shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this baby look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
I'll post a link to it since it's so much neater on the website:

http://www.bluenile.com/details.asp?pid=LD00645075&item=3_24&filter_id=0&sec=&query=&page=1&sortby=price

I figured it would be more cost effective to look for a diamond with a 58% table rather than compromising on Polish/Symmetry grades (if anybody thinks that's foolish tell me now), and I came across this baby fresh from the GIA labs. Assuming it has good proportions to it (every Blue Nile diamond w/Sarin or AGS stats I tested scored less than 2 on the HCA), what do you guys think? Is the table too high? Is the color too low? Or am I being paranoid while I'm looking at a beautiful, firey, and white diamond that the naked eye will find no problems with?

If there's no problems, I'll focus my search on the "Very Good" cut category which often features diamonds with 58% tables being their only infraction. Or is it wiser to stick to 53-57 tables and perhaps sacrifice on Polish or Symmetry grades. If so, which one should get demoted to Good without a noticable difference, Polish, Symmetry, Both, or none? I'd hate to waste money where it won't be noticed, but if there IS a noticable difference in either the table sizing or the Pol/Sym grading let me know what the deal is in either category.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results