color
clarity

How is your diet going?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
missy|1454770689|3987689 said:
stepcutnut|1454770274|3987684 said:
Great work cflutist!

Missy-thanks for the suggestions!!! Most of what I've tried for fermented veggies just doesn't taste good and therefore doesn't get eaten. Which herbal Krauts have you tried that you like?

Hi Stepcutnut, it's called i-Boost Herbal Kraut. I get it locally at my health food store in the refrigerator section.
Hi Missy-I don't see that one on there website and our local health food store doesn't carry many options, so I will keep my eye out for it when we are traveling.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stepcutnut said:
Great work cflutist!

Missy-thanks for the suggestions!!! Most of what I've tried for fermented veggies just doesn't taste good and therefore doesn't get eaten. Which herbal Krauts have you tried that you like?

Hi Stepcutnut, it's called i-Boost Herbal Kraut. I get it locally at my health food store in the refrigerator section.
Hi Missy-I don't see that one on there website and our local health food store doesn't carry many options, so I will keep my eye out for it when we are traveling.

I found it for you on Amazon.
Hope this link works. On my phone.
http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Sauerkraut-I-boost-Variety-Glass/dp/B00IB1TGNC

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
missy|1454772642|3987699 said:
stepcutnut said:
Great work cflutist!

I found it for you on Amazon.
Hope this link works. On my phone.
http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Sauerkraut-I-boost-Variety-Glass/dp/B00IB1TGNC
Thanks! I hadn't began the online search yet :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut, Gypsy, Missy:

Thank you for your kind words. Good luck to all of you as well.

Gypsy:
Thank you for posting the low carb recipes, I may just try some of them in the future.
On my last cruise, I did have some very good sugar free ice cream, and a wonderful sugar
free chocolate mousse cake.
Yes, low-carb can be challenging at times, especially when DH has sweets EVERY morning
He is overweight, but all of his blood tests are fine. He eats LOTS of red meat as well (while I eat fish).

On my last cruise it took lots of willpower and determination to not have a single pastry for breakfast.
They would come by with the tray every morning and one day I just broke down and cried :(

I even sent a picture of this to my PCP because I am so angry that my genetics suck.

Missy,
I hope you are doing well too as I know you had surgery as well.

west_coast_cruise_october_2015_465.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh cflutist, I don't know if I could of withstood that daily assault! Well done!! :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was doing so well until my husband made Samoa brownies yesterday and then I've been sick so I bought a bucket of chicken noodle soup from Costco.

The Paleo fairy will make me pay dearly for all this indiscretion tomorrow ;(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
cflutist|1454785747|3987782 said:
Stepcutnut, Gypsy, Missy:

Thank you for your kind words. Good luck to all of you as well.

Gypsy:
Thank you for posting the low carb recipes, I may just try some of them in the future.
On my last cruise, I did have some very good sugar free ice cream, and a wonderful sugar
free chocolate mousse cake.
Yes, low-carb can be challenging at times, especially when DH has sweets EVERY morning
He is overweight, but all of his blood tests are fine. He eats LOTS of red meat as well (while I eat fish).

On my last cruise it took lots of willpower and determination to not have a single pastry for breakfast.
They would come by with the tray every morning and one day I just broke down and cried :(

I even sent a picture of this to my PCP because I am so angry that my genetics suck.

Missy,
I hope you are doing well too as I know you had surgery as well.

OMG. I don't blame you. I would have cried too. ((HUGE))) hugs. The shortbread cookies are good too if you need something crunchy. Let me know if I can help you with more recipes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1454988911|3988639 said:
I was doing so well until my husband made Samoa brownies yesterday and then I've been sick so I bought a bucket of chicken noodle soup from Costco.

Stephanie, don't beat yourself up about indulging a little. Any diet will fail if you are so strict and don't allow yourself a little treat now and then. It can set you up for a binge later on if it is a very prohibitive diet. Healthy eating is all about feeling good and well and a part of that is feeling well in your head and strict denial is not a good thing in general IMO.

Just start eating clean today and don't give another thought about yesterday. Just another reason I don't believe in diets per se. They are too strict for forever way of eating in general. It's OK to enjoy a treat now and then especially because you were sick- I'm sorry about that and hope you are feeling better now.

