shape
carat
color
clarity

How has your ring size changed?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I've already gone up a quarter to a half size in a year, just from gaining a few pounds since the wedding...and no pregnancy in sight :oops:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My ring size 5.5 has been pretty consistent since my 20's. I could not wear my rings during my 2 pregnanices because of tremendous weight gain/edema, but fit into them about 3 months post partum. Actually, after 2 kids my rings are too loose right now, they spin a lot, but I need the size to get past my knuckles. My fingers are getting bonier with age :(

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings were size 6 before marriage and still after my first pregnancy. I did not gain a pound with it, though. I gained 40 lbs in my 30-es, then lost 30 lbs, and my ring size was 7.5. After my 2nd pregnancy I gained about 4 sizes and my rings are size 9. I have not noticed any change in the size when I lose weight, though. I think it has to do with the knuckles.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, you guys are scaring me! I was convinced my 4.5 ring size would change during and after pregnancy so I begged ERD to make my e-ring setting bigger. And I begged Yekutiel to make my eternity roomier! Both said no, it wouldn't change! And they were right so far.

In a way, I'm glad because I will do my darndest not to gain weight and stay my same finger size but what if my knuckles expand???!!!??? :errrr: Scary!!!!!! Oh well, upgrade time then! Then again, I saw a thread where Madame B said she lost weight and her finger got a lot smaller so maybe if I just stay the same weight it'll be OK? Now I'm scared!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very reassuring to know I'm not the only one with 'ever changing finger sizes'! Throughout the day my rings are loose/tight/loose/INFLAMED! and depending on my hormones/food/alcohol/exercise, it changes as well. Hot vs cold locations, etc. My original e ring (26.5 years ago) was a 6.5, now it is a 7.5 and it appears as tho my finger has eroded (LOL!!!) where my rings sit. My RH has ballooned up to an 8! YIKES!

At least the sparkly treasure's I'm wearing make me feel beautiful, if not the ring size --- and besides, your ring size (like your shoe size or your dress size or your weight) is not posted on the outside -no one but you know :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results