shape
carat
color
clarity

How has your ring size changed?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started out at a size 5 when I first got married. When I got my upgrade 5 years later it went up to a 5.5. Now with my latest upgrade (and 2 kids later) I find that I like the looseness of a 6.5, especially for my right hand! When will my fingers stop growing?! Has everyone else but me stayed consistently the same size since they first got their rings?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
It's gone from a 6 to a 6.5 currently, pretty minimal change over the course of 15 years or so, even with pretty big weight fluctuations.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My finger itself hasn't changed, but my knuckles are just getting bigger as I age. Arthritis and all.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My finger size (6.75) has been the same since my teenage years. I'm in my late 20s and I've never been pregnant.

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Mine has stayed pretty much consistent over the years. My ring finger on my left hand has shrunken just a tad (and maybe my others have too...I just don't pay much attention to them).

My right index and middle fingers are larger because I used to play basketball and jammed them all of the time...I hate that.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring size has been a 5.5 since I was a teenager. I'll be 31 tomorrow.
My weight hasn't really fluctuated much, either, so I imagine that has something to do with it.
I've never been pregnant.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a 5.5 for years until I had a baby. Now I'm a 6.5. My original e-ring still fits but it's just very tight.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers tend to fluctuate by about half a size; generally LH from 3.75 to 4.25 and RH from 4.25 to 4.75. I find it's best to leave some metal (if it's a pave style) in the rings or to just have plain metal rings to re-size later if one needs to, or alternatively to have them sized larger to start with. However, with the larger sizes, when yr fingers shrink, like in the winter or in cold AC, there's a chance the rings might slip off your fingers and you might lose them! :o

Oh and the other thing is my weight has fluctuated by abt 20 lbs either way and when I was at my heaviest, I was a 4.5 on my LH and a 5 on my RH.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I don't remember what my ring size was when I got married -- but it was a lot smaller than now! I can't get rings I wore then past my knuckles anymore. Wear a 7 now, 6.5 in thin rings.

Using your hands makes them bigger over the years. If you're right-handed, that'll be the larger one. I decided opening jars when cooking every night was the culprit! Gotta stop cooking. 8-)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have went from a 7 to a 8.5, I have gained weight and I have had 2 kids...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I was a size 6 when I got engaged, now I prefer a 6.5, as the 6's are snug and I hate wearing tight rings. I haven't had a baby yet, but I have gained some weight over the last few years :-o

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been a size 5 for a while. No kids yet...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have remained pretty stable over the last decade or so despite having arthritis. My right hand ring finger is a 6.25 and my left hand is a 6. I remember it was a conundrum for me when deciding if I should get an eternity band since it would be very difficult to resize if at all but in the end I went for it and so far so good. Not sure if I will remain the same size over the next decade or so but I sure hope so. Very little weight fluctations btw. I agree with Pheonix though when it is cold my rings can slide off so I need to be very careful. I always hated snug fitting jewelry, clothes etc so I do tend to go slightly larger so while it fits quite comfortably in the summer it tend to be a bit loose in the winter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes,from 7.75 to 8.5

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I currently wear a 7-ish (sometimes 6 3/4) and have for quite a while. I like being able to try on rings in jewelry stores because it seems like 7 is usually a standard size.
For a while when I was a teenager I was very skinny (too skinny for my build, probably) and wore a size 5 ring. During that time I only purchased a few cheap silver rings...I found them in my jewelry box recently and they fit my pinky! Lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 32 years from a 7.25 to an 8.25

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got married 25 years ago I was a 4.25. Now I am a 5 scant.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ering was a loose size 4.5 24 years ago. It's now a somewhat loose 5.25. It's all in the knuckles for me.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6.25 when I got married 17 years ago. That was my ring size since high school, no matter how my weight fluctuated. Now my ring size is a 5. My hands have shrunk.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I think there is a strong (but not absolute, obviously) correlation between pregnancy and body changes like finger size.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring size changes depending on what I've eaten that week, what the temperature is, whether it's a full moon... anywhere from 3.5 to 4.25.

I'm confident I'm going to be one of those women who won't be able to wear her rings through pregnancy! But the knuckles are the biggest parts, so maybe they won't actually change all that much...?

My MIL wears the same size 4 she did when she got engaged, three children and all sorts of life changes later!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers change if I gain/lose weight. Obviously that included pregnancy and after. My fingers also change (maybe a quarter-half of size) according to the weather. Smaller when I am cold, larger (swollen) when I am hot.

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
The size of my finger where the rings hasn't changed after 12 years and 2 children and an extra 7 kg, but ....my knuckles are expanding as I age, I had to get my rings sized larger to get over my knuckles about a Size and I am only 40! , fortunately they are only half eternity so it could easily be done.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a 5.75 and have been a little smaller..but have the knuckle issues... that come with age..

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
When I was married, I wore a 5-5.5. Now, depending on the mandrel used, and the width of the band, I wear anywhere from a 6.5 to a 71/2. I think age and the fact I use my hands a lot has more to do with this than weight gain or having gone through 2 pregnancies.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original wedding set was 4.75 and I now wear 5.5 after 34 years. My ring size did not change after having babies, but I gradually put on some weight as hormones changed over the last 10 years. This is why I really don't recommend that young women get full eternity rings when they get married, because it is really unlikely that they will have the same ring size for a lifetime. Of course, if you have a good jeweler, you can always have the ring remade or get a new one!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I was in high school I weighed over 200 lbs and wore a ring size 6. I lost a great deal of weight in late high school and my ring size dropped to 4.5. Since then my weight has been as low at 120 and as high as 190, and the whole time my ring size has stayed between 4 and 4.5 (dependent on season and not weight at all). I'm 26 now. I feel lucky to have consistent finger sizes, not being able to wear my rings when I gain weight would make me very sad.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I find that my rings (size 6) fit more loosely or tightly when my weight fluctuates. I have fleshy fingers. My mom, on the other hand, has very slender fingers. She wore a size 4 when she got married over 35 years ago. Today she wears a size 7. But she's the exact same weight (right around 115 pounds). I think it's her knuckles/arthritis.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm another shape-changer: since high school, I've steadily fluctuated between a 5 in winter and a 5.75 in summer ... with finer distinctions depending on tides, moon, stars, etc.

Pregnancy, on the other hand? Whole. New. Ballgame. My ring size has shot up to a 6.5, maybe even 6.75! I am deeply uncomfortable with this, especially since I collect eternity bands. Some of them can be resized, but ... well, let's just say that I'm hoping to lose the baby weight quickly. Especially from my hands!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I was a loose 5.5 when i got married. in the latter part of my pregnancy, the size 6.5 temp band i bought wouldn't even go on my finger, so who knows what size i was. now, 2 months post partum i'm a normal 5.5 - my rings don't spin as much as they used to, but still fit comfortably. so there is hope, Circe!

on the other hand, my shoe size seems to have gone up 0.5-1 size and it's not going back :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results