My thought is don't deny yourself anything as long as you do it in moderation as long as you don't have a health issue (i.e. Celiac Disease, Diabetes etc. that contraindicates that specific food. Otherwise allow yourself a little treat when you really want it. IMO.

Remember today is another day and sending you positive vibes for good health!

Cheryl, that food looks amazing. Good for you for not wavering. When I am tempted by certain foods I think about how I will feel after I eat and if I still want it then I have it but often that does the trick for me. Feeling sluggish and yucky is enough incentive to pass on certain food like bagels for example. I love them but they do not love me. I'm right with you not liking those darn genes responsible for what we can and cannot eat. ;(

Thanks for the good wishes. I am doing well with my recovery. I cannot believe how long it takes the surgical incisions to heal though. Crazy. And going through metal detectors is an adventure now haha. I am so glad you are doing well and enjoying life again. That was a scary time and I am glad it is past (and hope it stays that way) both of us!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yes, the gluten on a stomach that hasn't had any for so long!

I found that a really good probiotic helps! If you have a sprouts or health food store nearby, Jarrow makes a pretty good one.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1455018835|3988720 said:

Cheryl, that food looks amazing. Good for you for not wavering. When I am tempted by certain foods I think about how I will feel after I eat and if I still want it then I have it but often that does the trick for me. Feeling sluggish and yucky is enough incentive to pass on certain food like bagels for example. I love them but they do not love me. I'm right with you not liking those darn genes responsible for what we can and cannot eat. ;(

Thanks for the good wishes. I am doing well with my recovery. I cannot believe how long it takes the surgical incisions to heal though. Crazy. And going through metal detectors is an adventure now haha. I am so glad you are doing well and enjoying life again. That was a scary time and I am glad it is past (and hope it stays that way) both of us!

Ha Ha, the three titanium plates and 14 screws holding my craniotomy bone flap to my skull have not set off a metal detector yet :dance:
I am assuming that mine are a lot smaller than yours. Continued positive thoughts to you and all of us for healthy lives.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1454687737|3987206 said:
I have been attempting low-carb since January 2015.

Started the year at 142 lbs (5'4" short person, age 59).

Diagnosed with a brain tumor on Jan 31st, so cranked up the exercise a bit (at least 10K steps a day).

Entered the hospital in March for my craniotomy at 137 lbs.

Even ate low-carb while in the hospital:

Got a call from Food Services telling me that I didn't order any pasta with the sauce, :lol:

That operation set me back in the exercise department for several months, had PT and OT at the house to learn to walk again.
The initial Percocet and the meds after that I was taking for my nerve pain on my scalp was causing OIC so dessert after dinner was a bowl of bran cereal with almond milk.

Continued on quasi low-carb and got down to 130 lbs when I was diagnosed with diabetes (as if a brain tumor was not enough for 2015) A1c of 6.5 (6.4 is pre-diabetic). PCP said I would not have to do meds for blood sugar until A1c reached 7.0, yet I am still considered diabetic. Now it was time to get really serious about low-carb.

Cheated at Christmas and had slices of tiramisu for breakfast (in lieu of, not in addition to) or Chocolate Mint ice cream for lunch.

I stopped the meds for the nerve pain (still sends out weird signals but not the burning, searing pain earlier) and thus could stop the bowl of bran cereal (still 24 grams of carbs) every night.

Breakfast is plain bowl of oatmeal and a handful of berries (blue, black, or raspberry). Eggs when I go into the local Police Dept to volunteer (don't know how long I would be working and need protein).

Lunch is a microwave meal or a can of low-calorie Progresso soup paying attention to the carbs on the labels.

Dinner is grilled fish, roasted veggies, spinach. No potatoes, pasta, rice, corn. Once in a great while, beef.
Hubby made us steaks for Christmas so I wouldn't have beef all week if it were a prime rib roast.

The potatoes in the picture were for my hubby.

Started January of 2016 at 129 pounds and am now at 125 (BMI = 21.5). My goal is 120 lbs (BMI 20.6), so I still have 5 pounds to go,
but am finding that those 5 are the most difficult. Basically slow and steady for me, no yo-yo dieting.

