shape
carat
color
clarity

How does my proposal sound?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jls944

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone. I am getting ready to propose in a couple months and thought I would share my idea with you. Here goes......

Our 2 year dating anniversary is coming up in a couple months and I think she may have a slight idea of whats to come, so as a means to throw her off guard, she will be getting a hotel reservation instead of the ring. This reservation is for the follow Saturday (our anniversary is on a weekday) at a luxury hotel overlooking the Boston Harbor.

I have already spoke with the hotel and they are more than happy to help me out in any way. This is great because I have to get into the hotel room to set-up before I pick up my gf. Setting up the room will consist of hundreds of rose pedals spread across the bed and floor, candles to set the mood (the conceirge will light them when I am on my way back to the hotel with my gf), a bottle of champagne and ballet slippers. (My gf said that she wants to wear ballet slippers at the reception of her wedding so she can be comfortable and dance all night)

Becasuse I know my gf will know whats going on as soon as she enters the room, I have to make it look like the hotel set the whole thing up, so I will place the champagne and box that holds the ballet slippers on a room service tray. When we enter the room, I have to do some acting and look just as surprised as her. I''ll also make a comment such as "Wow, this is great, I didn''t know all of this came with the romance package." Stupid, but hopefully it works.

Anyway, as we make our way over to the champagne and "gift" I will tell her to open the box. While she''s opening it and reveals the ballet slippers, I will take a knee.

I made dinner reservations for later in the night so she gets to wear it out. This is where I pray I did a good job on the ring because she will probably not even notice the McDonalds we go to as she will be staring at the ring all night. J/K about the McDonalds, but I hope she likes it.

So thats the plan. What do you think? Suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Love it! And the ballet shoes- what a sweet touch.

Good luck to you! Don''t forget a camera- my fiancee took a picture of me just moments after I said yes.. it always brings me back to that day when I look at that picture.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It sounds romantic and very personal. The touch about the ballet slippers is brillant! You are a true sweetheat...congrats!!!!

trid316

Rough_Rock
LOVE the idea, simply brilliant, and SOOO personal.

The funny thing is that I am in a very similar situation to you. I will be visiting Boston on a little trip that my GF and I planned for Memorial Day weekend. Like you, she will be expecting it, but I just can''t think of any better time. So I''m gonna go through with it while we''re out there. Going to catch a show, dinner at Top of the Hub, and then a Limo Ride around the city for 2 hours, on which we''ll stop at the Boston Public Gardens (or alternative spot) where we''ll take a stroll and I''ll pop the question!

If I get too nervous there, the concierge will be doing the same thing for me back at the hotel, what a coincidence! Rose petals, flowers, wine, but no slippers
21.gif

So yeah, it''s very odd that we''ll be in Boston at close to the same time, and both be proposing. CONGRATULATIONS, and GOOD LUCK!! She''ll be blown away!!
36.gif

By the way, which restaurant are you guys having dinner in?

And which hotel are you staying at, just curious?

Again, good luck and Congrats! Let us know how it turns out!

jls944

Rough_Rock
I am not sure as to where we will be dining yet. We have already been to the Top of the Hub and to some other fine restaurants so I think we will go to eat at Mertige for dinner and then Intrigue for dessert. Both of these are in the hotel we are staying in, the Boston Harbor Hotel.

Where will you be staying? Are you from the area? I live very close to Boston so let me know if you have any question or want some ideas.

Good Luck!

trid316

Rough_Rock
Still love the idea of your proposal!!

I''m not from the area, and have never been to Boston, but will be leaving for Boston on FRIDAY, I can''t wait!

So yeah, we kinda booked late, and tried to stay affordable, so we''re staying at the Colonnade for 2 nights, and driving down toward''s Martha''s Vineyard on Sunday, but can''t remember the name of the hotel we''re staying down there.

So how was the Top of the Hub? Romantic?

So as I said, I''m heading out next Friday, and planned on proposing on Sat. night. We''ll be taking a limo ride/tour of the city in the evening after dinner, and was actually looking for some ideas on where to actaully propose. I figure I can just tell the limo dirver where we want to go, and maybe that we''re going to take a little walk, and them boom, pop the question. But I''m still looking for ideas of places to actually ask.

Here are some ideas I''ve been given....

Boston Public Garden - maybe on the bridge above the swans (probably the most common response from people)
Christopher Columbus Park (heard it might be closed at night?)
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum courtyard
On the Charles River (Pick your favorite bridge and walk halfway across at dusk)
The Esplanade, at the Hatch Shell
Copley Square

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Keep in mind that this will be late at night, probably 10pm or so....

Thanks again in advance for your insight!

And GOOD LUCK to you!!

jls944

Rough_Rock
I haven''t heard of the Colonnade Hotel but from their website it looks very nice.

The Top of the Hub is a very romantic restaurant. I recommend telling them it will be a special night and ask to be seated by the window (even though every table has an excellent view).

As far as some ideas of where you can propose/visit. I was originally going to propose on the Charles River before I thought of the idea above. If the weather is nice, it would be very romantic to get a bottle of wine and blanket, walk along the Charles River for a bit and pick out a good spot to sit down. Just as the sun is setting and you have pour yourselves a glass of wine, it would be a perfect time to pop the question. Oh, by the way, the Esplanade is along the Charles, so you can hit this attraction on your walk.

Another idea is to go to Castle Island in South Boston. It''s more of a peninsula than an island along the harbor. Logan Airport across from the "island" so you can see the planes flying overhead.

Boston Garden is also a great idea.

Is is Memorial Day weekend that you are visiting? If so, keep an eye on the weather because I think it is supposed to rain. Let me know if you have any other questions. In the mean time, I will think of some other ideas for you.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Too cute! I love the ballet slippers touch. Good luck and congrats!
Sounds picture perfect!
36.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
emlove.gif
it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is wonderful...but where will the ring be?

Deb

jls944

Rough_Rock
I''ll pull the ring from my pocket because as she opens the box, she will know exactly what is to come next.

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
to really throw her off, yo could ask someone at Concierge to say something to y''all like "as a means of promotion, we decorated each room with couples in it, if you''re uncomfortable with the decorations, please call us as soon as you get to the room so we can clean it up"....hope this helps! All the best man!!!

My two cents

jls944

Rough_Rock
Thats a great idea shaneyboy. Thanks for the help.

KrWz

Rough_Rock
Sounds great man! Good luck and wishing you an early congratulations!

chudilo

Rough_Rock
Ballet Slippers are a great touch ..
Hoewever the Rose "PEDALS" on the bed might be a little uncomfortable
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results