shape
carat
color
clarity

How long from picking stone to taking ring home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
Any ideas what the time frame is from selecting and purchasing a stone to having it set in a "pre-made" setting (i.e., not custom) and having the ring completed? My guess is a week or two to order the setting and set the stone, but truly, I have no idea. Thanks!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of it depends on the dimensions of the stone. Stock settings are made to fit stones in increments of size, and if your stone falls between those increments, it may take a bit longer to either custom make a head for your ring, or rework the existing head to accommodate it.

It will also depend on where you're getting the setting from. A lot of chain jewelers (Robbins Bros. comes to mind) advertise "set while you wait," where if you're sending it off to a vendor out of town, the turnaround time will be at minimum a week, most likely.

If the stone and setting come from the same vendor, can't you just call and ask?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
If it is a stone they have there they can have it set and sized in about a week... they can rush it if you need it sooner. Hope this helps! Best wishes!
35.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
FI ordered mine through a local jeweler, but my diamond was in between stock sizes, so they have to make it for my diamond. It took 4 weeks from the time FI ordered it until he got it. Hope this helps!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
At the B&M we used, it took about 5 days.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine was about 4-6 weeks, not custom - if I remember right, the reason it took so long was that the stone was shipped to the setting manufacturer to be set.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Mine was 5 days, but they asked when he wanted to pick it up. It didn''t need to be really quick for any particualr reason, so they just chose the date they would have it ready. I imagine it could have been even less time. They had the setting on site which makes it faster.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It depends on the manufactor. Stuller pieces and Adwar pieces come in rather quickly (couple of days) while Vatche pieces can take a few weeks. It also depends on whether they set pieces in house, and when the benchman is in.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
If you''ve selected a setting that fits the stone, then its just a matter of setting the stone...some places can do this in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results