shape
carat
color
clarity

How Long..

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
… into your relationship did you start "waiting"?
… have you been waiting?

I started "waiting" around 3 months into our relationship, when he brought up wanting to get married. It freaked me out at first, but I knew he was onto something, and soon I hopped on board. I started going being a true lady in waiting (obsessed) about 8 months into our relationship.

I have been waiting 3 years.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
We had been together approaching six years when we both (key word here! 8-) ) felt ready. It has been six months since then.

I don't feel like I'm really waiting waiting, though. I'm pretty consistently patient! I'm sure you'll all hear about it if that changes! :lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I'd say I started waiting about six months into our relationship. We moved in together after 4 months... but we worked together for long before then, so I feel like I've known him forever. Regardless, we are so compatible together, it's scary.

As far as waiting waiting......... I'd say six to nine months, give or take.

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I have been waiting a year. We had already been together for almost 10 years. ( we have been together since very young so its a different timeline than most). Thought we would get married 'one day' but last year it became ' want to get married now'

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How has your 'waiting' been? Roller coaster of ups (really really antsy), mids (don't really care), and lows (resentment, annoyance)? Or just a steady up of being antsy? A middle ground?

I have a totally weird roller coaster. I get antsy so easily. Every time I feel madly in love with him (which is often), I get antsy. :knockout: Then I reach the climax of my roller coaster and go on a free-fall drop, like the Superman at 6 Flags Magic Mountain, and reach a low of resentment and annoyance…. and slowly build myself up to a mid. And then we spend time together, and I get antsy all over again. :twirl: :twirl:

Dis stuff be drivin' me mad!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I've been "waiting" for 4 years...but not with current SO, that had more to do with my first engagement ending and it was just so sad for me because I REALLY wanted to be married and start that part of my life.

As far as current SO...we got serious pretty quickly, he's a bit older than me and we're both in our 30's (or at least I will be in about 2 weeks :-o :cheeky: ). So I think within about the first 3-4 months we knew where we were headed, but I'd say I've been "in waiting" for a year. It's been almost exactly one year since we were on a trip together and at dinner one night he just laid it all out saying he wanted to get married, definitely wanted another child etc...and needed to know if I was on the same page.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I was definitely antsy at times! I want to be married, and I sometimes felt (for about 2-3 years) impatient waiting to grow into what I (and SO) deemed an acceptable position to do so!

I'm sure antsy will return as the section of the year we have air marked for these events looms! :twirl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
mmm I guess we started talking about it a year ago? Close to when I finally joined here after lurking for quite some time. Bought the ring in September and have *really* been waiting since then! Some days I am definitely like "wtf do we even need to get married for, neither of us know where we are going to be working after graduation yadda yadda yadda" then I think of reasons I lurve him and of the shiny ring that is waiting for me and get all sappy again :wacko:

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
I've been waiting for about 4 or 5 months, which means it was about 3.5 years into our relationship when we started talking about marriage.

The initial few months were kind of awkward because I'd always believed I didn't want to ever get married so when I told SO that I was thinking about it, I had to basically admit that I'd done a complete 180. Things are fine now though. The process is well underway and we've talked about it happening within the next year or so, so I'm not antsy at all - just excited :)

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I put my name on the list rather prematurely. We hadn't even started looking at diamonds yet. I think I was just overly excited. I *officially* started waiting after the ring was complete last July. I don't want to count the months, because then I'll become resentful all over again.

Good news is that I think it should be happening soon!!!! :appl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Caprine, I'm so happy that you think it's going to happen soon! :appl:

As for me, I have been on the list about 3 years. But, I joined rather prematurely too. We have been together almost 6 years and started looking at rings, diamonds, and making serious plans about 3 years ago when I first joined. But we were young and I'm glad we didn't get engaged back then.

I'm going to say that my official waiting time has been 4 months. Four months ago is when we moved into our house and finally checked everything off the Pre-Engagement To-Do List.

vintagelover

Rough_Rock
I started to get the itch around 3 years, but I think I officially started waiting at about 4 years - at 4 years in I made a comment on how I didnt want to wait another 4 years... well... I have now been waiting just over 5 years.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover|1361995014|3391975 said:
I started to get the itch around 3 years, but I think I officially started waiting at about 4 years - at 4 years in I made a comment on how I didnt want to wait another 4 years... well... I have now been waiting just over 5 years.

Hugs to you, vintagelover! You must have been absolutely twisting this past year.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results