shape
carat
color
clarity

how important are digital wedding pictures to you?

How big a consideration is that that your photographer provide digital images?

• have to have them

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • want to have them

• would rather have them

• its not important

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big a consideration is it that your photographer provides a cd or dvd of images when you are looking for one to shoot your wedding?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It wasn''t very important to me whether it''s digital or film photography, as long as the pictures are beautiful. What was important to me was getting the pictures on high-resolution CD or the negatives so we won''t have to pay a fortune for albums.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I really wanted digital pictures that I could create my own album with.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i had the same dilemma. We went with a photographer who is providing both...digital, film, color and black and white...she''ll make the call what to shoot in in the moment.
i took time to find her (even though the process drove me crazy as some of you can remember!)
we are sacrificing videographer in order to have a decent photog..

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Getting the digital files of our wedding pics was a must have for me. We got all of them like a week after the wedding- had prints made of lots of them, including TONS of the candids which I included in some thank-you notes that people loved (we sent people pics of themselves dancing at the wedding.)
I will confess that 9 months later I am still working on the album thing- but at least I have been able to order prints, have pics framed, etc.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
It was totally vital! We were able to see our photos online in a matter of days. My father bought the photos in raw and edited format on dvd (full res, of course). He''s going to make a wedding website with the pro and amateur shots. I like having control of the photos, it''s like getting the negatives but they''re not so fragile!

But most importantly I can put the dvd in my safe deposit box. Between being on all of our computers and having the dvd with the raw data in the bank, I know that no matter what disaster, we''ll always have our wedding photos. And since neither I nor my husband can remember much about the ceremony other than the look on the other person''s face... that''s a very good thing. (DH keeps trying to convince me that I really said ''obey''.
31.gif
)

9.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I would like them, but the photographer we have chosen uses film, and she swears by it...she is also an artist, so i think that has something to do with it--she doesn''t like something about digital images??

She does however convert them onto CD''s--it won''t be done as quickly as digital, but i am hoping the quality of the photo will make up for this fact.

This was a hard decision to make, pics are so important!

mrsotob

Rough_Rock
AFter seeing the digital albums we decided that we HAD to have digital photos...those albums are the best.
janinegirly,
we''re in the same boat.....sacrificed a videographer for more expensive photos.

dtnyc,
try mypublisher for your album, i heard it''s really easy and the albums are great...many times you can catch a 50% bargain on the albums and send them as gifts. We''re thinking of doing that for parent''s gifts since we can''t afford to buy one. Wish I would have known just how easy it was before we booked our photographer, but I was nervous about how it would turn out. But like i said, we can still do it for additional albums.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 8:37:36 PM
Author:strmrdr
How big a consideration is it that your photographer provides a cd or dvd of images when you are looking for one to shoot your wedding?
Well honey ;} how important is it to you? giggle :}

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 11:39:26 AM
Author: wifey2b

Date: 3/29/2007 8:37:36 PM
Author:strmrdr
Well honey ;} how important is it to you? giggle :}
Is there something you two are not telling?
27.gif
I''m itching to put match you to a date on the List...
31.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted digital pictures.

For a lot of the reasons that other people mentioned - easier to store, generally photographers give you rights to print, faster turn-around time usually.

Basically, I don''t trust photographers who refuse to go digital now. I think they are just in denial. I would worry that in 20 years, film will be so obsolete that it will be difficult/expensive to get prints made of 35mm negatives. With digital, I know I can convert the photos as formats change over the years.

The photographer we will probably go with is pricey, but still the best deal for 2 photographers, unlimited time, a book of full-page proofs, and all proofs on DVD.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My photographer is only doing digital for me - he''s a friend but also official photographer for one of the main UK political parties so I have worked with him for several years and have seen weddings he has done for others. I like the idea of working with someone who FI and I know really well so that the shots will reflect us and not just a wedding photographers standard numbers. He also knows he''ll get a good slapping if he suggests anything super-tacky!

I specifically requested high-res digital on cd-rom so that I can edit them and print them myself.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
No anchor31...there is nothing we are not telling you yet - giggle...we just talk about these things...we are both into photography as amateurs.
The only part that really is not important to me, is the album...to me they are way over-priced, but I also love to scrapbook, and is what I really would love to do with our wedding pictures...is to scrapbook them.
I have also been into making cards, so that might be an option for our thank you cards - using wedding pics of us...well maybe - I haven''t talked to Strm about it yet. :}

drk

Brilliant_Rock
All we had were digital photos. We specifically looked for a photographer who would do only digital and give us all the high-res photos afterwards. We met up with him a few days later to pick the photos that had the most promise, and he touched up only those (since we paid for the editing time by the hour) for us. It was a great solution since we''ve been digital photo buffs for years. We made up wedding albums to give to our immediate family members as thank you gifts after the fact, and they came out really well.

Good luck choosing!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
100% vital. Our entire lives are on our computers or on the internet, because our families and friends are spread out across the world. Pictures like that are meant to be shared, and those close to us will likely not make a trip back here post-wedding just to look at the pictures
3.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Not engaged yet, but I voted that a cd/dvd of images is a must-have...for the exact reason Indie said. That way I won''t have to worry about the album getting damaged.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Can I weigh in as someone with a BFA/MFA in fine art photography (though I dont make a living out of it!)? Anyway, for me, it will be good old fashioned film photos that I will want for my wedding photos. There is just a "quality" that film captures, that digital does not. It''s hard to put into words but it''s rather like comparing a TV show shot in film vs. video. If you know the difference, it''s a big difference in feeling. I think film tends to capture the essence better. Is more romantic, etc. To me, digital photography, though I do use it for my personal travel due to its ease of use, produces a sharper but "harder edged" image. I dont know if this makes sense but that''s my take on the differences. I do understand why people would want digital only - it''s easy, instant gratification, you can do your own printing, etc, but to me, it doesn''t look as soft and lovely and warm as good old fashioned film photography.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are super important to us. We are both okay with photoshop and like picking photos and making them b&w, sephia, etc. or changing the size, cropping, etc. We are getting about 4 cd''s worth of pictures in our package and no prints. Since a print only costs about 30 cents at the drug store we are saving tons of money by doing part of the work ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results