shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of shoes for the day of?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I decided to wear high heels on my wedding day because, well, I'm somewhat short. It's not just that, it's that my FH is about 6'2" and my MOH (only attendant) is 5'11". Also, FH's two groomsman are over six feet. So I guess you could say I'm relatively short. The thing is, I'm afraid my heels will be really uncomfortable to wear all night long. We're just having a nice dinner party reception, so I won't be on the dance floor all night, but still.

So I bought a second pair of shoes the other day from Victoria's Secret. They're just wedge-heeled (bright gold, haha) flip flops that are the same height as my heels (3.75 inches) and they were only $10, so I figured "What the heck." They should be much more comfy than the heels and I can change into them after the ceremony.

Does anybody else have a second pair of shoes for after the ceremony?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
These are the ceremony shoes, btw. I had them dyed bright blue so they could be my "something blue".

Blue Shoes.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
And these are the bright gold flip flops, just for fun.

vsflipflops.jpg

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah, I think you''ll be much more comfortable dancing and socializing in the wedge heels. If I were having a reception, I''d definitely make sure I had a 2nd pair of shoes available...maybe even a 3rd.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had two, one for the ceremony and stacked flip flops for the reception. I probably should have just worn the flip flops the whole time since no one saw my shoes anyways and they were SOOOOO much more comfortable!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
yup,
gold peep toe wedges for ceremony
and gold ruffled birkenstocks for the reception!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Just one! I''m wearing the skechers ballet flats shown below though. They''re super comfy. I''m a big baby and knew that heels would make me miserable.

robbie3982weddingshoes.jpg

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I''m a two pairs of shoe bride myself. I wore $10 thick white flip-flops that were hidden under my gown. They''re so much easier to walk around the gravel area and I was paranoid I''d trip and fall. For the reception, I changed to gold strappy sandals with little heels. But then I changed into a burgundy chipao too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say I LOVE that you are wearing those beautiful BLUE shoes in your ceremony.
30.gif
That''s such a great sentiment, and they are so pretty. Great idea!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing silver patent leather disco platform wedges until I can''t anymore. Then I''ll probably switch to white platform flipflops. I''m 5''2", FI is 6''5" so I need all the height I can get! Especially in that dress.

silver platform1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just one pair, so far. 3'' gold Franco Sarto wedges, below.

I heard Franco Sarto makes comfortable shoes, and I plan on getting some of those gel inserts, but I might have a pair of platform flip-flops on hand, just in case.

(And I hear you on feeling short. I'm 5'5'', average height for a woman, but my FH is 6'7''!)

francosartogold.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I love your blue shoes too! What a great way to have "something blue" plus they are beautiful but I definitely see them hurting your feet.

I have been looking for blue wedges to multitask- like everyone else I am afraid of tripping but I dont want the height most need by getting platforms and I also want to do my something blue as my shoes. But I think I will have to do what everyone else is doing and get multiple pairs.

Have you checked out piperlime.com? They are owned and operated by Gap and have great shoes! Good luck in your hunt!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Zappos is another good one. Mmmm... zappos. I ordered a dozen pairs from them and picked those silver ones. The prices aren''t super great but the service and selection are.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Oh and these are cute from Nordy''s- and they look comfy!

Cute shoes!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love the shoes on this thread! Robbie, those shoes are so cute and look so comfy. IndependentGal, your shoes are fun! And I love Zappos, too. I ordered a few pair from them, then sent back the ones that didn''t fit as well. So far the blue heels have been more comfy than I thought they''d be (I wear them around the house when FI isn''t home), but I bet after an hour I''ll want to change.

To be honest, I fully expect to trip on my heels during the processional. I''ve already made a $50 bet with my father (who promises to catch me). My processional is up about 20 natural stone steps (read: NOT smooth) up to a cliff overlooking the ocean. We didnt intend to have the ceremony there when we first booked the estate, but now I''ll just have to deal. I''ll do some practice runs in the days beforehand!

So nice to see some fun, non-traditional shoes here! I say have fun with the shoes--the dress covers them for the most part, anyway!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t even thought of shoes much yet but I can''t do heels at all. i''ve never even wore a pair of real heels. I either do flats or chunky "heels" (1/2" or MAYBE 1"). I''ll probably bring a few pairs of shoes with me, just in case. I''m 4''9" so I need all the height I can get (my FI is about 6''), but I just can''t risk breaking my ankle.

Robbie, I''ve always loved those, ever since you first posted them way back when. Do you know if they come in ivory? Actually, I''ll go look...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady - love your blue shoes. Super cute.

I only had one pair of shoes. They were a pair of 3.5" gold strappy sandals that I wore from 8am til 11pm. They were really comfy and only $20. Actually my two BMs also wore 3.5" heels from 8am til 11pm.

Here's our shoes. Mines are the one in the center.

qtiekiki_shoes.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! How I love shoes! I''m so excited about my shoes. They match our wedding colors.
They are about 3" tall, but are so well made, they are comfortable. I plan on wearing them as long as I possibly can. However, I have a pair of back-up flats just in case. I figure, if my feet hurt so much that I change my shoes, I won''t be caring about getting the hem of my dress dirty.

Heels ...

SSWeddingShoe3.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think having two pairs is a necessity!!! I was a little over-zealous with 3 pairs: Heels for the outdoor civil ceremony, flip-flops for the reception, and then we had a church blessing 2 weeks later, (re-wore the dress) so I had a new pair for that, thankfully -- my other heels were RUINED outdoors...it looks like I ran a marathon in them. Grass stains, dirt stains, and one of the heels almost twisted off...ooops!

BUT - that was nothing compared to my mother (from whom I clearly got my love of shoes!!). For our wedding, she bought 5. She wanted to figure out a way to wear all of them, but I threw a little mini-fit and in the end, she just wore 2, a pair of heels for the ceremony that I thought she''d never be able to walk in (but looked fabulous!), and a pair of really cute silver ballet flats with little stars punched out in them for the reception.

Anyway, just because this is a "shoe" thread, I can''t help but post my favorite bridal photo from our ceremony:
2.gif

320_243.jpg

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
These will be for the ceremony. Hopefully they won''t sink into the grass and i want to get platform flip flops for the reception.

1501m.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I originally had 2 pair of shoes, but the pair I was to change in to was left in my home town. Of course I didn''t know this until sometime during the reception. I had on 3'''' heels for the ceremony and was quite comfortable in them from 2:00 p.m. when I began getting ready until about 10:00 during the reception. By then, I was exhausted and ready for some shoes that were easier to walk in. I went asking for them from the person in charge, and she said, "oops" So I had to deal with a tired quite pained feet for a while longer. But it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results