shape
carat
color
clarity

How early is too early

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
to start planning a wedding? FF and I have been talking a lot lately, and I know he has a date picked out for when he''s going to propose in the fall (side note: EEEEE!!!!!!), so we''ve decided to start looking into planning the wedding. The thing is, we''ll be planning the wedding from out of town, and as FF will be in medical school, we''ve decided we want a two year engagement, as we wont be able to travel out of town every weekend to arrange things. We''ve chosen a tentative date of September 24th, 2011. I guess I''m just wondering how much I can really get started this early in advance... I suppose booking a venue/photographer would be OK, but can I really start planning decor/outfits/invites etc?

Any thoughts ladies?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Personally I have no desire to spend 2 years planning a wedding that is a really long time! I would wait until you were at the year mark to really start making decisions, so much can change in the next 2+ years. I can''t even begin to tell you how many things we thought we were sure on that we changed in the past month.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I think it''s fine to start researching/looking/gethering ideas right now, but I would leave it as late as possible to start actually putting deposits down. Because your mind can change SO much, and 2 years is a long time. I would wait until you were a year out. The only exception to this would be if a venue or photographer really gets booked up over a year in advance.

Definitely things like the dress, I would wait for. Doesn''t mean you can''t go looking though
2.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input purselover & LilyKat!

I think the things I was worried about were those that you mentioned Lily- both the venue and photographer we love book up a year and a half in advance, so I think we might book them shortly after we get engaged...

Anyone else have a long engagement planned?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Planning a bit now saves time. I would narrow down possible venue options, pick the color scheme, start considering the guest list etc. BUT I wouldn''t put any money down before I''m actually engaged and the wedding is about a year away.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I want a long engagement. But my SO doesn''t. So we''ll probably compromise on a year or just short of a year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results