shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does USPS Registered Mail take!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I sent my ring and cashier''s check to Whiteflash on April 6 (last Wednesday) and they STILL haven''t received it yet! The man at the post office told me it would only take 2-3 days!!!

Should I be concerned or am I overreacting!

I sent them the ring with my husband''s great-grandfather''s 0.38 diamond in it!

Aaargh!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you not have any tracking info to check?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have the tracking info, you can track it on their website. I hope it''s ok.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 1:24:44 PM
Author:jellybean
I sent my ring and cashier's check to Whiteflash on April 6 (last Wednesday) and they STILL haven't received it yet! The man at the post office told me it would only take 2-3 days!!!

I sent them the ring with my husband's great-grandfather's 0.38 diamond in it!

Aaargh!
There isn't really a set time because the packed is actually placed under lock and key when it's not moving.

I shipped my ring back to WF on a Friday from just outside Boston, MA last May, and they received it the following Tuesday - only a couple of days later.

My guess is that even though you shipped it on Wednesday, it may not have moved much until the weekend. It's easier for them to move packages on the weekend when there are no "overnight/priority" constraints like during the week. Chances are they will get it today or tomorrow, I'd bet.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
When I''ve sent stuff by USPS registered mail, it''s taken it like a week or so to make it there. It''s SLOW.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
The post office told me that registered UPS takes a week. Give it until tomorrow. I''m sure it will be OK.
35.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I feel a little better. I keep checking via the tracking number and the only thing it says the date I dropped it off at the post office on the 6th.
8.gif
I asked Whiteflash to call me when they get it. I thought registered mail was faster b/c it doesn''t go with the regular mail. I wish I could have overnighted it, but Whiteflash would only accept registered mail.

I am sending it from the suburbs of Chicago. I just am anxious to see if they can set the new diamond in my existing setting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
2-3 days? That seems awfully short for them to tell you that..normally they say about a week or so...though mine took over a week to get from CA to NY in the past.

Don''t panic...I''m sure it will be there in the next few days.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve sent rings to Whiteflash twice from NY and it took about a week each time.
I am sure that there is a tracking number. Look at your receipt and just look it up at usps.com.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It took my ring 10 days to get to Richard Sherwood in Florida....don''t worry, it will show up though i know how painful the wait is
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 1:55:29 PM
Author: jellybean
I thought registered mail was faster b/c it doesn''t go with the regular mail. I wish I could have overnighted it, but Whiteflash would only accept registered mail.
Nope, it''s actually slower, but safer because when it''s not moving, the packaged is locked in a secured area away from general freight.

The reason most vendors specific registered mail is because it IS insured, unlike other services, and therefore minimizes the possibility of financial loss to their clients.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2005 1:24:44 PM
Author:jellybean
I sent my ring and cashier''s check to Whiteflash on April 6 (last Wednesday) and they STILL haven''t received it yet! The man at the post office told me it would only take 2-3 days!!!

I sent them the ring with my husband''s great-grandfather''s 0.38 diamond in it!

Aaargh!
don''t worry,USPS reg is the best way to ship,very slow but safe.one time a vendor from Montana send me a pair of earrings,it took 14 days
23.gif
to get to Cal.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto what everyone else said about registered mail taking longer...plus, sometimes I don''t know why the USPS even BOTHERS to offer tracking because 9 times out of 10, I never see any tracking info put onto their site until AFTER the package has already arrived DAYS and DAYS later.
20.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
A week to 10 days is not unusual.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! They finally got the ring Tuesday night (almost a whole week)! I can''t wait to get my new stone! Hopefully it won''t take that long for them to send it to me.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad they got it!! Can''t wait to see your ring, it will be here before you know it!!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Glad it arrived.

This is actually why I''ve sent most of my small valuable items by Express mail. I figure the security of knowing it''s supposed to get there overnight balances out the security of Registered mail.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results