shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you limit your screen time?

How much time do you spend on the internet?

• I check in a couple of times a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 hours

• 4 hours

• More

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I can’t remember what sunshine looks like

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL if you had asked me this years ago much more so. These days because I barely sleep I am online far too much. But what else can I do at 3AM when sleep is elusive? I enjoy the camaraderie and the fact that someone is always here due to PSers living in all different time zones. And then fellow insomniacs like me hello dear friend. Sigh. Wish we were sleeping but this is not a bad second best .

ETA: I don't know the number of hours because I don't want to know but I do check in often during the day because it is so easy to do so from one's phone. And just for a minute or two at a time. It's the perfect ADD accompaniment. LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I see you are awake as well...please join us. And bring your bling. :love: :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I see you are awake as well...please join us. And bring your bling. :love: :lol:

Haha!!! We’re hopeless bling addicts!
I have an app in my phone from who knows where that tells me how much screen time I did for the day..week..It’s pretty much all PS! It’s embarrassing how much time I spend in bits and pieces too!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL if you had asked me this years ago much more so. These days because I barely sleep I am online far too much. But what else can I do at 3AM when sleep is elusive? I enjoy the camaraderie and the fact that someone is always here due to PSers living in all different time zones. And then fellow insomniacs like me hello dear friend. Sigh. Wish we were sleeping but this is not a bad second best .

ETA: I don't know the number of hours because I don't want to know but I do check in often during the day because it is so easy to do so from one's phone. And just for a minute or two at a time. It's the perfect ADD accompaniment. LOL

I love coming here. It’s a party at all hours :dance:

Good morning, Mamabean!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am far too addicted to the internet generally :oops:

I end up in that 'circle of doom', where you have several websites you like and you have to check each one before switching off, but when you get to the last one you think 'perhaps there's something new on the first one?' and then start the circle again... :lol: lol

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I end up in that 'circle of doom', where you have several websites you like and you have to check each one before switching off, but when you get to the last one you think 'perhaps there's something new on the first one?' and then start the circle again... :lol: lol

Omg.

I feel so less insane right now :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg.

I feel so less insane right now :lol:

I do this too. Omg. Crazies unite!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES to all of the experiences shared above.......and more. :eek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am an outlier! LOL I don't tweet, follow IG or have a FB account. I don't shop much online. PS is my soft spot, although I often can't keep up!

OKOKOK I do like the Tiffany website and might spend a bit of time lurking there........:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t!!

Although I try (and not succeed) to keep off the internet before bed, but there have been times that at 2am when I can’t sleep I can be found playing games and surfing :oops:

SheriGoddart33

Rough_Rock
Since I have nothing more to do, I do not limit myself in time. But I think it's worth doing something else

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Limits are somewhat built in because I have other things to do. Even now when I am spending much more time online I also have masks to sew, plants to plant plus the ‘I finally have time to do it’ to -do list. I work a few afternoons a week with a free meal program, making more dinners at home, the laundry hasn’t stopped, going for a walk, spending time with hubby. I can’t be online when I’m doing something else.
I also keep my phone to bare minimum apps so that isn’t as handy. Hubby recently insisted I add messenger to my phone because while I claimed I didn’t need/want it, I was too often asking him to do my messages on his phone, lol. It feels like a huge invasion to my phone.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My family watched The Social Dilemma tonight. It is an amazing documentary from the folks who invented social media and how they designed it to be addictive. I will not say more about it except I highly recommend it to everyone and it should be required watching for all parents. It is well worth a hour and a half of your time and is so relevant to everything happening in our country right now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I don't but I've been trying to lately. Between work and personal I've got a device in front of me all day. I am trying to put up my laptop by about 7 or 8 pm and then leave my iPad alone. Lately I started watching videos on You Tube but at least I pull them up on my TV.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was sivk last week with vertigo unable to get out of bed or walk or see or eat or do anything but chuck
so i went the first 4 days with no phone,.no lap top, no tv, no Bruce Springsteen i was so sick
I saw zero news
It was horrible and lonelly
WW3 could have started for all o knew
(I had a freind on my Bruce Springsteen forum die and another freind lost their daughter) and then Dean Jones died

That's enough limiting for me for the next 20 years

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sivk last week with vertigo unable to get out of bed or walk or see or eat or do anything but chuck
so i went the first 4 days with no phone,.no lap top, no tv, no Bruce Springsteen i was so sick
I saw zero news
It was horrible and lonelly
WW3 could have started for all o knew
(I had a freind on my Bruce Springsteen forum die and another freind lost their daughter) and then Dean Jones died

That's enough limiting for me for the next 20 years

@Daisys and Diamonds I am so sorry you were ill and I am glad and relieved you are feeling better. I missed you here and am glad you are back!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't feel the need to limit my screen time. Not now during this pandemic. Whatever brings us joy is good. What I am limiting (as in not watching at all) is the news. That just brings doom and gloom and anxiety for me so currently the news is off limits. But for checking out the weather. #cyclingforecastcritical

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live on my own with a cat and a dog.

I only interact face to face with my neighbours, and a handful of individuals as support bubbles.

Being able to interact with others online during lockdown was important, and I am grateful that I was able to do so.

I even helped to set up a virtual pub FB page for the pub in town that I frequent (it is still closed, however, I am doing small bits and pieces to help with its renovation in the hope it would be able to re-open at the end of October 2020).

I have an online newspaper subscription, as well as other news provider such as the BBC.

The majority of my work is conducted online since September last year.

So yes, I spend a lot of time online, however, it is a way of life nowadays.

I would prefer to spend more time having face to face interactions with people, however, not under these current crazy circumstances!

DK :))

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
My family watched The Social Dilemma tonight. It is an amazing documentary from the folks who invented social media and how they designed it to be addictive. I will not say more about it except I highly recommend it to everyone and it should be required watching for all parents. It is well worth a hour and a half of your time and is so relevant to everything happening in our country right now.

This is interesting. I will watch this tonight. It would be so helpful especially online learning is via social media. Thanks again for sharing the info and experience.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results