shape
carat
color
clarity

how many sets of toasting flutes do I need???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok... NEED is probably the wrong word...

At my shower, I received a beautiful set of Waterford Lismore toasting flutes from my mom''s friend. I was ecstatic! I love them! They were on our Dillard''s registry, and the problem with the Dillard''s registry is that once something is purchased it dissapears from the public view of the list. So it can lead people to believe that I didn''t even register for something, not that I already received it. We left that set at my mom''s house so they''d be there for the wedding.

So two days ago, we got a package in the mail from a jewelry store in my hometown. Another one of my mom''s friends had selected the SAME Waterford toasting flutes for us! So, now we have two sets. Do we keep both? Or do I return the one on my registry, which would mean taking the others down for the wedding... or do I try to return this set to another store, like Macy''s? I can''t really return them to the jewelry store because there was no packing slip or anything and then I''m left with a $150 credit to a store that sells very little in that price range.

My mom says just to keep both and have 4 toasting flutes. Which sounds good, but we also have champagne flutes in our Waterford tableware pattern. Is there such a thing as TOO many champagne flutes? I suppose there are worse problems to have. But really, M and I can''t decide what to do.

Hmmm...

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Since you already have the champagne flutes, I would say it wouldn''t be wrong to return one of the sets. I wouldn''t return the set to the jewelry store, and it might be a hassal to try to return them to a store where they were not purchased. Would it be difficult to take the jewelry store flutes home with you and then return the flutes from your registry? You could always use that credit towards anything on your registry that you don''t end up getting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would keep the four. If one breaks you have a back up. If you have four people over for a nice dinner or NYE you have four matching flutes. You can use them to re-toast on your anniversaries, etc.

I''d just keep''m.

I have my toasting flutes for our wedding. And they are discontinued by Hoya. If I recieved another set, I''d be thrilled. It could just be me though.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Since you also have a full set of regular champagne flutes, I''d probably return the extra pair of toasting flutes. Could you return the jewelry store pair to Dillards as though they were the pair off the registry and avoid traveling with them?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 3:02:02 PM
Author: laine
Since you also have a full set of regular champagne flutes, I''d probably return the extra pair of toasting flutes. Could you return the jewelry store pair to Dillards as though they were the pair off the registry and avoid traveling with them?

No, because Dillards marks all their merchandise with yellow stickers that say "sticker required for return". The mailed merchandise doesnt'' require it, but they do require a packing slip to return. The flutes in Texas do still have thier sticker, I think, but thus we have the travel issue again.

and thus the quandry. So we have 1 vote to keep and 2 to return. Any more opinions to push me one way or the other?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We don''t have ANY toasting flutes. How about you send them to us! Haha!
31.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 6:17:45 PM
Author: Independent Gal
We don''t have ANY toasting flutes. How about you send them to us! Haha!
31.gif

I will! Just paypal me the $150 and I''ll send them right over!
2.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
oops, double post!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results