shape
carat
color
clarity

How Long Before The Proposal?

How long were you together before the proposal? Your/Her Answer?

• >5 Years. We''re engaged/married!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 4-5 Years. We''re engaged/married!

• >5 Years. Things fell through. :-(

• 3-4 Years. We''re engaged/married!

• 4-5 Years. Things fell through. :-(

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RowingMunkeyCU

Rough_Rock
Out of curiousity, how long were you and your significant other together before the proposal? Did you/she accept?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a 7 year answer????

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 10:39:59 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Is there a 7 year answer????
Just looking for the same option! LOL... Hasn''t happened yet, but it''s on schedule for next month, which will be 7.5 years! Glad I''m not alone!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Together 3 years, 1 month at proposal time. We''ve now been together for 4 years.

Of course I said yes... but then our relationship is of the variety that a proposal wouldn''t be "unexpected" to the point that there would be any question what the answer would be.

In my opinion (and for my own relationship), if there were any question what the answer will/would be, then the relationship isn''t marriage-ready.

Not that you asked
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We met in October ''03, moved in together (bought a condo) in Dec. ''05, became engaged in May ''07, and our wedding is in July ''08.

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 11:02:47 AM
Author: musey
Together 3 years, 1 month at proposal time. We''ve now been together for 4 years.

Of course I said yes... but then our relationship is of the variety that a proposal wouldn''t be ''unexpected'' to the point that there would be any question what the answer would be.

In my opinion (and for my own relationship), if there were any question what the answer will/would be, then the relationship isn''t marriage-ready.

Not that you asked
2.gif
I completely agree with you

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t vote yet seeing as how I''m not engaged, but I would guess probably 2-4 year range. We hit 2 years in April/May and while we''ve looked at rings, I know there hasn''t been any movement in that area. We''ve almost lived together a year-official tomorrow! But his grad school is whats holding it all back...I''ll guess and say closer to when that is over and done.
25.gif
25.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got engaged on our 1.5 year dating anniversary. We celebrate years and half-years and already knew what date we wanted as our wedding date so we just planned when we''d get engaged to make it all work out.

Over here (England) it seems that people in my generation date longer before getting engaged. We''ve been together almost 5 years in total and two sets of his friends have been together just as long as us with no plans for engagement. I read some place (Brides magazine I think) that almost a third of people meet their partner in university and the average ages of marriage are around 31/32 for females and 33/34 for males.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got engaged after going out for 8 years and 3 months. We''re getting married one month before our ten year anniversary. For the first 6 years of our relationship we were both in school/college and then we wanted to work for a while before we got engaged, so for us, it was the perfect time.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were together for 3 years and 3 months when he proposed. I found that many people were shocked that we weren''t engaged after the 2 year mark, which seemed strange to me because we were just doing things when they were right for us.

Ditto what Musey said, too, by the way.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
We were just shy of the 7 year mark (he proposed on xmas, february will be 7 years). We had gone from people starting to ask "so are you married yet" to "are you ever going to get married" to just getting sick of asking the question at all. It seems like the 3 year mark was the beginning of the asking "are you engaged?" Then after 5 years, people just got used to the idea that we were taking our time. (Well except for his mom!!) I was 18 when we started dating, so really for the first 5 years of our relationship I wasn''t really ready. He''s a couple of years older than me (21 when we started dating) and I think he finally realized he wasn''t getting any younger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results