shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies,

Had a chat with a good friend, and the topic of sleeping habits came up.

Turns out I was under the impression that most couples sleep in each others arms. I sleep either ''spooned'' by SO, or I ''spoon'' him (granted he''s bigger to don''t manage to completely cover him!)

If he move apart during sleep, we will come back to these positions almost in our sleep.

My friend needs to sleep without touching anyone, or she can''t sleep at all.

Which is more common?

Would like to hear about your experiences!

Merry Christmas!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
BF and I cudde when we''re going to sleep but I need to move apart and have my own space to actually fall asleep most times.

Sharing a bed with my BF has led to the discovery that I am a bit of a danger to sleep next to, I thrash out alot and on occasion elbow BF in the face or knee him in the stomach or groin while we''re asleep. This morning he woke up with what looks like the beginings of a black eye so either i got his eye while we were asleep or he''s alergic to somthing.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on both of our moods and the room temperature. Sometimes I prefer to cuddle and sometimes I want my space. Most of the time though, we both love to fall asleep holding each other or "spoon" and sleep that way all night. I probably fall asleep most easily when I am laying on his shoulder and his arm is around me! That is definitely my favorite
9.gif
But if it''s too hot in the room, I can''t cuddle with him at all because I simply get too hot and uncomfortable to be able to fall asleep.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''d both like to fall asleep cuddling. Sometimes we do. Usually one or the other of us needs to shift and turn to get comfortable. He''s got an infection that is messing with his muscles. I was in a couple of car accidents a few years ago (one very serious) and have back pain.

Most of the time we fall asleep holding hands or at least touching the other.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
It varies. Occasionally we manage to sleep curled up together, but by and large I am an unromantic sleeper. I''m wiggly, an insomniac, and my current bed is small, so I often end up moving to the other room to fall asleep to a familiar movie (my preferred cure for sleeplessness).

I spent a long time believing that sleeping in each other''s arms is the ideal, and anything else is somehow a failure of the relationship. I have finally come to the point where I know that isn''t true for me and to view sleep as sleep, not some metaphor for anything else.

For life, however, I so need a king size bed and a pair of these!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 3:45:53 PM
Author: TooPatient
We''d both like to fall asleep cuddling. Sometimes we do. Usually one or the other of us needs to shift and turn to get comfortable. He''s got an infection that is messing with his muscles. I was in a couple of car accidents a few years ago (one very serious) and have back pain.

We''re pretty much the exact same way (minus the infection and the car accidents...sorry to hear about that, TP)...we cuddle, and we''d LOVE to fall asleep that way, but usually one or both of us is a bit squirmy and needs to move around. A has recently found that sleeping face-down is the most comfy for him...I usually fall asleep best laying on my back. We''ve been known to fall asleep cuddling when we''ve both been physically exhausted when heading to bed...but usually we cuddle, and then separate and hold hands or wrap our ankles together or something to fall asleep, then cuddle for a few minutes again in the morning when we wake up.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 3:45:53 PM
Author: TooPatient

Ditto to that. Sometimes we''ll hold hands but usually he''ll hold me until we fall asleep. I move around a TON so we usually end up on opposite ends of the bed. However, in the morning we always end up coming back together for a morning cuddle session :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When fi is over, we fall asleep with him wrapped around me, and wake up in the same position. When he''s here, I sleep like a baby! I''ve gotten better sleep in the past few months than I have in the past four years. Many times I''ll snuggle up on his chest to watch tv, and inevitably I pass out within 15 minutes!

I don''t remember the last time I felt that comfortable or secure at night as I do now.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I need space when I''m sleeping...I tend to toss and turn before finding a comfortable position. I have limited space so I take advantage of all I can get. My boyfriend is a big guy! (6''4" and grew up playing football...needless to say, the Queen size bed is feeling a bit cramped.) Also, our wonderful black lab puppy (who is now weighing about 65 lbs) usually cuddles up in between us, so we''re separated whether we like it or not. We both like the room to be cold when we sleep, so the added body heat of cuddling/spooning is just too much!
1.gif

Sugarcicle

Rough_Rock
Trade
We like to snuggle and spoon when we get in bed, but when it''s time to actually fall asleep, we end up on opposite sides of the bed. I am (gasp) one of those people who doesn''t like to touch anyone when I''m sleeping.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Generally, I am a need-my-space-kinda-girl. My FI who is so wonderful, often times gives me a massage or scratches my back while I fall asleep, and I almost always like to put my left leg over his legs when falling asleep...but once we do fall asleep, we are very much on our separate sides of the bed! We joke about wanting a California King someday so we can have tons of room to spread out.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently my boy and I are in the minority. We''re definitely cuddlers. Usually he''ll spoon me, or I''ll spoon him, or sometimes he''ll be on his back with his arm around me and I''ll be on my stomach using his shoulder as my pillow. Once I''m asleep I tend not to move, but he tends to shift around a bit, but we just shift together.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
We fall asleep spooning (90% of the time me spooning him) then drift apart while asleep.
If I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes I''ll cuddle up again, but usually not (too warm).

