shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this 2 ct round look?

EmergencyBag238

Rough_Rock
After shopping for a round diamond this last month, my gf hinted that she would like a diamond with carat size closer to 2, instead of the 1.4-1.5 I had been shopping for. =*( I've been lurking these forums for a while and really appreciate the community and great advice I've seen here, but frankly stressed about having to start over again. Previously at 1.4-1.5 I was able to prioritize cut, but closer to 2 ct it seems like I need to sacrifice a lot. I'm trying to cap my budget at $18k now. I figure I could start at 2 cts and work my way down.

Any concerns with clarity on this one? Can the flaws on the edge could be hidden by a prong? I used the diamondscanner and hca tool to check that there were ideal proportions and HCA score is at 1.2.

I'd love to be able to get her that 2ct, but open to suggestions if I should stay away from this diamond and shop around for a 1.7-1.9 ct range with a better cut/color/eye clean and possibly lower pricetag.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...ty-ideal-cut-sku-11535351?a_aid=55f8cd4e21a11

2.05 g il.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Put that sucker on hold or buy it right now since there are lurkers waiting to snipe recommendations.
BTW, it's a beautifully proportioned diamond - do it!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know if the stone is eye clean? I can see some inclusions in the middle of the stone and there is a cloudy spot where the arrows are...

EmergencyBag238

Rough_Rock
Do you know if the stone is eye clean? I can see some inclusions in the middle of the stone and there is a cloudy spot where the arrows are...

Hmm, not sure if it's eye clean, but I'm struggling with it more and more as I'm staring at the inclusions. I was hoping it could be partially covered by a prong but that might be wishful thinking.

I may look around for a smaller but cleaner si1 or perhaps find a vendor that verifies it's eye clean.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Would dropping to an I color be an option to get the 2ct you are striving for but not sacrifice the cut?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Checkout Whiteflash, they have some good options around your budget for 1.7ct diamonds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is that its eye clean IRL. But I think while it's on hold you can look at alternatives on WF, etc

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, not sure if it's eye clean, but I'm struggling with it more and more as I'm staring at the inclusions. I was hoping it could be partially covered by a prong but that might be wishful thinking.

I may look around for a smaller but cleaner si1 or perhaps find a vendor that verifies it's eye clean.

I think it's eye-clean...the inclusion at 5 o'clock is reflected at 11 o'clock, and could likely be hidden or mostly concealed with a prong.

What does everyone else think?

I think it would be eye clean IRL. I would screenshot the image and shrink it to real life size and then try and pick out the inclusions. Honestly, it looks like a great stone, well cut and if your girlfriend wants a 2ct stone - you’ve met her criteria. I screenshotted it and shrunk it to approx 3x the actual size and I could barely spot the inclusion. Ofc it’s very personal but I would much rather have the 2ct diamond with SI1 clarity than a 1.7ct diamond with VS1/VS2!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results