Forgot to mention, I snack on cashews, and treat myself to one square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate (3 grams of carbs, less than 1 g of sugar) every other day. Beverages are unsweetened Peppermint tea, and ICE.

Many hugs!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Considering I'm six and a half months pregnant, my weight is going up, rather than down! I'm up 15lbs, which is pretty good. I'm trying to keep my total gain to 20-25lbs. I started off at a normal weight, but about 10-15lbs heavy for myself, so I don't want to gain too much. I've managed not to gain too much my counting my calories to keep myself accountable and cutting back on carbs.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not diet, just cut down - eat less and exercise more etc...

I lost the weight I gained during my trip in HK in November and the excesses in December by the end of Fri 05 Feb.

However, I am sure I have gained it all back due to being holiday and celebrations.

Not so much with food (they did not help I am sure), however, I am having my multi-night annual fix at my favourite cocktail bar, tonight being the last of a 3-nighter, and I do not sit around taking up a seat for just one or two! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

DK :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI for those interested I thought this might be helpful.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-23421/how-to-eat-for-your-best-skin-ever.html?utm_source=mbg&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=160216-how-to-eat-for-your-best-skin-ever

Growing up, we were told to eat our greens, but this was only partly right. While green vegetables are a powerhouse of healthful properties, having the other colors in our diet is just as important.

Brightly colored foods contain naturally occurring phytochemicals, which are responsible for giving food its color — the fire-engine red of tomatoes; the deep purple hue of blueberries — and also play important roles in protecting our health and staving off chronic disease: mopping up inflammation, slowing down premature aging, supporting sight, protecting the brain, and assisting our immune system.

Yet for many of us, the color beige is the mainstay of our plates. Foods like cereal, pasta, rice, pastries, chicken and bread often dominate our meals. These foods, especially when processed or bleached, offer much lower levels and less variety of nutrients than we need to keep healthy.

I’m not saying don’t eat them, but I am saying aim for the rainbow when it comes to your daily food choices.

Research has shown that our diets should be predominantly plant-based, and so ensuring that we include plant foods in each meal is an important habit to embrace. Every cell in our body survives on the nutrients it is fed — plant foods are the richest sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and those color-giving phytonutrients, which form their own cool little health-defending gang.

When humans were predominantly hunter-gatherers we ate more than 800 different varieties of plant foods. These days, we have a very limited choice, especially when shopping in supermarkets.

But at farmers markets you’ll find the more unusual forms of our everyday foods, such as purple carrots, golden beets, yellow zucchini, orange tomatoes, and purple broccoli — there really is a wider variety out there to shake us out of our color comfort zone.

Many experts advise us to eat five portions of fruits and vegetables per day, but they don’t stipulate that they need to be in a natural, unprocessed form. And I believe that we really need much, much more. I encourage you to eat three portions of fruit per day, one per meal (a portion being a small handful), and two to three portions of vegetables at each meal, reaching as far and wide in color as possible.

As you go through your day, try to mentally tick off the different colors you are eating. And see where you could possibly add in an extra burst.

For example, a salad doesn’t have to be only lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and a dressing. Throw in some other dark leafy greens like spinach, broccoli, brightly colored peppers, red cabbage, carrots, beets, and creamy green avocado, too. If you’re making oatmeal for breakfast, toss in some fresh berries or make a smoothie with one fruit and three or four different vegetables. It’s easy once you start.

And while on the subject of plant foods, wherever possible try to buy local, in season, and organic produce so that your plants are as unadulterated as possible, which means more nutrients and the best flavor.

As a general rule, the darker, deeper, or brighter the color, the more nutrients the food contains. The four main color groups to aim for are red, green, purple/blue, and orange/yellow — try to get a good mix of these throughout the day.

So here’s how to de-beige your diet ...

PICK SOMETHING RED

Like what? Tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, red or pink apples, rhubarb, red grapes, watermelons, radishes, cranberries, beets, guava, cherries, pomegranates, pink grapefruit, chilies, and red bell peppers.

Why? Red or pink foods are rich in vitamin C. A lot of them (tomatoes, peppers, watermelons, and pink grapefruit) contain lycopene, a powerful health-boosting antioxidant that has been shown to help protect against certain cancers.