Before BF I was the "don''t touch me while I fall asleep" kinda gal, so I was amazed when I could fall asleep in his arms, or otherwise cuddled. I''m glad I trust him at the most primal level.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
We cuddle when we go to bed, but like 4ever, I have to have my own room to actually fall asleep. I sleep on my stomach and like to wrap myself up in blankets, which isn''t conducive to cuddling while sleeping, but we usually sleep very close together so we''re touching at least a little bit.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep on my stomach, FI (
9.gif
) sleeps on his back. He usually falls asleep after me, but we hold hands at least until I''m asleep. One time, I was going to sleep after him, and he was in a weird position, and I couldn''t hold his hand. I couldn''t fall asleep
8.gif
. Luckily, he got into a different position, and I was able to hold his hand (and fall asleep).

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
After almost 10 years of being together, I am more prone to stay on my own side of the huge king size bed!!! I guess the novelty has worn off (that sounds bad huh???) but I am ALWAYS hot and my back hurts the majority of the time so if I want to sleep I need to focus on getting comfortable.

It sucks getting old.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We have a king size bed. When we first started dating, we would sleep on only 2/3 of it. Now we''re pretty much on opposite sides. LOL. We kiss goodnight then he might as well be in another room!
3.gif
I can''t have anyone touching me, including the cats, who sometimes like to snuggle on my legs. I will not sleep otherwise.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I do the roll-away. Snuggle up, then rolllllllll away. We used to be super snuggly - but we had to be. We were two people in a twin bed! If we couldn''t cuddle and sleep, we couldn''t have sleep overs. Now that we''re in a queen, we generally sleep with our backs to one another.

Besides, if you snuggle all night, where does the dog sleep?
2.gif

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
We usually sleep on our sides facing away from each other. I think it''s because it''s more comfortable, not because we don''t like each other. I will sleep with my arm around him, and in the night he''ll put his arm around me. But we''re usually just doing our own thing when we sleep. I curl up in a ball, it''s kinda hard to snuggle with a ball.

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
I''m in the middle, like a few others. Most of the time we will fall asleep spooning or with him on his back and my head laying on his chest. But we almost always part at some point in the night because I have a hard time sleeping on my left hip and he has a hard time sleeping on his right shoulder, so when I wake up in the middle of the night, we''re usually back to back. It''s the "going to sleep" part that I enjoy snuggling up.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I can start off with cuddling and that''s nice. In order to actually fall asleep though, I have to be laying on my left side and BF cannot be touching me at all. If he touches me while I''m sleeping I wake up with my back hurting. He also twitches as he falls asleep so it''s kind of irritating to try and fall asleep while we''re touching.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the room temperature.

If we''re really tired we''ll fall asleep on each other. If we aren''t, I fall asleep with one leg bent and exposed to the air, and on my stomach, and he falls asleep on his back. We are always touching though. He reaches out to me in his sleep when I squirm away because I''m hot.
3.gif

Morning is fair game though. We''re usually super cuddled because I get cold.
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far away from him as possible!
9.gif
I hate being all schmuggled up when I sleep.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
About 50% we fall asleep with one of us spooning the other. The other 50% I am like get away from me, I need my space to sleep.

He can sleep anywhere, any time, any place, so he''s not really the issue
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
The SO and i usually fall asleep Spooning.Whether I spooning him, or Him spooning me. Actually i should start from the beginng...lol....Our sleep adventure starts with my nesting against him chest, than us saying good than the spooning mentioned above. But during the night we both, whether its i, turning over or him, but whats cute is, when i tur, i wont get close again, until he taps my hips, or he will grab my hips and pull me clost. I never remeber him tapping me, but i know what it means.
23.gif
Also, i learned that im somewhat interesting to sleep with, strictly because i talk in my sleep and sing. The boyfreind said at first he would talk to me, but now he just tells me to go back to bed, unless im talking about something interesting
32.gif

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
I''m realizing we''re pretty normal... my BF and I spoon or cuddle when we get into bed, but we sleep apart for the rest of the night. I usually fall asleep super fast when my BF is home, so he''ll hold me until I''m sleeping and then move to his side. We both sleep better that way... and that''s huge! I know he loves me even if he isn''t holding me the entire night : p

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
We cuddle for a bit before going to bed, then when give each other a quick kiss on the lips, and turn over to our own separate sides of the bed. I try to fall asleep before him because he snores. But if he falls asleep first, I end up elbowing him to get him to turn over and stuff. I feel kinda bad for him in that sense! But we''ll probably get a king size bed when we live together since I have a tendency to toss and turn in my sleep. He snores, I toss and turn all over the place...yup, sleeping in a bed with us can be a hazard!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually have a cuddle when we first get into bed and then we separate and sleep on our own sides of the bed. I hate having someone all over me when I''m trying to sleep.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love reading about this for some reason! It''s so cute that people sleep cuddled up with their SOs
1.gif

DH and I, unfortunately, don''t touch while we sleep for the most part
3.gif
We both feel hot and kind of claustrophobic if someone is holding us. However, we don''t have a problem with lightly touching each other - just no position where moving would wake up the other person. Though it would be kind of nice to sleep all snuggled up I think.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
I ask weird and personal questions to people I don''t know.

I think being anonymous online encourages great honesty.

And I''m nosey!

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results