shape
carat
color
clarity

How many rings are too many?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I''d get some opinions on how many rings are too many to wear at one time? I''m sure you''ve all seen the ladies who wear every ring they own at the one time. Do you think this is too much? Sometimes I think this can look good on obviously wealthy older ladies who have a magnificent collection but at other times I think it looks a bit tacky. On my left hand I wear my engagement ring first (3 diamonds), then a narrow gold wedding band and then another diamond ring (also 3 diamonds). On my right hand at the moment I have a 5 diamond ring on my ring finger and a celtic-style narrow gold band on my middle finger. I''m toying with the idea of adding 2 narrow diamond bands either side of my 5 diamond ring. But then for my 40th in a couple of years, I''d like a solitaire of some description for my right hand. So how much is too much? Or does it depend on getting settings that complement each other rather than compete with each other? Opinions? Discussion?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s personal taste and what looks right on an individual hand. My mom has always worn a twin "guard" ring--a simple gold band--that matches her wedding band so there''s one on either side of her engagement ring. So that''s 3 relatively thin bands stacked.

I have short stubby-ish fingers, so I doubt I could really do more than 2 unless thy were thin.

I had a grad school professor who must have had REALLY long fingers b/c she had at least 5 rings stacked (or more?) on each ring fingers--all were bands, diamond, jade, gold, silver, other gems, none had stones of any big size, but it was a really elegant look that worked on her. On me, it would have gone all the way up to my fingernails!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I agree with blueroses. I have short,chubby fingers ("baby hands" acc. to my mom) and I think too many either in total number worn or stacked on one digit looks bad. But those with longer, thinner fingers can do that look and it's really attractive.

I wear my wedding rings and usually just one RHR. I just gave in to a little pinky ring. I'm sure it doesn't look as cool/interesting on my little chubby pinky as it does on the girls I've seen, like Tiger Kitty here, with slender fingers but I really love it. I would only wear that on the RH--nothing else.
1.gif

Now, if you're asking how many is too many to own/collect, that answer would be you can never have too many!
9.gif
31.gif

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Got to agree with you Jennifer - there''s no such thing as too many diamonds or too much jewellery to own. I''m addicted big time!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You know, in the end, just do what makes you happy!
1.gif
3.gif
I wish I could pull off multiple rings!
9.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of ladies wearing rings on most/all of their fingers. Right now I have my e-ring and eternity band on my left ring finger although sometimes its just e-ring and plain 2 mm wedding band. Believe it or not, sometimes I think that e-ring and eternity band it too much bling which is why I switch to the plain 2 mm wedding band. In the summer, it may be just e-ring alone because my fingers swell in the heat.

On my right hand, its either no ring at all, or my diamond RHR, or anyone of a number of colored stone rings.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I wear only my e-ring and wedding band. I don''t wear much jewelry, I never have. When I got engaged, it was the first ring I had ever worn. It took me a while to get used to it. I wear no watches, no bracelets. I will wear earrings, but not dangly ones. I will wear a pendant though, if I think of it! LOL.... and I could probably get used to a RHR, but i''ll probably just stick with e-ring and eternity band... However, my husband prefers the look of just the e-ring, he thinks the e-ring with the eternity band makes the ring looked disproportionate.. (so, who knows if i''ll get him to buy me the matching band to my new ring LOL)

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 12
6.gif
6:42 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
I wear only my e-ring and wedding band. I don''t wear much jewelry, I never have. When I got engaged, it was the first ring I had ever worn. It took me a while to get used to it. I wear no watches, no bracelets. I will wear earrings, but not dangly ones. I will wear a pendant though, if I think of it! LOL.... and I could probably get used to a RHR, but i''ll probably just stick with e-ring and eternity band... However, my husband prefers the look of just the e-ring, he thinks the e-ring with the eternity band makes the ring looked disproportionate.. (so, who knows if i''ll get him to buy me the matching band to my new ring LOL)

I think this means you need another eternity band to make things symmetrical!
12.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 12
6.gif
8:52 PM
Author: sxn675

I think this means you need another eternity band to make things symmetrical!
12.gif
I''ve been telling him this! LOL! This is what he does.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also not a fan of too many rings.
I usually wear my plain platinum wedding band on my right hand, ring finger.
On my left hand, I wear my anniversary gift and another band, either a thin 2mm. platinum band or my thin channel set diamond band (it is about 2.3mm, I think).
Sometimes I wear my engagement ring set, but since getting the anniversary gift, I wear the other one more.
2.gif

