Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How many PS'rs would you recognize just by their avatar?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,618
No name, just picture. I bet I could recognize quite a few memorable ones!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,630
Do you mean be able to name the usernames that goes with the pictures? Hmmm, I am pretty good about remembering the pictures, but recalling all the names might be hard on some.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
31,544
At least 20???.. :read:
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
It would be interesting to do a collage of AVs and see how many people can name them all.
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,618
Great idea! How do you do that?
 

Wink

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
7,472
Many would be easy, such as April Baby, Dancing Fire, Gypsy and of course DiamondSeeker. (Named because they are in this thread, I have many, many dancing in my mind, but as soon as I list them I will have insulted those who I will instantly remember once I have insulted them...)

I bet the number would be far higher than we think until we actually set our minds to it.

Wink, who loves interesting questions on a Sunday morning.
 

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
3,683
I think we can recognize PS'ers if their avatar is a bling pic. :read:
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,618
I would find the bling picture harder to identify. Wink is easy. Traveling Gal was super easy. DF and Skippy are both easy. I tend to remember "different" pictures more.
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
AprilBaby,

Great question!

There are quite a few Ps'rs that I recognize by their avatar and don't need to look at the name.

In fact, there may be some that I might not place by name alone and would immediately identify if I saw the avatar.
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,853
I remember when DS changed hers from her sapphire ring to a diamond ring and I was very confused when looking for her posts lol.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,630
Niel said:
I remember when DS changed hers from her sapphire ring to a diamond ring and I was very confused when looking for her posts lol.
Yes! I have never done that again because it was even confusing to me! haha! It does throw me off when other people do that, too! If I ever reset this AVR, I will try to recreate the exact same avatar picture with the new setting. Otherwise, it will just never change!
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
diamondseeker2006|1468206759|4054178 said:
Niel said:
I remember when DS changed hers from her sapphire ring to a diamond ring and I was very confused when looking for her posts lol.
Yes! I have never done that again because it was even confusing to me! haha! It does throw me off when other people do that, too! If I ever reset this AVR, I will try to recreate the exact same avatar picture with the new setting. Otherwise, it will just never change!
Diamondseeker,

Please don't change your avatar!

I love your avatar and the other incredible photos you took of your ring with the pearls! When I first saw those photos in your thread, I was speechless and kept returning to view them. Simply beautiful! Your AVR is amazing in those shots!

:wavey:
 

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
1,299
I'd probably recognise quite a few! :)
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,960
I don't think I would recognize too many as my memory is not great. But I know for sure I would and do recognize Haven's avatar and Gypsy's avatar and I did remember SDL's avatar too when she recently changed names but kept the same avatar. I am not good with names though so though I would remember yes I know that avatar I might not be able to match it with a name.
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
18,853
diamondseeker2006|1468206759|4054178 said:
Niel said:
I remember when DS changed hers from her sapphire ring to a diamond ring and I was very confused when looking for her posts lol.
Yes! I have never done that again because it was even confusing to me! haha! It does throw me off when other people do that, too! If I ever reset this AVR, I will try to recreate the exact same avatar picture with the new setting. Otherwise, it will just never change!
I think I've changed mine 3 times ever exactly for this reason. It's easier for me to find my posts. I got very confused Every time I changed it.
 

Wink

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
7,472
LOL! For years mine was a picture of me kayaking. I changed it with reluctance to my jewelry related image and have been very pleased that it did as it more accurately reflects what I do while working.

Bonus points for the PriceScoper who can tell me what that is you are seeing in my avatar.

Wink
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
20,540
I changed my pic briefly several years ago. I found myself quoting my own posts and thinking "that's exactly what I would have written!" - at least I'm consistent, I suppose? :bigsmile:

I think I'd recognise a great many PSers whose profile photos rarely change ::)
 

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
3,903
Wink|1468255027|4054384 said:
LOL! For years mine was a picture of me kayaking. I changed it with reluctance to my jewelry related image and have been very pleased that it did as it more accurately reflects what I do while working.

Bonus points for the PriceScoper who can tell me what that is you are seeing in my avatar.

Wink
A reverse image from a Hearts and Arrows viewer (not ASET nor Idealscope) of your daughter's Crafted by Infinity Princess cut diamond?
I remember seeing it and it was gorgeous.
 

Wink

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
7,472
cflutist|1468256299|4054397 said:
Wink|1468255027|4054384 said:
LOL! For years mine was a picture of me kayaking. I changed it with reluctance to my jewelry related image and have been very pleased that it did as it more accurately reflects what I do while working.

Bonus points for the PriceScoper who can tell me what that is you are seeing in my avatar.

Wink
A reverse image from a Hearts and Arrows viewer (not ASET nor Idealscope) of your daughter's Crafted by Infinity Princess cut diamond?
I remember seeing it and it was gorgeous.
Winner winner, chicken dinner. Although not my daughter's princess cut. This is indeed the "Hearts" image of the Crafted by Infinity princess cut. It is different from most princess cut "Hearts" images in that it has only two chevrons since Paul is of the belief, with which I heartily subscribe to, that two is the right number of chevrons in a princess cut to maximize the size of the sparkle seen in the princess. This reduces the crushed ice look and allows for more dispersion. This is especially true in princess cuts of less than 2 cts.

Sadly, CBI no longer cuts the princess cuts. I doubt I will ever change the avatar though, as I really love it and remember fondly when they did cut them.

Wink
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top