shape
carat
color
clarity

How long would you go in colour for rose gold solitaire?

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I'm craving some rose gold in my life and a small solitaire is what I have in mind (around 0.3-0.4 carat). I have heard though that high colours are not as worth it when setting in rose gold as the diamond will take some of the warmth. How low do you think is ok in this size because I was thinking maybe a J? Oh and it would be a whiteflash ACA diamond so the cut would be top of the range :)

I find J pretty white to my eye so I would be fine going even lower especially ay that size (and depending on the stone of course). My personal preference would be for a K or L that is Faint Brown. I think that the brown tint looks great in RG and faces up whiter!

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I find J pretty white to my eye so I would be fine going even lower especially ay that size (and depending on the stone of course). My personal preference would be for a K or L that is Faint Brown. I think that the brown tint looks great in RG and faces up whiter!

Ah yes I totally forgot about tint! I'm guessing that the brown tint would give it more of a rosey look, I bet it would look so nice!!! Thank you :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’d go super low, as I love warm diamonds, but I think down to M faces up ivory. Below that you start to get noticeable tint (which I enjoy, anyway).

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, i agree a well cut K or L with brown tint looks excellent in rose gold.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
J/K color in modern L/M in antique

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I prefer whiter diamonds but have some rose gold jewelry and would not pay extra to go above a G.

For a setting that has a lot of rose gold surrounding the diamond, I would go down to a K. For a setting that sits high up and just has prongs touching the diamond I would stick to H and higher, knowing that the color will be visible from the side. Agree with @AllAboardTheBlingTrain that brown tint is nice with RG.

I know @sugarcloud is going for ACA but for anyone else reading this thread I agree with @Fancygems that an old cut could go much lower if you are looking for an antique style. Same for rose cut. Also if the person wearing the ring likes whiter diamonds and they were only going to get one special diamond and not any others in the foreseeable future, then still get them that white diamond. Adding a rose gold setting does not make a diamond look whiter. The RG just pairs well with warm diamonds. You will still see the yellow/brown tint.

Come back and pst pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are talking about a solitaire setting, I would always do the prongs in white metal if using a rose or yellow gold shank. The white metal prongs are more invisible and will not be a problem reflecting in the stone. I think I color would be good. You may see more tint in a J. An ACA will be beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results