There are hugely exciting scientific advances occurring at the moment that are revealing the full transformative impact eating well can have on your health. One study — from Harvard Medical School — found that men who eat a lycopene-rich diet can reduce their risk of prostate cancer by 35 percent.

As a nutritional therapist, these studies bring me such joy because it’s wonderful to see the results of a healthy diet locked down in science. Studies also show that our bodies absorb lycopene more effectively when the food has been heated, so roasted tomatoes are healthier than raw ones (although raw ones are still incredibly good for us).

Healthy fats, like coconut oil or olive oil, for example, enhance the absorption of lycopene even further. So roasted cherry tomatoes drizzled with a little olive oil will pack a real nutritional punch.

Then there’s anthocyanins, pigments that give red fruits and vegetables their color. Studies show they can help to reduce our risk of cancer, improve heart health and vision, reduce your risk of strokes, improve brain function, and prevent urinary tract infections.

PICK SOMETHING GREEN

Like what? Where do I begin? There are so many greens to choose from, including spinach, kale, arugula, lettuce, asparagus, leeks, avocados, watercress, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, green peppers, green beans, green apples, kiwi fruit, green grapes, Brussels sprouts, cabbages, sugar snap peas, and celery. Plus, herbs like mint, parsley, tarragon, and basil.

Why? Naturally green foods contain chlorophyll, the pigment found in dark green vegetables and algae, which gives them their color. The health benefits of chlorophyll are said to include replenishing red blood cells, which can improve energy, increasing blood flow and oxygen in blood and improving digestion, and studies have even suggested it can help reduce cancer risk.

Green foods are also full of folate, vitamin K, potassium, iron, calcium, and beta-carotene and contain the nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin, which studies suggest can help to improve eye health and reduce age-related macular degeneration (which can eventually lead to blindness).

PICK SOMETHING PURPLE/BLUE

Like what? Blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, plums, prunes, red onions, red cabbage, eggplant, purple grapes, and purple cauliflower.

Why? Like some red fruits, purple and deep-blue foods are colored by the phytochemicals anthocyanins. One study found that blueberries — considered to have one of the highest antioxidant contents of all fruits and vegetables — may slow down breast cancer cell growth.

And resveratrol, found mainly in black grapes, “mops up” potentially harmful and aging free radicals in the environment and can help to reduce inflammation in the body and slow the aging process.

PICK SOMETHING ORANGE/ YELLOW

Like what? Pumpkins, apricots, all types of melons, peaches, sweet potatoes, carrots, yellow and orange peppers, grapefruit, mangoes, papayas, turnips, nectarines, sweet corn, satsumas, oranges, bananas, and butternut squash. Plus, spices like turmeric.

Why? Yellow and orange foods are a great source of vitamin C; plus, they often contain beta-carotene, converted by the body to vitamin A, which can help improve digestive health and vision. Some orange and yellow foods (mangoes, peaches, peppers, nectarines, and citrus fruits, for example) also contain beta-cryptoxanthin, which can help to protect respiratory health and improve bone growth, vision, and immunity.

Like lycopene, these types of carotenoids are absorbed more efficiently when eaten with fat, so roast some squash with coconut oil or sprinkle a few nuts over your melon.

Pineapple is a good source of bromelain, which is a digestive-boosting enzyme, and citrus fruits have been shown to protect against breast and skin cancer.

Last, but by no means least, there’s turmeric, one of my absolute favorite ingredients to cook with. This bright yellow spice has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help brain function, immunity, and digestive health, and it’s fantastic for warding off seasonal coughs and colds.

I don’t encourage any kind of obsessions around food, be it counting calories or weighing protein portions — and that also goes for colors. Don’t get hung up on it, just observe the colors on your plate each day, and when shopping try to pick up fruits and vegetables that you haven’t tried before and to extend your variety of colors. That’s all I ask — because the food we eat can quickly, quietly, and powerfully make great changes to our health.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
lost 26 pounds in a little over a month.
Mostly just replaced breakfast/lunch with a bowl of oatmeal then have my normal dinner.
I also cut back on Pepsi slightly.

