shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you make a beach reception CLASSY or ELEGANT?

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
My man grew up on the beach and really wants to have our wedding reception on the beach. I'm hiring a large marquee and planning on getting the interior decorated.
The only issue is I love those really classy, elegant, sophisticated weddings... What decor would you use?? I really want to make the reception elegant and classy, yet I still want it to mesh well with our location.

HELP!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perhaps you could rent a floor (i.e. like a dance floor) to set tables on and then use lots of candles accented by flowers on the tables, just as you would at any location? Or, build a tent like structure, but make the four sides open and the top a really sheer, gauzy material. You could wrap the four poles with fairy lights and flowers....use this as your "dance floor"....maybe something along these lines? I think any location can be made elegant and classy, as long as you don't try to turn it into something it's not.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I think you can have a really nice wedding reception on the beach ,but ... in my opinion its a different sophistication then the traditional wedding you might have dreamed of. I think the key idea is understated and simple elegance.Some people think that simple means casual...no...more stream lined, less lace and less fuss, not flip flops and Hawaiian shirts(even though my brother did a casual beach wedding and it was fun, so to each his own)saw a television show once on California where a young bride wore a satin strapless 1930s style gown,long stem lilies with long billowing ribbon around them,hair was loose but pulled back on the side with a diamond Barrett, and she wore long diamond earrings... no shoes...the groom was in tux shirt and pants with no tie or shoes...but slicked back hair.The simple white tents and white cloth covered tables had large candles in clear glass holders with wide see through ribbon in light blue and light sea green wrapped around them.The live band played jazz and current top 40 music. food was spicy seafood dishes served on glass plates.I thought it was a cool way to add elegance to a beach wedding reception. Good luck!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results