shape
carat
color
clarity

How many dresses did you try...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
on before you knew it was "the one?"

I went dress shopping this weekend. First I went to David''s Bridal and tried on a lot of different styles. I fell in love with a tulle ball gown skirt, with a beaded bodice. After David''s Bridal, we went to a small local bridal shop where I tried on a few more, the second dress I tried on there, I loved! I came out of the dressing room and everyone there said it was the one. I am going back to try it on again tonight so I can bring along FI''s mom and sisters as well as my dad.

My question is, am I rushing into it? Part of me things if I go to more stores, I''ll get more confused, but at the same time, there might be something else out there that I like and will never see. If I''ll never see it, does it really matter?

Have any of you purchased on the first outing? Did you regret it?

Here''s a picture of me in the David''s Bridal dress. The dress I want to get has a lot more beading, and the fabric feels a lot nicer. Plus it has a small train.

uploadSparkle 1.JPG

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
side view

uploadSparkle 2.JPG

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
back view

uploadSparkle 3.JPG

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think its weird to fall in love with a dress right away. I bought my dress the first time I went shopping, and I am so happy I did. Not only do I NOT regret buying it right away, it was great to know that I had finished that part of the planning and could move on with the next steps.

The important thing is to know that it is right for you. Don''t worry about how many stores you go to, or how many dresses you try on. If you LOVE the dress (which sounds really beautiful BTW) then go for it. If you are still unsure, and it sounds like you may be, then keep looking around.

Bottom line, you have to be sure and know that it is the right dress for you!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
lehcarm, I tried on three dresses, put on MY dress, and then another four. And then MY dress again. I only tried on these dresses in that one store.
1.gif
I love my dress. And I love the ballgown (I wish I WAS a ballgown girl!) on you, but it looks a little "wide" from the back. I think because in the picture it seems almost flat looking. Yeah, I think that''s it. I''m sure if I saw it in real life that it wouldn''t look like that.

Also, the bodice looks fab on you. Nips in your waist perfectly. I also bought a dress with a beaded bodice, and I LOVE it!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad I will be going back to look at it tonight. I had a dream last night that I went back to the shop and it was gone, and they couldn''t order another one. It must be special to make it into my dreams.

AmberWaves, the pictures aren''t of the actual dress. They are of a similar on at David''s Bridal. I can''t take pictures of my actual dress until I buy it.

Thanks for your help!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on exactly 4 dresses. My dress was #4, and though it wasn''t at all what I thought I wanted, it was perfect. I didn''t want to take it off. And it took me forever to take it off when I went for my first fitting. Maybe exactly what I had invisioned is out there somewhere, but I am pretty happy about my dress, and I am REALLY happy that it wasn''t any trouble finding it. Was afraid that I would try on 50 things, and like them all, but not really love anything. That''s usually how my life goes. Luckily, my dress was easy.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t really into the dress thing, so my first trip I tried on about 6 dresses and kind of liked two of them but wasn''t completely sold. Then I decided to go to this really big store with my mom, who lives really far away, so it was sort of like "let''s make this trip count" and I tried on about 4 dresses before I got to one I liked, but then I put on 3 more and the last one was definitely THE one. Of course it was only last because it was THE dress. I had 8 more in the dressing room with me, but when I saw my mom''s face, I knew I was done.

It''s been easy for me to stop shopping because I didn''t really want to do it in the first place, but once you''ve paid for it, STOP shopping! Just be sure you''ve tried on lots of different styles before you buy it. If you''ve only tried on ballgowns, you may have picked the best ballgown, but I don''t want to see you fall for mermaid styles next month!
2.gif
If you''re dreaming about your gown, that''s a good sign!

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t try on more than six dresses in one store and that was the extent of my dress shopping. I kept going back to a strapless cream one even though I said I wouldn''t get strapless, haha. I didn''t exactly get the feeling, oh, this is The One. It was more like, gee, I look pretty damn good in this.
9.gif

But I was on a time constraint too.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I had tried on eleven and gotbored and picked one that I liked but wasn''t completely flipped about - I had convinced myself I wasn''t a *the one* dress type of girl and then I went to David''s Bridal and found the **MOST PERFECT** dress for me - tears in my eyes, warm fuzzy feeling the whole nine yards -- just keep looking if you''re not completely in love, you may have just not found the dress you love -- that may help you not become a 2 dress bride like many of us
41.gif

broadway

Rough_Rock
I tried on four dresses and then went back to the first one I tried on. I''m not buying it until my mom comes down and gives her smile of approval, but I''m pretty sure it''s the one.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your stories! I went back to the store last night with my mom and dad, and my FMIL, 2 FSIL, and best friend. When I walked out of the dressing room, my dad started crying. I knew it was the one. Now I''m done with dress shopping. It was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be! I''ll be sure to take pictures of it next time I am at my parents house (they took it home with them).

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man. I bought what I thought was "the one" on my first trip after having tried on about 5 dresses. Then I tried on 3 more at Davids, 4 more at another small boutique, then about 8 more before I found "the one." So, now I''ve got 2 dresses, and selling one is way harder than I thought it would be!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I''m not going to look at any more dresses. Now I am trying to concentrated on finding bridesmaid dresses that compliment my dress. I love my dress, and if I don''t look anymore, I won''t even think about finding one that I love more. There is no way that I can afford another one anyway.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 11:38:27 AM
Author: lehcarm
I''m not going to look at any more dresses. Now I am trying to concentrated on finding bridesmaid dresses that compliment my dress. I love my dress, and if I don''t look anymore, I won''t even think about finding one that I love more. There is no way that I can afford another one anyway.
That''s how I felt too.. I haven''t even looked for more wedding dresses, and it''s awesome to have it checked off the to do list! Congrats on your dress, I can''t wait to see pics!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried on about 8, and immediately narrowed it down to 2. I had to look at pictures my friend took of both the dresses for me to choose between the 2 finalists though.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I was just thinking to myself that it felt like I tried on quite a few... then I actually started doing the math:

Visited 6-8 dress shops, tried on between 8-12 dresses at each place... equals WELL over 50 dresses!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

"My" dress was at the last place we visited, so in the end, I'm glad I was so thorough... but good grief... 50 freaking dresses!
19.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I tried on about 12, narrowed it down to 4, tried them on again and knew the one I thought was the one

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results