shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it really take for a ring to be ready?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
We should be purchasing the ring in a week or two. Our jeweler told me it would take 3 weeks after purchase before the ring was ready for pick up. I'm getting super antsy. Is 3 weeks just an estimate or does it really take that long?

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not totally sure, but that sounds like it could be about right to me. When my FF and I were thinking about going with a Tacori setting, we were told that it would take a month or longer.

Of course, some places will give you the absolute maximum amount of time, just in case it actually takes that long - even if they expect it done sooner, they often don't want to promise something that they may not be able to deliver. On the other hand though, it COULD take even longer.

I would probably assume that it was going to take the full three weeks, just so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Good luck, and I'm sure that your finished ring will be very beautiful! :)

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I would say 3 weeks is about right.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It will probably actually take that long. Mine took 4 weeks. My friend is ordering a ring for his GF and they told him 3 weeks (same jewelry store). So that timeing sounds about right.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I had a custom ring made for me. They said it would be three weeks, and it was. Three weeks from the day I placed the order till it was at my door. Did you get it from an online vendor, or from a B&M store?

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
My setting was custom (but simple) and it took about 2.5 weeks.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
It's different for each ring and brand. My e-ring was custom made and took 6 weeks ..

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I think it makes a difference by who you are going through. Mine was custom and supposed to take 2-3 weeks and we recieved it today so it was just under 2 weeks which was very short and sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet to me :tongue:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
The setting we picked is Tacori. It's about 4 to 6 weeks, so count yourself lucky.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
How about asking them for a "loaner" ring! :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Yep, it really does take that long to make an e-ring.

Your ring is not the only one being made so it goes to the back of the line, if they are really busy it can be a while before they get to it.
If there was some sort of great hurry and your ring was top priority, it would only take a couple of days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results