6 kids. My teacher lectured me about wasing electricity. Did he actually think I walked into BestBuy and purchased them??
3.gif

But FI and I watch all the same shows, minus the Bachelor! LOL

violet02

Ideal_Rock
We have 2 TVs, one in the living room, one in the bedroom.

My DH and I watch all shows together. We have blu-ray in the living room and a regular DVD player in the bedroom for when we want to watch movies in there.

For myself I keep my Xbox in the living room and use that for a dvd player, streaming netflix and online gaming etc.

In the bedroom I keep the Wii, Wii fit etc. So if I want to game on either system then my DH will go use the tv in the other room. Hehe.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We technically have two tvs: one is our large plasma in the living room. The second is my old cheap tv from college that sits in the basement; the only purpose of this tv is to watch DVDs on while riding the bike trainer.

So, since we only have one tv that is even attached to cable, I would say we only really have one tv and we do watch together most of the time. If he wants to watch something I really don't like, I'll hang out and read a book or do stuff on my computer and he's the same way. We also try to schedule watching our shows when the other isn't home (pretty easy since I'm usually gone at least 2 nights a week) so the other person doesn't have to suffer through shows they hate. I can't stand Lost and 24 (I know, I know ... I'm un-American) and there are plenty of things I like that he hates (wedding shows and stupid reality shows come to mind
3.gif
). Usually though we just watch things together in the evenings after work.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
2. 1 in the living room, 1 by the kitchen.

We don''t watch it together because I watch zero TV on your typical day.

April20

Ideal_Rock
We have three, but only two are hooked up. The third tv is in my office/treadmill room. I am chomping at the bit for DH to run cable to it so I can watch while I''m on the treadmill. I listen to audiobooks or read while I''m on the treadmill right now, but I''d love to have a TV option.

We watch TV together until he turns on ESPN or I turn on HGTV.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I giggled that you used the word "SO" for some reason.

We have 4. We don''t use all though. We have the flatscreen in the living room that gets used the most and we do watch programs together. If anyone does leave to watch something else, it is almost always me. We have a TV in the bedroom that we used to watch at night together but I sleep earlier now so I don''t turn it on. And the other two we have for guests but don''t use.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have one TV, and I plan on keeping it that way.

We watch a few shows together, and I enjoy that. Other than that, my DH pretty much spends the majority of his time at home parked in front of the TV, so I''ve been watching a bit more television since we''ve married. Too bad my reading habit hasn''t rubbed off on him . . .

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
We have one in our living room, bedroom, guest bedroom, and in our backyard.
We also have two in our attic.
32.gif

I guess that's a lot.

DH and I don't watch the same shows. He does the majority of his TV watching outside on the patio or in the living room. I do the majority of my tv watching in the bedroom.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Several tv''s. We watch almost everything together. The only things he wont watch is
1. my soap
2. The Bachelor (which by the way he used to watch previous seasons!)
and 3. Survivor

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
We have 1 tv but we rarely have time to watch it. We always go through the various news channels and occasionally I''ll catch an episode of Law & Order.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 TVs
We watch together
The other TV hasn''t been turned on for two years.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
We have too many TVs. If the DH doesn''t like what I am watching, he can go into the other room and watch it on the small TV. I am queen of the remote control!
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:17:34 PM
Author: musey
We have 1.

We watch most everything together, but I''ll watch other things while he''s not home and vice versa.

We both really enjoy TV, have (for the most part) all the same favorite shows, and get a lot more out of it than just idle/brainless entertainment
1.gif
- we pick apart every episode''s acting, writing, etc. and in some cases the academic and psychological stuff behind it (primarily in shows like LOST and House). TV is great fun for us, and has been a big bonding experience!

BF and I like to pull the philosophical references out of LOST. Half of the stuff I understand about that show I *never* would have gotten if he wasn''t a philosophy major. So cool!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TOO many Tv''s and we almost NEVER watch together. I rarely watch at all, and what he watches I don''t like.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 5 TV's in the kitchen, living room and each of the bedrooms, we have cable hooked to all of them, my husband is a very handy man
2.gif
and we sometimes watch the same show, I tend to be on the computer more then I watch tv
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We don''t have a television, but we do watch tv programmes together on the computer. Our latest addiction is Dexter.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Two. Currently we have one in the family room and one in our bedroom, but when we move (in a week!), the second TV leaves the bedroom and goes into the lounge space we''re creating in a loft area of our new house.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We have two - one in the den, and one in the basement which doubles as a gym/playroom/MIL suite. We usually watch the one in the den, but my husband will watch football or golf on the one in the basement, because I generally don''t like watching sports on TV. I also watch the one in the basement when I''m working out down there. We don''t believe in TVs in the bedrooms.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 5:34:07 PM
Author: princesss
Date: 2/24/2009 3:17:34 PM
Author: musey
We have 1.

We watch most everything together, but I''ll watch other things while he''s not home and vice versa.

1.gif
- we pick apart every episode''s acting, writing, etc. and in some cases the academic and psychological stuff behind it (primarily in shows like LOST and House). TV is great fun for us, and has been a big bonding experience!
BF and I like to pull the philosophical references out of LOST. Half of the stuff I understand about that show I *never* would have gotten if he wasn''t a philosophy major. So cool!
I would LOVE to watch an episode or three with you guys some time!

My husband took a few philosophy courses during his undergrad, so he fills me in on some of the connections and references - but I''m sure he''s/we''ve barely grazed the surface. Those writers, man... sheesh!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
We have 4:

*a 26" LCD flat screen in the living room
*a 19" flat screen (pretty low quality) in the kitchen
*an old TV with VHS player in the basement where I do my workouts or DH watches something while riding his trainer
*an old small tv in the office (which will become a nursery); we almost never watch this one

I love my tv in the kitchen. Yay for watching tv while cooking!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:06:56 PM
Author: Steel
Are you casing the joint? I know times are hard but crime is not the answer. We have 2 tv''s and an excellent alarm system, high gates and 2 rabid dogs.
Ha ha! That is funny! I''ll raise you 5 working tvs (one is from 1982- Toshiba still works, until June of 2009 that is.. need a converter box) and one that works if you use the VCR as the tuner. Oh, and one mini-schanuzer that will lick you to death and dog toys scattered all over the floors to trip you when you walk!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results