shape
carat
color
clarity

How many guests are you inviting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

genette

Shiny_Rock
With such a range of wedding sizes now days, I thought it would be interesting to see how many guests are people inviting to their weddings. My target is between 50-75 people for intimacy purposes and its nicer on the budget
emwink.gif

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
270 are on our list currently, I don''t expect it to change that much until October.
Nicole

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We''re inviting about 53, and hoping that we get 45, since we can only fit 49!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
We currently have 65-75 on the list but 50 is most likely all that will make it.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am worried that we are going to be that lucky couple that everyone will want to see and wish well on the big day. Just started planning and the initial guest lists I received from my mom and FMIL total about 280, not including a few kids and not including that some of these folks are not likely to attend (out of state, elderly/health issues, etc.), but we haven''t added in our friends yet. I anticipate needing to plan for about 300.
40.gif

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We have 24 including 4 little ones.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
To our reception we invited about 150 btwn DH and I; by the reply date, only 40 or so had RSVPd so we had to call the rest of them. Just over 90 people said they''d come; about 75 showed up. (actually now that I look down the list more like 70). We had food for what my wedding planner said was 110, but actually probably closer to 175; over half of many of the items were never even taken out of their packages. We also bought more than 2x the beer and wine we needed. Hope that helps.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Nearly 200 people, including children. I''m hoping that 20-30 can''t attend. I wish I could have a small wedding - closer to 50.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
We're shooting for a medium-sized wedding of about 70-75 people. Right now, we have 80 people on our guest list, and want to keep it at that as we know from prior experience (engagement party) that almost everyone will come. And that's fine with us, as we don't have anyone on our list that we hope doesn't attend.

Both FI and I have been "good" about keeping the list manageable and also communicating our wishes to our families (no kids, co-workers or "casual" friends & family)

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We sent out invitations to about 280, but final numbers were somewhere between 225 and 250. Only about 10 of the guest were children under 12, everyone else were adults.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We started out thinking of 100 people, now it looks like it''ll be 150. It doesn''t help that his mother has 6 brothers and sisters, and each of them have at least 3 kids, and THOSE kids have kids.
20.gif
We''re really starting to get cut-throat, too. Like, if you haven''t seen us in a year, no invite. If you don''t even know my fiance''s name, no invite. Seems like it would all be very easy to understand, but we''ve got cousins coming out of the woodwork. My mom just called me to say that her sister in law (and niece and nephew) aren''t invited to our wedding because we are having a reception for my brother and his new wife in a few weeks, he''s coming from Australia and it''ll be the last time we see him for over a year, maybe more. But my aunt doesn''t want her family to go, even for a little bit, because HER mom is having her birthday. Granted, she''ll be 90, which I understand, but when my mom asked if she could just pick them up and have them see my brother for a little bit, then take them back home, she said no, and they could see Shawn at any time. My mom got totally mad, saying, um, NO, he moved across the globe! Drama! But that leaves 7 people off the list! Sweet!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
My current list is around 150, and my BF (soon to be fiance!) will probably be adding another 100 or so. I think 200 would be nice, so hopefully we''ll be able to pare it down a bit...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have about 60 people on the list. Probably almost everyone will show up, which kind of surprised me since a decent chunk of the list are his friends from Australia. We''re thrilled that they would come all the way to L.A. to celebrate with us. Those Aussies love to party...we are probably going to have to up our drink budget because of it!
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, well we *thought* it would be around 200 but you know how it goes....a little over 300 will be invited!
32.gif
We''ll see how many show
2.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
We really want 50 guests, that would be perfect! We sent out 37 (74pp) invites just over a week ago,and have mainly only got yes''s back. Heres to hoping all FI''s cousins decline this week!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve found that you usually get the yeses back first. It made us really nervous too!
We really really really wanted a small wedding. If we had it here in Atlanta, it would have probably been
about 200 people. Our destination wedding allowed us to keep it small.
We invited 157 people (fingers crossed that the location would thin the crowd.)
As it stands, we have 55 people coming and 61 who cannot.
We''re waiting for the last stragglers to RSVP, but we think we''ll be at our desired number of
60. PHEW.
The cost of airline tickets really made it hard on a lot of friends.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
We'll probably end up inviting about 250.
32.gif

He has 102 first cousins on his dad's side alone.
23.gif

50 would be much nicer. We've got a year left, though, so I'll see what happens. My entire extended family knows about this, so we can't very well start cutting people.

Like I said...
32.gif

On the other hand, I just attended a wedding in March that had around 600 guests or so (and I'm pretty sure that's an underestimated guess)...that was nuts. I go to a *huge* church, and it was full except for one aisle.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Originally thought we''d keep it under 100, now it''s looking like 150, easy. We''ve both agreed on no more than 150, though.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
We had 150 for wedding #1

#2 had about 300

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
Just made the first, initial, rough guest list...

There are people to take off, people still to add, and people I know definitely won''t come.

But the guest total so far is...

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Right now we have 188 on our list, but I wouldn''t mind it being a little smaller!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We''re inviting 38, expecting about 25 to show up (lots of out of towners).

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
As few as possible hehehehe
11.gif
31.gif
11.gif

well under 65.

Scintillating...

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
We''re inviting 44 adults, no kids since neither of us like them or want them at our wedding.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 11:05:28 AM
Author: Kaylyn
We''ll probably end up inviting about 250.
32.gif

He has 102 first cousins on his dad''s side alone.
23.gif

50 would be much nicer. We''ve got a year left, though, so I''ll see what happens. My entire extended family knows about this, so we can''t very well start cutting people.

Like I said...
32.gif

On the other hand, I just attended a wedding in March that had around 600 guests or so (and I''m pretty sure that''s an underestimated guess)...that was nuts. I go to a *huge* church, and it was full except for one aisle.
We had 2 receptions of around 100 people each. I liked that size...manageable and lots of fun!

Kaylyn...WOW, I am totally confused...
23.gif
102 first cousins on his dad''s side alone? I mean, just as an example, say his dad had 15 siblings, and each sibling had 3 kids, that would be around 45 first cousins...so can you give us the math on how there are 102? I mean, I have 27 first cousins total from my mom''s and dad''s sides together, and I thought that was a pretty decent number.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2006 12:38:27 AM
Author: Selkie
We''re inviting about 53, and hoping that we get 45, since we can only fit 49!
Hey Selkie.......keep in mind that your 49 count has to include vendors, too.....so if you''re having a catering staff aboard, those folks are part of the 49 as well.

(I think.....double check, but I''m pretty sure that''s what we had to plan with, too).

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
At least 90, for the site''s minimum cost to make sense, but no more than 120 for space considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results