shape
carat
color
clarity

how does hair/make up work on day of?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i took a break from wedding planning, and have to admit i enjoyed the break! but now it''s back to reality and planning.

i have yet another random questions for my ever so helpful BIW gals---how does hair and make up work on THE day? Especially if they come to your house/hotel? Do they do your hair first (and use a sink), and then make up? Or do they expect you to shower and come out?

I don''t know if I''m unique in this, but I''d like to do portions of my own make up (mostly evening out of skin tone, cover up in areas---i just know my face better than anyone else), so trying to figure out how to coordinate it all and have things flow.

also do bm''s start at same time as me or little later. logistics are complicated!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Janine
35.gif

You want to have your hair done and then your makeup. The heat from the curling iron or flat iron (depending on your style) can mess up your makeup so it''s good to have that done second.

As far as hair goes, you don''t want to wash your hair on the day of. Dirty hair holds style much better.

I''d say that you should probably have your stuff done first so that you could possibly get some pictures taken while they''re getting ready. If you have a lot of girls, you might want to have more than one hair stylist/make up artist there.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hair, then makeup. Usually you have to be at the salon to do hair, and then either get makeup done there, another salon, or wherever your makeup artist will do it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well first you get your hair done in a style you''ve never tried before - something really weird... then you proceed to hack it off on camera... then you post it on... oh wait that''s something else LOL ;-)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 2:09:37 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
well first you get your hair done in a style you''ve never tried before - something really weird... then you proceed to hack it off on camera... then you post it on... oh wait that''s something else LOL ;-)
You crack me up Cehra!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 2:09:37 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

HAHAHAHAHA - ROTFLMAO!

BIG scissors. Need em.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Janine, most of the time, they come and do your hair first, makeup second. Typically, bride is done first.....in that way, photographer can get some shots of the bride while the others are finishing up.

Most will tell you that you can wet your hair the morning of, but no shampoo. This helps it hold style better, just as Robbie mentioned.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending where you are for the wedding, coming to you is the best option. It might be easier to wash your own hair or see if you can use the hotel salon if poss. I would do a trial first, because they might be able to do a nice job on all the makeup and it will likely last longer and look better in pictures. You can approach each stylist and see what makes sense for you.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
You could ask your hair stylist what they''d prefer you to do for the hair portion. As a BM for one wedding, the hair stylist asked us to wash our hair the day of, but to add tons and tons mousse before she styled our hair.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Janine, welcome back! I''m glad you had a good break from planning.
Sorry I can''t answer your question but just thought I''d say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results