shape
carat
color
clarity

How many people have had Reverse DSS?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond got smaller over the past year and then last week it suddenly looked just right - beyond "just right"...amazing! and I fell i love all over again.
I am calling this RDSS, which is a very happy disease that is easy on the budget.
Anyone else experience this wonderful syndrome?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not reverse DSS but reverse setting appreciation. I recently reset my stone into a halo that I had only worn for one month before deciding that it was too top heavy and chunky. I think that being on PS made me think that the only elegant halos were Victor Canera's and I kept feeling like mine wasn't even close in style. I finally realized that I still loved my halo and that my chunkier halo looks better with my stone BC it is a bit tinted. With the smaller halo, BC I've had one before, I was always bothered by the contrast. So now, I'm a happy camper! Here's to those of us who are appreciating what we have!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally have this. I say to my husband at least once a day, "Can you believe how amazing this stone is?" My current ring is an upgrade, and while I loved my original stone, I longed for a better cut. I've been wearing my upgrade for five years and that new ring excitement hasn't faded yet. I think this is a sign that I am a sucker for a beautiful diamond, in the way someone else might be a sucker for an awesome car. Or a great pair of shoes. I have rock love, and always have.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reverse DSS is thinking your diamond is too big! Yes, I have had that, more than once. But eventually I adapt, but it can take years.

The phenomenon you are experiencing is called contentment with what you have, and that is the perfect place to be! I think I am there now, too!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not necessarily reverse DSS because I haven't thought my diamond was too small and wouldn't want to go too much bigger. If there's even an inkling of doubt, I move my e-ring away from my wedding band to look at the e-ring separately and doubt is removed. I like what I have and am not looking to upgrade.

I love my e-ring stone and wouldn't want another. I think it provides good finger coverage for my long, slender fingers. I'm still fascinated by it every time I look at it, and I look at it often in different contexts (favorites are movie theater, Home Depot, Lowes, my grocery store and sometimes Costco). Sometimes I turn the ring facing inward and sneak peaks at it under the table when we're out dining or doing other things.

I love to play with it when the sunlight hits it in the car or on a plane. The sparklies make a disco ball effect on the steering wheel, car door or roof, the back of the airplane seat in front of me, or around the airplane window. I always bring it to DH's attention. So much fun! Or maybe I'm easily amused. :)

We agreed on the shape and my DH selected the stone based on information from PS and input from PSers and me, so it's definitely a beauty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1457714373|4003445 said:
I totally have this. I say to my husband at least once a day, "Can you believe how amazing this stone is?" My current ring is an upgrade, and while I loved my original stone, I longed for a better cut. I've been wearing my upgrade for five years and that new ring excitement hasn't faded yet. I think this is a sign that I am a sucker for a beautiful diamond, in the way someone else might be a sucker for an awesome car. Or a great pair of shoes. I have rock love, and always have.

Hello Haven! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love shopping in my own jewellery box!

I just put on my Tiffany Victoria earrings today: hello beautiful, I'd forgotten about you! :love:

cheers--Sharon

violetjane

Rough_Rock
Jimmianne|1457697677|4003314 said:
My diamond got smaller over the past year and then last week it suddenly looked just right - beyond "just right"...amazing! and I fell i love all over again.
I am calling this RDSS, which is a very happy disease that is easy on the budget.
Anyone else experience this wonderful syndrome?

yes! well, sort of- i just had my old family solitaire 2 ct reset into a halo for a new engagement- i had the settnig remade bc the first one made it look waaay to big, and i realized as much as i love me a big ole' diamond, there IS such a thing as 'too big' for ME- so some girls can wear a ginourmous rock and it looks lovely, but I have recently really come to appreciate the elegance of a stone that is 'perfect' for the individual wearer.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
When I first bought my diamond and spent time with it as a loose stone, I thought I would eventually want to upgrade to a bigger size. After having it set, it seemed fine. I still wondered if I would want something a little bigger later on.

Then I bought a round that was a little more than .5 mm bigger. I wore it in a stone holder, and I tried it on in settings. I could not get over the size of it, and I returned it.

Now my perspective is a little different. I think that I've reached my size limit.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a 2.26 for years and switched to a 1.51.

Happy.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I don't have reverse DSS per se, but I have had my 1.81 ct rb for almost 6 years now, and I still wake up every morning loving my solitaire, and thinking that the size is perfect. It is big enough to make my heart sing, but not so big that it attracts muggers :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I think any beautiful diamond can call to you no matter what size it is. There are times I think my 1.5 carat it too big. I was very happy with my 1 carat but when I decided to upgrade I decided it was kind of pointless to go up to just a 1.25 carat.

