shape
carat
color
clarity

how doe this look??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
Hey I was just wondering if this is a nice diamond

1.2 ct H VS2 Round Ideal Cut
$7,378.00

. Report: GIA
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.20
. Depth %: 62.2
. Table %: 57
. Crown Angle: 35.5
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 50
. Pavilion Angle: 41
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 80
. Girdle: Medium to slightly thick faceted
. Measurements: 6.76-6.80X4.22
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

thanks!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Despite the fact that whoever is selling it calls it "ideal" you can do much better. It gets a 3.9 on the HCA which isn't good, you want 2 or under.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
oh okay, It was from white flash, so i thought it would be good.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:57:44 PM
Author: nani565

WF's ACA collection is fantastic, and most of their expert selection stones are too. But their general round stones are just from a database, so some are nice and some aren't. Those ones aren't in house.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. The ACA''s you might not even have to put through the HCA, but just as a guide to help if you look through more of the ES stones, you want to stick to these numbers if you want an ideally cut stone:

depth - 60 - 62 ( although you can go deeper if all else is right, suggest a max of 62.6%)
table - 54 - 57%
crown angle -shallower 34 - 35 degrees, getting a bit steeper = further eval
pavillion angle - shallower 40.5 - 40.9 or 41 degrees getting a bit steeper= further eval
girdle thin to slightly thick, medium, slightly thin are all fine, avoid extremes such as thin to ex thick

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2008 1:07:53 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Agreed. The ACA''s you might not even have to put through the HCA, but just as a guide to help if you look through more of the ES stones, you want to stick to these numbers if you want an ideally cut stone:

depth - 60 - 62 ( although you can go deeper if all else is right, suggest a max of 62.6%)
table - 54 - 57%
crown angle -shallower 34 - 35 degrees, getting a bit steeper = further eval
pavillion angle - shallower 40.6 - 40.9 or 41 degrees getting a bit steeper= further eval
girdle thin to slightly thick, medium, slightly thin are all fine, avoid extremes such as thin to ex thick
Ditto the ladies! I would make the pavilion angle at 40.6 but apart from that you can use the numbers as a guide to find a well cut round diamond. The stone above is what we call a steep deep with the angles, generally speaking diamonds with these angles can leak light and not be the best performers.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:57:44 PM
Author: nani565
Although companies like WF have the midas touch when it comes to beautiful jewellery and customer service, they can only be as good as the customer''s brief/choice. Choose an ES or ACA and you will do no wrong, choose outside the box and you will need to look carefully to get a ''gem''! Perhaps you could ask them (wf) for help to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results