shape
carat
color
clarity

How many extra sets of invitations should I make?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
My Papersource package came an hour ago and I am just "so happy!!" Tonight we will start printing and cutting paper and go from there. Hopefully our stamp comes so that we can also get in some practice on embossing (on plain regular paper of course).

I ordered extras of everthing for obvious reasons like mistakes and needing extra invitations if our guest list grows a bit. Putting the mistakes out of mind for now, how many extras should we make now for last minute additions? We''d rather make some now than have to start the process up again each time a guest is added.

Our list started at 75 back in December and has grown to 107 so I don''t think many more will be added but just in case......how many extra did you plan on for extra guests?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
unfortunately, our guest list is HUGE, but we had a similar problem...
We are addressing 170 invites. ours had to be ordered in groups of 25, so we were going to do 175. However, we were convinced to do 200 in case of add-ons (which we''re really hoping we don''t have!), but also for invites that get lost in the mail, etc.

guess i can''t really answer your question about how many extras, but i think that''s very personal! just don''t forget that mistakes aside, you may need more than you think. also, remember to keep at least one for yourself, your parents, his parents etc. we had forgotten to put ours on the list!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your comments :) I definitely want one for us as a keepsake, but why wouldn''t moms and dads etc just keep the invite we sent them originally as thier keepsake? Is it because the envelop is part of it and after having opened it, it is no longer keepsake-worthy? Just something I was wondering; maybe you have an opinion about that?

I don''t think I''ve left myself enough room for error when it comes to envelopes. The flat backing cards won''t be high risk for errors as the only treatment they''ll get is having paper adhered to it and I have a few extra for those mishaps; no printing etc on those. The paper on which the invites will be printed I actually do have many extra so I''m not concerned at all about that (and this is probably the highest risk area anyway). However, I have 70 envelopes and need at least 59 to come out perfect. I''m using a printer to print directly on the envelopes. After everything is completed, it would be nice to have those 10 extra complete sets just in case. This literally leaves me with zero room for printing error. Hmm. Guess I flubbed that part of the order up a bit.

I can always order more.........having an excuse to go back to Papersource (and reach thier $100 minimum for free shipping) is not such a terrible thing anyway
9.gif
31.gif
. Maybe I''ll wait to order the desk embosser afterall and save that purchase in case I need more invite supplies so I can reach that minimum easier.

I never even considred invites getting lost in the mail or even incorrectly addressed ones coming back to me!!! Ugggghhhh. I guess the save-the-date work was good practice to make sure we had everyone''s correct mailing address as 2 actually DID come back to us for these reasons. Phew!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I don''t know, for a wedding that size maybe 20 extras? I''m just guessing here though!

On another note, did you order a kit? Or did you order the pieces separately from papersource? I LOVE your invite idea and might do something similar so that''s why I was curious as to what you ended up with.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 2:03:05 PM
Author: neatfreak
Hmmm...I don''t know, for a wedding that size maybe 20 extras? I''m just guessing here though!

On another note, did you order a kit? Or did you order the pieces separately from papersource? I LOVE your invite idea and might do something similar so that''s why I was curious as to what you ended up with.
I ordered the pieces because I wanted to subsitute the ribbon and paper sash (fantastic) ideas for my cherry blossom embossed image idea but still wanted the Papersource quality and colors :) The whole package, including embossing powder, inks, inkpad cleaner, heat gun and flat cards and paper to do 70 double layer invites and rsvp sets, it came to $140. The kits are also really affordable for the quality you recieve but I didn''t think I wanted/needed 100....and I didn''t want to pay for a hundred.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget you send one per family/couple not per person. If you are sending out 100, I would make 20 extra. So I guess 20%. You won''t want to take the time to make more later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results