shape
carat
color
clarity

How many days can you go with out spending any money?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with MC, under normal circumstances, I go 0 days without spending money because I am ALWAYS in some store picking up the sale items for the week, or buying dog stuff or at Bed, Bath & Beyond, or picking up prescriptions etc. Spending is an every day event for me. Always has been. The ONLY time I didn't spend any money recently, was when I was in the hospital for three weeks. When I got home though, even though I was too weak to stand or walk for weeks, a semi-regular schedule kicked in and bills had to be paid and groceries needed to be bought. You write a check to pay the electric bill? You've spent money!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband goes to the grocery store 2 -3 days a week.
Usually 1 big trip but then smaller trips for milk or something specific/fresh for a meal. Because of the milk situation I'd say 4 days?
We like to go out to eat a couple times a week.
We fill up our minivan a couple times a month.
Purchases for clothes, electronics, other discretionary items is - irregular (definitely less than once a week).
However, we are planning to redo our patio (hello home depot), and
I'm low on a number of personal products that I usually have a stock of so I have some shopping in my future :tongue: .

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
bee*|1306188883|2928572 said:
[I'm the same. Plus I like to buy a lot of fresh food so I usually go shopping every 2nd day, if not daily.

Ditto.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh, i would say a week. that would be tops because i'd have to get gas -- i drive a lot for work.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very interesting thread!

I dislike the basic assumption of the show, which seems to be that spending often is bad for your financial health and that it is a merit to go long stretches without spending.

I like fresh veggies and bread. They are tastier and healthier. I buy them both every other day or daily. Same logic if you commute by bus or train - yes, you are spending money daily, but it works out cheaper and more sustainable. Both of these can be budgeted and are good choices for some of us.

The true question, in my opinion, is how long can you go without spending unbudgeted money or splurges.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results