Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Too many to count!

• 5-6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I have been through what one fellow PS deemed a ring "saga". I was wondering, if any of you have changed your e-ring, how many makeovers, complete (i.e. new ring) or just a touch-up (new setting, side diamonds, center stone, etc) have you endured?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
(2). I upgraded from a round to a pear, and then the pear went from a solitaire to a halo ring.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What am I on, um, 18?
12.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Four:

I got a 1/2 carat round solitaire to wear next to my wedding band.

I put the 1/2 carat diamond in a new setting with small accent diamonds.

I got a new one carat diamond to put in that same setting.

I got an entirely new three stone ring with a 1.24 carat center stone and .50 carat each sidestones.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 8:18:22 PM
Author: justjulia
What am I on, um, 18?
12.gif
But they are all lovely Julia!!!
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 8:19:40 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 2/26/2007 8:18:22 PM
Author: justjulia
What am I on, um, 18?
12.gif
But they are all lovely Julia!!!
9.gif
You are a dear.
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
3 changes, going on 4.

Original 6 prong solitare. Decided to do half bezel set. Didn''t like it. Then 4 prong solitaire. Really hate it. I think I''m going to set into my 3 stone ring, when funds allow.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a round that I now have as a pendant and I love it, original stone.

Then had a three stone from Tiffany''s, 3 carat center emerald, one carat emerald on each side.

Traded that in for the emerald cut with tapered baguettes that I have now.

I am done (I think!)

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I used to think I was high maintenance.

Now I'm certain I am. But it's my money, dang it!!

OK, new poll. How many PSers are sure their jewelers think they're crazy???
emcrook.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am on my 3rd stone over my seven year marriage. But this is the LAST! I still have my original ering and may do something special with it in the future, but no idea what.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just re-read your post. I have to change my answer to.....too many to count.
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wore a 1.46 RB x 20 years, and now have a radiant with side traps (anniversary Sept 2006). The latter is my second, and for sure, last ER.
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
For me it''s "None! I just get a new ring everytime!".. I am a ringoholic..

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I need to clarify that it is not the e-ring.. I just purchase new rings as RHR..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
first I re-set my original e-ring stone and I''ve since upgraded my stone and will be getting new setting (which I''ll keep for a loooooong time)..

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Three for me. Wore my original 0.21 ct solitaire e-ring for 10 years, then my knuckles got too big. Decided to wear my 10 year anniversary channel set diamond band, rather than resize the e-ring. For my 25th anniversary I finally got my 1.50 ct. F VS2. I never considered upgrading this ring until I found PS. Now, I wonder.
31.gif
My right hand has seen lots of changes. That''s where I wear my fun stuff, and I trade around the rings there just about daily.
28.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
1 down, 2 to go -- first colour, then size.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
When I got engaged 20 years ago, I got a .75 princess cut solitaire which I immediatley had remounted onto a wider wedding band (for my engagement ring), then, when we said "I Do", we flanked it with channel set diamond guard rings (very small ct wgt).

Ten years ago, I changed all of that by remounting the princess cut in a new setting of baguettes - HATED IT!

Finally, five years ago, reset the princess diamond in a three stone trellis setting with two .25 ct. princesses, then paired that with a 1/3 ct princess cut channel set band. That is the best its been. I will keep that one....
16.gif

11.gif
However, 20 years later, I found my self "afflicted" with DSS and have been forced to add to the keeper, and purchase an "upgrade".

31.gif
I recently bought a 3.24 ct emerald cut diamond. I took it to Leon Mege'', where (I couldn''t help myself!) I bought MORE stones to make it a five stone ring - .90 in step cut traps and .51 in bullets. The thrill of the whole process has been amazing. I bought the diamond from WF. They were awsome. Then, I actually met with Leon in his studio. He is a very nice man and very willing to help you find your style.
17.gif

I should have my new ring sometime by the end of March - first part of April.
9.gif

The waiting is devine AGONY!!!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results