Will you post some of your pictures of your asscher? I'd love to see the pictures.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I had forward DSS before having reverse DSS.
Here are my lifetime ct weights in chronological order:

0.25ish, no report on the diamond for the ring I bought at a pawn shop at age 19 for $75. Whadda piece of garbage, I still have it. :knockout: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not reverse DSS but I am satisfied regarding my ER. Perhaps a bit of DSS for my earrings but that is primarily due to wanting to wear lightweight earrings only for comfort and appearance. I prefer the more delicate lighter earrings over the big chunky ones I used to love mainly due to comfort but also due in part to aesthetics. Delicate dangle earrings on the ears are more appealing to me now for more than one reason than they had been in the past. So yes reverse DSS for earrings.

Like Sharon I also just LOVE shopping in my jewelry box. The things I find that I forgot I owned. And ditto for clothing and shoe shopping too. That's the kind of shopping that doesn't hurt the pocketbook. 8)

And I am seconding Marcy's request for pics of your lovely Asscher Jimmianne. :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1457758399|4003769 said:

0.25ish, no report on the diamond for the ring I bought at a pawn shop at age 19 for $75. Whadda piece of garbage, I still have it. :knockout: :lol:

Kenny, your diamond history looks like the stock market report!
What was the thought process for going from 2.26 to 1.51, if I may ask.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I went on a photo expedition, thanks to your request, trying to capture the look of the stone that got me going on it again.
So far it's as impossible as an OEC, but I'll post a few.
I am still trying to decide on a "forever" setting. OMG the prongs on this look huge in marco LOL. Needless to say, the stone is very well protected!
hall_of_mirrors.jpg hall_of_mirrors2.jpg img_3498.jpg
img_3586.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see you posting again, Haven! :wavey:

Jimmianne, I am swooning over your pictures. :love: Beautiful stone!

jaysonsmom|1457725932|4003537 said:
It is big enough to make my heart sing, but not so big that it attracts muggers :cheeky:

This is perfect!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1457782580|4003835 said:
kenny|1457758399|4003769 said:

Kenny, your diamond history looks like the stock market report!
What was the thought process for going from 2.26 to 1.51, if I may ask.

I loved the cut of my Good Old Gold 2.26 asscher but when I bought the first Octavia for my SO I fell in love with the pattern of the cut and especially the astonishing light performance, even way off-axis. :o

IIRC correctly 1.51 was the largest Octavia they had then.
Also there are places I go where I felt a bit self conscious wearing a 2.26, though now I wear a diamond that screams its little head (crown) off. :lol:

Top is my former 2.26 generic ascher.
Below is my SO's 1.38 Octavia.

a_vs_o.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought the diamond GOG that said that it very much reminded them of an octavia : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1457974020|4005130 said:
Nice to see you posting again, Haven! :wavey:

Jimmianne, I am swooning over your pictures. :love: Beautiful stone!

jaysonsmom|1457725932|4003537 said:
It is big enough to make my heart sing, but not so big that it attracts muggers :cheeky:

This is perfect!

Thanks!
yes, that's how I feel. I can wear it and enjoy it when travelling, but don't worry about anyone really noticing it :
)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1457975516|4005141 said:
When I bought the diamond GOG that said that it very much reminded them of an octavia : )

It looks like it would be very sparkly. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1457973286|4005121 said:
Missy, I went on a photo expedition, thanks to your request, trying to capture the look of the stone that got me going on it again.
So far it's as impossible as an OEC, but I'll post a few.
I am still trying to decide on a "forever" setting. OMG the prongs on this look huge in marco LOL. Needless to say, the stone is very well protected!
hall_of_mirrors.jpg hall_of_mirrors2.jpg img_3498.jpg
img_3586.jpg

I am swooning right now Jimmianne over your GORGEOUS diamond. Just beautiful. :love: :love: :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1457977989|4005159 said:
Jimmianne|1457975516|4005141 said:

It looks like it would be very sparkly. :love:
Maybe not like an octavia, but I can pretend : ) ... just as long as I don't see an octavia in person!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

screen_shot_2016-03-14_at_2.png

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had reverse DSS. I went from a 0.98 to a 1.80 after finding PS and all the wonderful vendors here. Then I thought the new stone was too big and flashy for me, so I sold it. Then I bought a bunch of diamonds in the .50 to .80 range over the years, only to sell or return those as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet.. :bigsmile:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top is my former 2.26 generic ascher.
Below is my SO's 1.38 Octavia.

[/quote]
How beautiful-takes my breath away. :drool: I don't suffer from Reverse DSS rather KE-Kenny Envy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1458006376|4005385 said:
How beautiful-takes my breath away. :drool:
I don't suffer from Reverse DSS rather KE-Kenny Envy.

Thanx but ... Correction ... but KE must stand for, KarlK Envy!

Karl is the genius behind the Octavia cut.
I just took a picture.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if I'm suffering from reverse DSS but I prefer daintier jewelry for my fingers at the moment. When my fingers were slimmer, I was all for large diamonds and chunky bands. But with my fingers being larger, I find that daintier pieces (smaller diamonds and thinner bands) look more flattering. But I'm sure it's a fleeting phase till my fingers slim down. Is this considered reverse DSS?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results