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
So, to the ladies who own multiple rings, do you wear a different one each day or do you stick to your favourites? I wear different earrings and pendants nearly every day, but the thought of leaving my diamonds rings in the safe for the day seems a bit disloyal? I''m just wondering because I''m trying to determine some priorities for future jewellery purchases. Does anyone else have problems prioritising when there is so much gorgeous jewellery out there?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring and will wear my wedding band and promise band all as a set when I get married. Besides that I wear nothing else besides my piercing jewlery. I had a ring I wore on my right hand on the friendmaking finger and when I had hand surgery last year I took it off and never put it back on since it rubbed the scar. I took my watch off bec. it''s titanum and Im a freak and dont want to bank it off my ring.

So I say what;s on the married finger is enoug hfor me.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I also think that multiple rings look fine on older women. IMO, it just looks odd on younger women. Now that being said, I do love rings! I have more rings than any one person should own in a lifetime but I have two or three that I wear absolutely everyday. My ering, of course, and my diamond and sapphire anniversary ring that I wear on my right middle finger are a staple. My third ring is a 7ct london blue topaz that I''ll wear on my right middle finger and switch the diamond and sapphire ring to my left index finger. Confusing I know
20.gif
25.gif
My MIL2b is 76 years old and wears multiple rings on every finger. But it looks fine on her. I think my fingers look short and chubby and if I wore that many rings on one finger I wouldn''t be able to bend my knuckle
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of this? I have loved a couple of the gals'' pinky rings on here, and I found this little cutie at my jewelers recently and got it. it''s 1 ct tdw, F-G, VS2-SI1, 18k WG. Sadly, it''s a size 6 and fits on my RH pinky! I had to photograph it on my left hand....are my fingers too stubby? I would only wear this on my RH--no other rings!

pinky.collage.1.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 4:30:40 PM
Author: Camellia
So, to the ladies who own multiple rings, do you wear a different one each day or do you stick to your favourites? I wear different earrings and pendants nearly every day, but the thought of leaving my diamonds rings in the safe for the day seems a bit disloyal? I''m just wondering because I''m trying to determine some priorities for future jewellery purchases. Does anyone else have problems prioritising when there is so much gorgeous jewellery out there?
Yes, I do have problems prioritizing. This is why I just buy a few items each year because otherwise I''d rarely wear the pieces I have now. I just buy A LOT of clothes
2.gif
lol And then save for nice items for b-day and anniversary treats. I''m very much into a minimalist look and think that too much can easily look too busy. I wear only earrings, necklace and rings on my left hand (but do plan to buy a RHR eventually
9.gif
). No bracelet or watch.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,

Your new pinky ring is cute! I was thinking of getting a little bling item for my right hand and was looking at 1 carat TW rings and prices. Can I ask how much your ring was? You can PM me. Sorry if this is too personal of a question. lol I''m not trying to pry. . . I''m just trying to determine what a reasonable price would be since when I buy this I''ll also be buying a larger eng. stone too. hehehe! lol

Michelle

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, what a cute pinky ring
1.gif
And for the last time, NO, your fingers are not stubby.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
MC, I PM''d you.
1.gif

Thanks, cflutist--the manicure and hand cream help them out but a size 6 pinky is disgraceful!
14.gif
MMM, where are you?
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2004 12:58:21 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
What do you guys think of this? I have loved a couple of the gals'' pinky rings on here, and I found this little cutie at my jewelers recently and got it. it''s 1 ct tdw, F-G, VS2-SI1, 18k WG. Sadly, it''s a size 6 and fits on my RH pinky! I had to photograph it on my left hand....are my fingers too stubby? I would only wear this on my RH--no other rings!
Oo! I like that so much!! How pretty
1.gif
I wish I could find things like that. Of course, I suppose I would if I ever went to a jewelry store.

And nnnnoooooooooooooooo! You''re fingers are not stubby!
1.gif
It looks wonderful on you!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL re: size 6 pinky is disgraceful!!! Worse if it''s a pinky toe like some of us LOLOLOL!!!
That is such a cute little ring! Nice sparkle on this suckers. Very different too....u r a baaadddd girl!!!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results