shape
carat
color
clarity

How many attempts??

merbear1215

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Our RSVP's were due on 10/2. We have many still outstanding. For obvious reasons regarding my mental state, I want to get an answer from these people. However, there are logistical reasons as well (i.e. how many centerpieces do we need, how many tables, assigning tables, etc.).

Anyway, my question is how many attempts do you feel is proper before writing them off as no's??

I have contacted all of them at least once, some twice and have yet to hear back. Thoughts?

Thanks!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I would try at least 3 different times, using at least 2 different forms of communication (i.e. phone, e-mail, text, a visit, etc). Even having a different person call (like one of your parents) would count to me as a different form of communication, in case they were afraid of telling you "no" to your face (or ears). After that, I think it's safe to count them as a no.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AustenNut said:
I would try at least 3 different times, using at least 2 different forms of communication (i.e. phone, e-mail, text, a visit, etc). Even having a different person call (like one of your parents) would count to me as a different form of communication, in case they were afraid of telling you "no" to your face (or ears). After that, I think it's safe to count them as a no.

Different forms of contact is a good suggestion. I'd still use something different (e-mail, text, in-person) even if you and your parents both called them.

My home phone works fine.... if I'm home to answer it. Sometimes it won't record a message and sometimes (even worse) it'll take a message so the person calling thinks they've left a message for me but the phone doesn't give it to me so I never get it -- I've even had it skip showing numbers in the call log :nono:
(yes, I need a new phone but I'm busy with other stuff and most people just e-mail anyways)
Sorry to lose focus, my point is that you need to try a couple of completely different forms of contact or you could wind up with the person not getting the message at all.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would try each contact you have for them twice in a week.

Since your respond by date was the 2nd, if you haven't heard from them by Monday (just in case they are out of town thru the weekend), then mark them as "No's".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results