shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wear your watch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Hubby just bought me a new Seiko watch for my birthday. I love it! It has a mother of pearl face and a rose gold bezel with 20 diamonds. The watch face is larger than I''ve had before and the band is loose. Is it designed to be loose like a bracelet? Or should I have a couple of links removed?

How loose/tight do you wear your watch?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture that shows the looseness.

IMG_0382.JPG

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Bulova that is similiar and I took links out. I don''t like really loose watches.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

I may not be much help, but I'm wondering if 'all watches are created equal.' What I mean is, maybe some styles are meant to be worn loose (like a bracelet) and others aren't? Personally, I can't stand when my watch slides around, so I ALWAYS remove a link or 2, and I have to say that your watch is so lovely and I would say it is 'fine jewelry' and so I don't think it deserves to be worn as a 'bracelet.' Does that make sense? To me, wearing it that way is more casual, and your piece is much more dignified than that. ;-)

And, I'm thinking watches are made large because who knows who will end up wearing it? Someone may have a 'fat' wrist, while another has a tiny, tiny wrist?? So they're made with extra links - just in case? :)

Hope I've helped a little??? But, this is all my opinion and nothing I can say is fact; maybe others can chime in and give you better info.

-Rachel

PS Can I say again how lovely your watch is?! Congratulations!! :)

ETA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks too loose to me, but it''s a matter of personal preference. I like my watches to be barely loose enough to slip a bit when I move my arm, but not loose enough that the face could flip around.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
My watch fits more on the snug side-- It can move a bit but not too much. I think it would be distracting to have it bigger and I think it will speed up the scratches you''ll get on the band of your watch.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:17:29 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777
I may not be much help, but I''m wondering if ''all watches are created equal.'' What I mean is, maybe some styles are meant to be worn loose (like a bracelet) and others aren''t? Personally, I can''t stand when my watch slides around, so I ALWAYS remove a link or 2, and I have to say that your watch is so lovely and I would say it is ''fine jewelry'' and so I don''t think it deserves to be worn as a ''bracelet.'' Does that make sense? To me, wearing it that way is more casual, and your piece is much more dignified than that. ;-)
I think some watches are meant to be worn loose (antique ladies'' diamond watches especially), but this one doesn''t seem that way to me. I think that look works best with delicate, small-faced watches with open links, rather than solid links like this one.

But again, it''s all personal preference
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input! I was beginning to believe no one wore watches!!

I''ve been wearing it as is today to see what I thought, but I think with the bigger sized face it kind of looks like I''m wearing my dad''s watch with it this loose.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:18:29 PM
Author: musey
It looks too loose to me, but it''s a matter of personal preference. I like my watches to be barely loose enough to slip a bit when I move my arm, but not loose enough that the face could flip around.

thats exactly how I wear my nice watch. i want it to move, but not to be able to flip over. It would drive me crazy if the face kept flipping over.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
"How do you wear your watch"?

I wear my watch on my wrist!
31.gif

Seriously though..my Gucci bangle watch, fits more like a bracelet..a little loose, moves a bit. I love it more than any other watch because it''s so thin, lightweight..I hate big chunky watches ..I like more feminine styles.

gucci bangle watch.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear mine more snug. I don''t like them too loose.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I prefer mine a bit looser and I often add a link from another watch so I have enough room to slide the watch up my wrist when washing my hands. I don''t think the faces or styles look like they''d be a man''s watch, but they''d probably fit DH!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 11:09:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh
same here.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:24:34 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 12/18/2008 11:09:09 PM

Author: Kaleigh

same here.

Ditto here too

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like mine a bit loose but not enough that it would slide totally around. I can''t stand it if they are too tight.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 9:35:22 AM
Author: Catmom
I like mine a bit loose but not enough that it would slide totally around. I can''t stand it if they are too tight.
Same here.

I think that watch looks way too big. I''d have some links removed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I prefer mine close to my wrist; yet my sister and Mom like it bracelet style. My MOm has smashed a few crystals since her watch it is loose....

cheers--Sharon

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my watch to be loose but admittedly it''s smaller than yours. I think, because of the size of the face, I''d be tempted to wear it a little tighter.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I like mine to fit snugly. Not tight but not too loose. If it''s too loose, I find that it bangs around more than I would like.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear that one a bit tighter so it doesn''t rotate.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
I would size your bracelet down a bit. A jeweler can take out one or two links and it will fit much better. With that style, it is supposed to fit well, but not too snug. Leather straps fit closer to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results