shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you pick what bling to pack?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear anything when I travel because I don't want to worry about anything getting damaged, lost or stolen. I self insure so I'm keeping my risk of replacement low.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really. I tend to wear my paw pendant with my memorial bead of my last dog Beau. And usually I wear my diamond bracelet “stack” of my slide charm and aca bangle but I was thinking of just wearing my jadeite bangle to China since I don’t wear it much here and it’s more typical to see in China.

In terms of rings I have 2 stable thumb rings and everything else gets rotated around! I have rings for when I want to be blingy and rings for when I want to be discrete. I don’t want to bring too many rings though and it’s hard to pick which ones to take. It’s like choosing favorite children!
It depends on how safe you feel it is at home...and is it insured. I don’t insure everything so I usually wear Libby because she’s insured...taking one set of bands..my smaller studs..pendant..and silver bracelets..The rest I hide in my house and pray I don’t get robbed! I went to Italy a few years ago and went through horrible bling withdrawal...Never again..:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for the lily pad =D

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how safe you feel it is at home...and is it insured. I don’t insure everything so I usually wear Libby because she’s insured...taking one set of bands..my smaller studs..pendant..and silver bracelets..The rest I hide in my house and pray I don’t get robbed! I went to Italy a few years ago and went through horrible bling withdrawal...Never again..:lol:
:lol-2: This!! Life is too short for the misery of bling withdrawal....especially while on vacation when you're supposed to be at your most relaxed!

Like others, I only bring what I can wear. (I don't want to risk storing jewelry at my Airbnb or hotel safe.) Only the two largest of my four engagement-style rings are insured, so I'll bring one of those. The rest hang out in our home safe while we're on the road.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear diamond studs, diamond wedding stack and diamond pendant daily.

For travel, I have CZ versions of what I wear daily....but smaller stone size (more discreet). However, I have to wear the same amount of jewelry pieces, or else I feel naked.

I was told when traveling through Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam on my last business trip that I shouldn't wear anything at all, so I took off all my cz bling and put it in my hotel safe most days, didn't feel too uneasy about that, was more worried about getting my passport stolen.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should definitely bring both right hand rings! That way you can choose which one to wear in the moment. :mrgreen2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually given that there will be some swimming and sauna involved in this trip, I’ll leave the opal at home!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually given that there will be some swimming and sauna involved in this trip, I’ll leave the opal at home!
Omg..Good thinking! My son’s birthstone is opal. I had one...not as nice as yours..but I wore it daily with little children.. never taking it off. One day I looked down..and realized it fell out of the setting..When I found it the opal looked like tumbled marble. My only defense was I was very young and the children drove me ragged...lol
What are you going to do with Belle when you are on your trip?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She’s staying with another human she loves :)
I’m going to miss her so so much!
She’s so adorable...I know you will..I’ll miss her antics on IG!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results