I rarely if ever ate more than 2 meals a day since I was kid.
I cant stand eating for a few hours after waking up.

I did kinda blew my diet today, had a couple donuts for lunch. :naughty:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hesitant to add to this thread, but I hit a milestone in my weight loss journey this morning.

As some of you know, I had a baby the first week of September. [emoji177] Last year I'd gained weight over the holidays with the understanding that a hard core diet and exercise program would await me after the new year... Wellllll... I found out I was expecting Jan 3! Change of plan!

I gained about 48 lbs on top of the 10 I'd gained prior, so safe to say I'd gained SIXTY POUNDS. [emoji15]

I started a ketogenic meal plan on 10/26, and I'm back to my pre-holiday/pre-pregnancy weight as of today! Thank goodness!

Now the challenge of getting another 25 lb off will be the most difficult... But I'm ready!

Congrats to everyone! [emoji1303]

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations MSOP! (on the pregnancy and the weight loss)

I'm going into week 3 of my biannual "clean" eating period. Usually late winter, post Christmas excesses and cold weather inactivity, and September, I take a month or two off from alcohol, sugar, refined carbs etc. I lose some weight, and kind of detox and recharge my nutritional banks. I can't sustain the super clean eating long term (I like food and cocktails waaaaaay too much!), so this has become my pattern.

dk168|1455362790|3990476 said:
Not so much with food (they did not help I am sure), however, I am having my multi-night annual fix at my favourite cocktail bar, tonight being the last of a 3-nighter, and I do not sit around taking up a seat for just one or two! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

DK :bigsmile:

This sounds fun DK, and I'm intrigued! I have an interest in vintage cocktails and tiki culture. Care to share the cocktail bar name? (and I understand if not, I get that revealing location info is sometimes a privacy issue)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had Baskin Robbins for dinner last night.

Back on the wagon today.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1455731075|3992119 said:
I had Baskin Robbins for dinner last night.

Back on the wagon today.

Excellent choice, :appl: that is what I had for lunch during the Christmas holidays.

Have lost only .5 pounds since my last post. BMI = 21.4.
Why are the last 5 pounds so difficult?

And how is it that Karl lost 26 pounds in one month?
Hey, I eat plain oatmeal with a handful of blueberries/blackberries for breakfast.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are all so good to (mainly) stick to your resolutions! I have had two kids, so I know how hard it can be to loose those baby pounds :wall: Now, I'm not so good as I was then, so still 5 pounds to loose from Christmas - i.e. have not lost a single one, LOL. Think I will have to get back to my old-tried-and-tested method of low carb (I love fruits). That always works for me, vegetables, fisk, lean meat. No fruit, rice, potatoes etc. And no oatmeal, at least for me that is to much carbs. Leaves me hungry all day. Although it might be vanity punds, I still really want to loose them. Partly because if you gain 5 pounds several times without loosing them again - soon its 25 pounds over a year, and that simply will not do! :shifty: Also, I feel so much better when I'm "in shape" and have more energy that way. Besides - maybe a little summer-holiday-in-my-bikini has started to set in already, hahahaha..
Best wishes to you all! May we be strong and healthy in 2016 :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1454631251|3986943 said:
I'm doing Paleo, been at it since 2 weeks before Halloween. I lost 70lbs after my first son eating clean and now that I've had my second I need to lose 80lbs (damn pregnancy cravings. I started at 217, at 174 and aiming to get to 140.

You guys are all doing great, it's tough some days but it will be worth it!

I started on Paleo about three weeks ago. I was a basket case after the winter "ice cream diet and processed food" diet - depressed and sitting watching TV way too much. WIthin a few days I was much better and now have so much energy. The hardest thing for me is to stick the diet now that I feel better, but my brain & body are loving Paleo.

Best to you StephanieLynn as you head for your goal.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
My big diet problem these days is dairy! I love cheese, ice cream, and lately have been binging on Fage 2% yogurt and Starbucks' flat white drink. I know something like 90% of the population is at least somewhat lactose intolerant and I know it's not good for me, but I can't stop! I have cut down on sugar, maybe that's what making me crave the richness of dairy.

