shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Determined Her Ring Size (or The Decoy Ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
Here''s how I found out my gf''s ring size for other''s reference. (This probably only applies if you are intending on surprising her with the e-ring.)

My gf does not wear any jewelry at all. She has earrings, but she does not change them from the gold hoops that she had in the day I met her. She might have a ring or two in her jewelry box, but I am not going to snoop to find out her ring size.

I had to find a way to determine her ring size so that she wouldn''t be without her e-ring immediately after receiving it. This happened to my buddy and it was stressful for his FI to go around informing people of their engagement with no ring to show off. I have read stories here where the guy measures her finger while sleeping, but this seemed like a fairly risky maneuver. I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to casually ask her ring size, but I was concerned that she wouldn''t even know what her size was(turns out I was right).

I found a link to a free finger sizer from Blue Nile and had that sent my way (link). I wasn''t exactly sure how I was going to use it, but I figured having more resources around me would make it easier.

At the same time, I was looking around for gifts to give her for Valentine''s Day. She had said that she wanted to start getting some nice jewelry, so I thuoght I could help her on her way. I started looking at tennis bracelets and I saw one at Signed Pieces that caught my eye (link). It was a little more than I wanted to spend at $1500, so I kept looking. That''s when I found a cute little sapphire ring for $300 (link). My concern once again was determining a ring size. I picked up the phone and called SP to see what they thought. They informed me about their 30 day return policy and that if there was an issue at all with the fit to send it back to them so they could resolve it. Sounded like great customer service, so I decided to buy the ring (BTW, it comes in size 6 by default).

The ring arrived and I gave it to my gf as a gift. To my delight, the ring fit her RH perfectly. Along with the ring, I also gave her the finger sizer so that she could figure out her other finger sizes for future purchases. During the course of playing with the sizer, it ended up on her LH and I could see that it was exactly the same size as her right. Awesome!! I have now accomplished one more step in getting the e-ring and I only spent $300!

I know that this technique of giving her a decoy ring might be too expensive for some, but I see it as killing two birds with one stone. I hope that this helps someone else who is struggling with this dilemma.

Tim

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
TBeck, that''s an AWESOME way to get her ring size! I like it!!! Heehee, I''m sure once your lady gets the whole story she''ll be even more appreciative of your sneakiness
1.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
What''s even sneakier is that after getting the decoy ring, she really will not suspect that an engagement ring is in her near future!
27.gif

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

Z.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats. You did a great job.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Hey, that was pretty good!!!

I''m trying to surprise my gf too, but for me, there''s no "holiday" comin up anytime soon, so I''m trying to rack my brain! I''ma check out that sizer thing though!

Good job!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
that is clever!

my boyfriend got me a tanzanite ring one year for christmas but he wanted it to fit my finger, knowing i only wear rings on my ring fingers, so he took one of my rings one day and went and tried to find out its size...the ring came and he was all excited about how "clever" he was to figure out exactly my ring size and even confessed to me how clever he had been with taking one of my rings and finding out,

so i put the ring on...well turned out he messed up with the ring sizer and he''d gotten me a size 8.5 when my ring finger is a size 6 ...hahaha... it was cute of him though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results