shape
carat
color
clarity

How many CDs can fit on a DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My wedding photographer has sent me all the pictures from my wedding. I have full rights to them but I can''t do anything with them. The discs he sent are DVD-R. I only have a CD drive. So, can someone with DVD drive burn new CDs discs? There are currently 5 DVD-R discs. I''m assuming I''d have a lot of CD discs....

Help!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
There are different capacitys to DVDs (and CDs), but typically a DVD will hold either 8 or 4 GB (8,000 MB or 4,000 MB) while a CD will hold about 720 MB... so you''d need about 11 CDs for each of the DVDs.

DVD drives are relatively inexpensive now and usually read both DVDs and CDs...what about buying one and installing it in your PC? Upgrades for your PC are often very helpful.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edited--sorry totally misread that.

If a person has a drive that can burn CDs and READ DVDs then yes, you can copy all that data to your hard drive and separate it out onto DVDS but you will be spending HOURS doing that.

That said, What websailor said is true, you can get a DVD burner at like Best Buy relatively cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results