shape
carat
color
clarity

How many items did you register for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I set up our registries this weekend and at Bed Bath and Beyond, they advised us to register for 2-3 times the number of guests we are inviting to the wedding. We are inviting 230, so according to their advice that would equate to 460 to 690 items
emsmileo.gif
. This seems like an insane number of things to ask for. We currently have about 170 items currently, with a mix of 5-10 dollar items 30-50 dollar items and three or four $100 to $300 big ticket items, that I thought maybe people might want to go in together with others on... I feel like anything we could ever want is already on there.

Anyways, my questions, especially for those who have already had their showers or weddings, how many items did you register for in relation to your guest list and aprox what percentage of the items were purchased?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s insane. Just register for what you guys want and need and then keep an eye on it as the day approaches. If any group of items ($ value) is getting low, then add a few new things.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly for us your number 490-600 sounds like where we will end up. We are also moving back from Europe before our wedding and no longer have anything in the US so we will actually need all that stuff to set up housekeeping. I say register for whatever because if no one buys it for you, you can buy the rest off your registery for a discount I believe. No one will notice how many items you actually have, I think they will notice if you have a nice variety to fit everyone''s budget and will be grateful for that.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we have 200 potential guests and ended up registering for 330 items :)

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
460 to 690!
23.gif
That''s alot! But why not if I have the time to pick and scan the UPC! me and FI set up registries at several places. BB and B''s lady told us to pick the china items (she was quite hard selling them, though), I don''t know which items couple usually pick but I have bought my own china from a warehouse sale and I don''t need anything from their product choices.

And are there certain amounts of items in certain price range you have to pick or it''s a personal choice?
33.gif
33.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for assuring me I am not crazy. I think I will just monitor and try to add items if a lot of things get bought maybe after our first shower.

Starbutts - I just said that because I think the pricepoints effect the number of items you will need to include... for example if you have a lot of smaller ticket items (kitchen gadgets, towels, bakeware, table linens etc.) that are 10-20 dollars in price, people will more than likely buy a few small things. It seems like at the showers I have attended, the average gift is around 30-50 dollars, so someone might give 1 50 dollar item or 4-5 10 dollar items. Because of that, if you have most of your items in the 50 dollar range, you would need fewer items while if you had a ton of lower priced items you would need more items to accomodate the guests buying from the registry...

ETA - I also wanted to make sure I had a range, because my family is always 'accusing' me of having expensive taste, so I didn't want to end up like some of the previous brides in my family where the aunts all complained about how expensive everything was on the registry...

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
oops yay I miss out that important part while reading. Thanks for sharing!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
This must be why my Aunt (she is throwing the shower) was insisting that I had too few items on my registry! I think I have a bit over a hundred, which really seemed like a lot to me! Most of the items are in the $10-$45 range, with some things higher.

Maybe I should go back and add more stuff! Then again, I''m registry stalking and only two things have been bought so far, so I''m not too worried yet! If I need to add more I will.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did about 2.5 times the number of invited guests, well guest groups, like boyfriend+girlfriend, parents+kids, etc., that we had. But we only had about 60 guest groups so it wasn''t too hard.

I think it''s okay to just register for the things you want, and figure that people will also gift cash.

Also, not everyone will send a gift. We didn''t get any gifts from about 15% of the guests who attended, ~10% of those invited. So we registered for quite a bit of ''extra'' stuff that ended up not being needed.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
we ditched that idea and ONLY registered for things we truly wanted / needed and felt that we had the space for in our apartment. i''m sure its not enough to cover everyone, but the last thing i want is an apartment full of "fun stuff" from BBB that i have no space/need for

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. We should have at most 36 guests and we registered for about 50 gifts--ranging from $5-400.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results