shape
carat
color
clarity

How many piercings do you have?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my mid thirties, one piercing in my left ear, three in my right ear. I got my first two piercings, one in each ear, when I was 6 years old, but one got infected (6 years, no figure!) and then later repierced at 14-15 years. Two more piercings in my right ear when I was 15. Today I am tired of the extra 2 piercings and stopped wearing studs in them this spring/summer.
I sure loved the extra piercings and dont regret getting them, but things change, styles change. No big deal.
Life is short, piercings can be fun and getting them is not a decision you need to live with the rest of your life IF you change your mind.
:)):wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one per ear. But when I first got my ears pierced at age 16 they got infected and we had to let them close and repierce. So I guess technically I had a total of 4 piercings but only 2 of them viable.

Here's a collage of some of my earrings.
As you can see I enjoy antique dangle earrings.

dangleearringsonears.jpg

Reading the new replies just now and realized I forgot to share my age. I'm 54.

Feels weird writing that and my dh is even older. Somehow though I know the number is objectively old now that I am that age it seems young or at least we don't feel how old our number is if that makes sense. SLOW down please Mr/Mrs Time. Don't go so darn fast pretty please.

If I get more piercings will that make me younger? Or just make me an old fool? Or perhaps it is too late and I am one already. :P2

ageisjustanumber.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One in each ear, and I’m 60 years young :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m the oldest here! Haha! I’m 65 and have one in each ear. I pierced them myself with the thing at the time...self-piercing hoops. It had a little tension with a sharp point on the end. It also had a round hole in the back..I had to press on it a little every day until it finally made it’s way through the lobe. I did it around eight years old...I remember it being quite sore...I can’t believe my mom let me do it.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two in each ear lobe.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One in my tongue.

I used to be a pin cushion when I was 19, then had just my labret and tongue. Now my last piercing is a semi hidden one :lol:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm 61, & have only 1 piercing in each ear. We lived in the Philippines at the time, & Mom took my sister & I to a beauty shop, I was in my young teens. The beautician held ice cubes over our ear lobes then pierced them when the area was numb enough. The hard part was the ice! I never got the bug for more, and am happy with what I have. Some of the locations others have posted I had to look up to see what/where it was!! I guess I'm sort of a fuddy duddy! :lol:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Just my 1 piercing in each ear, but they closed up. My whole life if I don’t constantly have earrings then they close up. I’ve had them re-pierced multiple times more than I can even remember, anyone else have this problem?
they’re completely closed up now, I’m 34 And I’m debating if I should get them re-pierced

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have 0! I'm 46. I have tiny ears and my mom didn't have her ears pierced and I never had an interest.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9 - 3 in each lobe, 1 in the upper cartilage of my left ear, a rook in my right ear, and navel. I'm 37. My first lobe piercings were done when I was 5, second ones when I was 10, third at about 12, and both cartilage ones and navel one done in my teens.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5C03E18F-1707-457B-B130-C67583AC5BD8.jpeg My now 61 yr old ear after cutting the lawn in the heat and humidity today.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I’m 29 and would like a second hole just above the one I have in my earlobe, but my mother thinks it isn’t really classy. What do you think? Was this the vision some time ago, with a change in styles now? I would put either pendants in my main one and my .16 diamond studs in the second, or the diamond studs in the main and tiny colored gems in the second. Pic of my ears enclosed :) :). I’m not sure I have a lot of room for a second hole, and I definitely don’t want it elsewhere than the earlobe though 2C02D214-8D12-44EC-89A4-8F707E484167.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I had my ears pierced at 1 yo (or whereabouts) - earrings were taken very seriously & upgraded in the same style, until I changed them (for technical failure) mid college with some bearable placeholder (sapphire studs), now, I have returned to a the first model (if studs instead of French wire) as if to a first love (as the doers of the piercings were!)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 64 and have 5 piercings.
I begged my mother for over a year and finally in 5th grade she let my 8th grade girlfriend pierce my ears. Ice, bar of soap and upholstery needle, I can still hear the crunch as the needle went through.
At 20, 2nd ear holes with piercing gun, that really hurt.
This year, after wanting a nose piercing for 50 years, I did it. I'm wearing a 2mm diamond and love it.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
3 in each ear. First ones done when I was 6, second done once at 12 but they closed up so were redone at 16, then at 19 I got the third ones. At one point I had a cartilage piercing in my left ear that tore out and I've had my navel done twice and it rejected twice. I recently tried to get it done again but I have tissue loss and can't. I'm 46.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
20200907_185506.jpg 20200907_185500.jpg

Soooo I did a thing and went to a piercer today at a tattoo shop and got a 4th piercing in each ear. At 46 lol. LOOOVE them....now I'll have 1 ctw studs in my first piercing when they come weds, my 0.50 ctw are in the second, 0.25 ctw in the third and eventually when I can change the jewelry my second pair of 0.25 ctw will be in the new ones. 2 ctw in each ear lolol.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm 46, and I have 6 piercings, and these were all done in my teens. I don't know if I'm going through a mid life crisis, but really wanting a nose piercing right now....but my kids said they would disown me.

Left earlobe 3, and Cartilage 1.
Right earlobe 2.

for the past 10-15 years I've only worn earrings in my first holes in the lobe.

Revising my answer. I got my nose pierced earlier this year. Prettiest little diamond stud. Now I wear 3 earrings and a nose stud.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One in each ear at three years old. Mid-thirties now. Had a navel piercing in my twenties but ripped it out on a sweater one day - it took forever to heal, and scarred dreadfully, and I’ve steered clear of piercing adventures since :???:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first piercing I think I was 8. Others in my ear throughout high school. Had a nose and a lip ring in my teens- 20s took those out. My ears technically have three but the top is so closed up I can’t handle trying to do anything about it. The others close up a little from time to time but i can always punch an earring through and they heal within about a week.
no plans at this time to try and punch through the top
Now currently outside of my 20s ;-)
BC3F9F29-DEA2-453A-BB00-CDD2B67D809E.jpeg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
1 piercing in each lobe.

pierced with the piercing gun, supposedly not very good

i wouldn't mind seeing a surgeon to close them up and do them right with a piercing professional with a proper and appropriate needle.

OR

just close them up and not re-pierce at all

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
3 in each lobe and one cartilage piercing in my right ear. I used to have my nose pierced and would consider re-doing it in the future but can't right now due to work dress code. Almost 40.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
3 in each lobe and one cartilage piercing in my right ear. I used to have my nose pierced and would consider re-doing it in the future but can't right now due to work dress code. Almost 40.

I was thinking of a nose piercing when I got my 4th ear holes but here they aren't doing them because of Covid. Youd have to take your mask off.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of a nose piercing when I got my 4th ear holes but here they aren't doing them because of Covid. Youd have to take your mask off.

Oh it would be years down the road for me! Makes sense to hold off with COVID for sure.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
46 years old
Two in ear lobes - 1st fine at 11 at the hairdressers. My sister did my seconds when staying at our Grandmothers aged around 13. I have just started wearing second pair of earrings in last few weeks - they were empty for 20 years.
One helix done at 42
Nose stud done in my early twenties.
Belly button done @ 20.

My daughter is 10 & she has her ears pierced & a helix.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got some more done a month ago... 20201122_171825.jpg

They look so sweet @Begonia! I love them! I just purchased two pairs of diamond stud babies for my daughter-in-law’s ears. One pair is a three diamond set and the other is a diamond bar set.If I were younger I would definitely get an extra piercing in each ear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results