I think fermented veggies might (hopefully?) help counteract some of the effects? Thanks for the links and info on fermented veggies above! If I can get to the farmer's market, I want to try my hand at homemade. My mother suggested warm lemon water with a bit of raw honey in the morning, has anyone tried that? I know it was popular with American celebs a couple years ago...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1455811574|3992573 said:
My big diet problem these days is dairy! I love cheese, ice cream, and lately have been binging on Fage 2% yogurt and Starbucks' flat white drink. I know something like 90% of the population is at least somewhat lactose intolerant and I know it's not good for me, but I can't stop! I have cut down on sugar, maybe that's what making me crave the richness of dairy.

I think fermented veggies might (hopefully?) help counteract some of the effects? Thanks for the links and info on fermented veggies above! If I can get to the farmer's market, I want to try my hand at homemade. My mother suggested warm lemon water with a bit of raw honey in the morning, has anyone tried that? I know it was popular with American celebs a couple years ago...

I'm not very good with dairy either. My tip is to try coconut milk or soy milk (organic!) in your coffee ;-) And green tea, without any milk that is. Just invest in finding one that you actually like, some of them tastes kid of funny.. :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1455802182|3992524 said:
StephanieLynn|1454631251|3986943 said:
I'm doing Paleo, been at it since 2 weeks before Halloween. I lost 70lbs after my first son eating clean and now that I've had my second I need to lose 80lbs (damn pregnancy cravings. I started at 217, at 174 and aiming to get to 140.

You guys are all doing great, it's tough some days but it will be worth it!

I started on Paleo about three weeks ago. I was a basket case after the winter "ice cream diet and processed food" diet - depressed and sitting watching TV way too much. WIthin a few days I was much better and now have so much energy. The hardest thing for me is to stick the diet now that I feel better, but my brain & body are loving Paleo.

Best to you StephanieLynn as you head for your goal.

Same to you! Paleo is really the only way of eating I've felt this good on but it can be tough to stick to and I've found I basically make all my own food which some days I just don't want to (insert whine here) so it does cost less but some days you just want carbs! Lol.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1455812627|3992578 said:

I'm not very good with dairy either. My tip is to try coconut milk or soy milk (organic!) in your coffee ;-) And green tea, without any milk that is. Just invest in finding one that you actually like, some of them tastes kid of funny.. :)

There is also almond milk which is my favorite of the three. Was eating bowls of bran flakes with almond milk for dessert to battle OIC when I got home from the hospital. Peet's (in CA) has almond milk, but I have soy when I'm at Starbucks.

Good luck to all of us.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
cflutist|1455732735|3992145 said:
And how is it that Karl lost 26 pounds in one month?
Hey, I eat plain oatmeal with a handful of blueberries/blackberries for breakfast.

I have a lot to lose lol
26lbs is not a lot comparatively.

I replaced a big meal with outmeal it fills me up with a fraction of the calories.
I have been cheating too much lately and haven't lost any more.
That left over pizza sure was gooooood!
Back to outmeal tomorrow.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist|1455815329|3992590 said:
Scandinavian|1455812627|3992578 said:

There is also almond milk which is my favorite of the three. Was eating bowls of bran flakes with almond milk for dessert to battle OIC when I got home from the hospital. Peet's (in CA) has almond milk, but I have soy when I'm at Starbucks.

Good luck to all of us.

Ooh I forgot that I love Califia Farms almond milk, but it got so expensive (and my husband doesn't drink it) that I stopped buying. Do you ladies have any favorite brands of soy or almond milk? I used to buy the shelf stable boxed kind, but then heard that those contain bad additives. I've yet to find a non-dairy ice cream I like, so I try to eat small (ok, medium) portions of Haagen-Dazs.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I heard somewhere that Ben and Jerry's is coming out with a dairy free ice cream. It might be out already, worth looking into if you need to be dairy free.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1455844063|3992757 said:
I think I heard somewhere that Ben and Jerry's is coming out with a dairy free ice cream. It might be out already, worth looking into if you need to be dairy free.

Now that would be very cool if it were almond or soy milk because I LOVE ice cream but can't
have the carbs (lactose sugar in milk products).

Don't have any favorite brands of almond or soy, we just buy what they have at Trader Joes in CA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results