shape
carat
color
clarity

How hard is it to rotate a stone in a prong setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIke...twist it a hair?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Have an experienced jeweler do it and it's no problem. I've had it done to my diamond twice with no harm at all.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just noticed its just BARELY off perfectly square in the setting. Im an insane nutjob and I want the hexagon perfectly perfect! haha

Thanks.

I hope they can do it while Im there hopefully getting my band sanded down.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You're not an "insane nutjob"
twirl.gif
...You should have what you want, how you want it... this isn't a $15 tee shirt---it's a mutlti-thousand dollar diamond!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I am so insane. I seriously think I have OCD. I carry a loupe with me and examine it all the time. Its being done right now, and they are thinning my band from 3mm to 2 as well.
1.gif
Gotta make the rock bigger
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL< I had to go back a couple of posts, I could not figure out why you were getting your HAND sanded down. Made a lot more sense when I saw that you actually said BAND...

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA! Yea I could get my hand sanded down. It would be a little less "man hand" that way
2.gif

The turning and the sanding went perfect. Its a little funny lookin on its own but with the other band next to it, PERFECT.

I love how it makes the rock look like a honker again (that means BIG!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results